Puma End Ireland deal

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Re: Puma End Ireland deal

Post by Lamb of BOD »

Broken Wing wrote:O'Neills are the providers for Harlequins, Cork Con and 45 other rugby clubs as well as 50 rugby league sides. Full list here: http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/rug ... union.html
In an age when we (all of us) should be doing everything we can to keep our shekels circulating within this economy, I;d love to see O'Neills as our shirt manufacturer.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Lamb of BOD wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:O'Neills are the providers for Harlequins, Cork Con and 45 other rugby clubs as well as 50 rugby league sides. Full list here: http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/rug ... union.html
In an age when we (all of us) should be doing everything we can to keep our shekels circulating within this economy, I;d love to see O'Neills as our shirt manufacturer.
Absolutely, too often people choose non Irish products.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

For me the jersey is of lesser importance to fleeces t-shirts track suits jackets and hoodies. I wear my Leinster fleeces t-shirts and hoodies quite a bit and with Canterbury they last ages. I have 2 Canterbury Ireland jackets that are really comfortable and have lasted ages. I want to know that when I spend cash on gear it will last.

My only issue is that all the gear has shrunk a bit around the waist over the years. Bizare that.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

deco wrote:
Lamb of BOD wrote:
Absolutely, too often people choose non Irish products.
I don't think Quins will be renewing the contract when it's up for renewal next season! We get some of our other wear (ie hoodies etc) from Canterbury; we have a contract with Longchamps (I think) to do smart wear. The merchandising range is terrible. Whether that's down to ONeills or Quins is up for debate, but I remember at the start of the season you couldn't buy a shirt for love nor money.

I rather have the impression that whilst ONeills want to be a bigger player and get into the bigger rugby clubs, they can't cope once they have.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

claire_m wrote:I rather have the impression that whilst ONeills want to be a bigger player and get into the bigger rugby clubs, they can't cope once they have.
Not a fan of their gear but I'd say Quinns and possibly all of the English clubs would be quite small in terms of production runs compared to some of the larger GAA counties like Dublin, Cork, Kerry where there is a huge amount of replica gear demand.

Fair enough if its a quality thing or specifically to do with producing clobber for rugby specifically but I think that anecdotally they would have the capacity to deal with very large sporting bodies.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

And the last jerseys under the deal...

I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

There's something very cheap/socceresque about the away one.

Not sure what they're goin for with that "upside down glasses on top of Kanye West's sunglasses" design in the middle.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

what's up with the bunting on the inside?
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Unfortunate that we're not getting better quality gear sooner, the Puma kit offer is just cheap and tacky in quality and looks. Sooner we get a decent brand like Adidas, Nike or CCC doing our gear the better.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I'd be very surprised if the new deal isn't either done or at least very far advanced. There is about a 12 month lead time at this level.
I have Bumbleflex
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Dave Cahill wrote:I'd be very surprised if the new deal isn't either done or at least very far advanced. There is about a 12 month lead time at this level.
Deal might be done but IIRC when news broke that Puma were pulling out of rugby in Europe, there was a contingency plan in place to use Puma for the Autumn internationals if it was required (given the long lead in time as you say).

In saying that, you'd imagine any new supplier would want their gear used for fixtures ASAP, especially when home fixtures vs NZ, Oz and Samoa.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

tate wrote:what's up with the bunting on the inside?
And the sports bra?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Peg Leg wrote:
tate wrote:what's up with the bunting on the inside?
And the sports bra?
Well it might be alright for you but some of us need that extra support :D
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

away one looks like 2 cars driving past each other or an OMG robot
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Will the jersey be called the 2014 jersey, or will it even be used in 2014?
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

I'm not a fan of the provinces' crests on the inside of the jersey. Opinions are already very divided depending which province you come from so a new mindset is needed which ignores the provinces completely. Why not have the counties there while they're at it.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

dropkick wrote:I'm not a fan of the provinces' crests on the inside of the jersey. Opinions are already very divided depending which province you come from so a new mindset is needed which ignores the provinces completely. Why not have the counties there while they're at it.
The provincial flags form part of the IRFU flag, so not entirely unreasonable to feature them in the jersey somewhere.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

I actually quite like these. Shame they won't be around for long
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

As previewed by myself here:

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... 20#p547812

Not too bad. Could do with toning the away one down a touch
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Darce wrote:As previewed by myself here:

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... 20#p547812

Not too bad. Could do with toning the away one down a touch
It's fine I don't think we're playing SA anytime soon so it'll never be used. Might as well be turquoise :wink: