Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Re: Puma End Ireland deal

Post by TerenureJim »

leinster4life13 wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
TheBear wrote:Between this post and this post, I think we can dismiss leinster4life13's jersey design suggestions.
Speak for yourself, I too subscribe to the idea of golden leotards..... I also think we should change the crest from a harp to SBW flicking one out the backdoor whilst riding a rocket. May change the brand name to the "Leinster f%~k Yeah's", with an eye on maybe dropping the Leinster bit altogether in the future.
Completely agree. Instead of a sponsor we should have "Fock off boggers" emblazoned (in the most eye watering day glo we can find) across the front.
I'm sure Leo Cullen, Jamie Heaslip, Gordon D'Arcy, both Kearneys, Sean O'Brien etc would love that one. Tell you what next time you're near Sean O'Brien maybe mention it. I'd say you'd get a free bag of spuds.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

That was a joke, I think I might have to start putting (notsrs) when I'm joking if people cant tell the difference between jokes and serious posts.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

leinster4life13 wrote:That was a joke, I think I might have to start putting (notsrs) when I'm joking if people cant tell the difference between jokes and serious posts.
You could just put it in your signature! :wink:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Saw on boards, BLKSports are going to be doing the Ireland kit in 2014/15.

They are doing Connacht next season.

Note, Kooga is BLKSport. Hence the Rebels kit
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Jesus, BLK??? Slipped down the rankings and now this.....
Why couldn't we approach Kukri? They do a nice job.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Peg Leg wrote:
TheBear wrote:Between this post and this post, I think we can dismiss leinster4life13's jersey design suggestions.
Speak for yourself, I too subscribe to the idea of golden leotards..... I also think we should change the crest from a harp to SBW flicking one out the backdoor whilst riding a rocket. May change the brand name to the "Leinster f%~k Yeah's", with an eye on maybe dropping the Leinster bit altogether in the future.
Just saw this now. Is that some kind of modern young slang for dirty sex things that weren't even invented when I was young and single? Whatever it is I think I'm glad.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
Just saw this now. Is that some kind of modern young slang for dirty sex things that weren't even invented when I was young and single? Whatever it is I think I'm glad.
I'd be interested to hear you expand on what you think it meant,
Show Spoiler:
Sonny Bill Williams - throwing the ball behind him without looking - whilst straddling a jet powered rocket
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Nonononono, nobody should expand on what it could mean! :wink:
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Post by Rogocoko »

jimbobjoe wrote:As i said in the thread in the Leinster section;

Wouldn't mind seeing O'Neills get the deal (nice shirts and an Irish brand). Probably can't compete with the likes of Nike/Adidas/CCC though. Rugbytech can make a nice shirt too every now and then.
Je-ay-sus
Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

We had O'Neill's in college for rugby, they were awful, looked like awful GAA jerseys and they had very few templates/scope for improving the design. They didn't wear, or wash well.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Rogocoko wrote:

Wouldn't mind seeing O'Neills get the deal (nice shirts and an Irish brand). Probably can't compete with the likes of Nike/Adidas/CCC though. Rugbytech can make a nice shirt too every now and then.
Je-ay-sus
Really?
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

jimbobjoe wrote:
Rogocoko wrote:

Je-ay-sus
Really?
I agree....awful
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Apparently BLK had the biggest supply of used Coke bottles, so they won the contract.

Convincing athletes to dress themselves in plastic has to be one of the biggest con jobs of the century.
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

jezzer wrote:Apparently BLK had the biggest supply of used Coke bottles, so they won the contract.

Convincing athletes to dress themselves in plastic has to be one of the biggest con jobs of the century.
Perhaps we'll be lining out in this next season
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Lamb of BOD wrote:
jezzer wrote:Apparently BLK had the biggest supply of used Coke bottles, so they won the contract.

Perhaps we'll be lining out in this next season
Oh, I heard it was this.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

jezzer wrote:Convincing athletes to dress themselves in plastic has to be one of the biggest con jobs of the century.
Maybe but generally the quality of rugby gear is better than that of soccer or GAA stuff and does seem to work well in terms of quick drying/wick away. I do a lot of cycling out and about and would be regular down the gym quite a lot in the week and have found modern rugby gear to be of a better standard than most normal sports stuff which seems to fall to bits on me after a few uses. Maybe it's just me.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

TerenureJim wrote:
jezzer wrote:Convincing athletes to dress themselves in plastic has to be one of the biggest con jobs of the century.
Maybe but generally the quality of rugby gear is better than that of soccer or GAA stuff and does seem to work well in terms of quick drying/wick away. I do a lot of cycling out and about and would be regular down the gym quite a lot in the week and have found modern rugby gear to be of a better standard than most normal sports stuff which seems to fall to bits on me after a few uses. Maybe it's just me.
Is your workout like something from Beyond the Thunderdome? Most of us just go for a run and throw a few weights around.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Amz wrote:We had O'Neill's in college for rugby, they were awful, looked like awful GAA jerseys and they had very few templates/scope for improving the design. They didn't wear, or wash well.
How long ago were you in college? I'm assuming things have improved since O'Neills are the providers for Harlequins, Cork Con and 45 other rugby clubs as well as 50 rugby league sides. Full list here: http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/rug ... union.html

Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

We had O'Neill's from 2005 - 2007. The quality and design was poor then, why would I go back to them, or encourage other teams to do so?

Once bitten ...
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Amz wrote:We had O'Neill's from 2005 - 2007. The quality and design was poor then, why would I go back to them, or encourage other teams to do so?

Once bitten ...
Maybe because that was 8 years ago and surely there is a chance things might have improved? Besides, with due respect, I doubt O'Neills will be pitching to a brand like Ireland with the run of the mill stuff they dole out to GAA clubs and college teams

Quins gear seems nice
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on