Warburton and other ramblings..

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Experimental
Knowledgeable

Warburton and other ramblings..

Post by Experimental »

I was not hugely impressed with Warburton in his opener against the reds and feel that he is a bit over-hyped. Anyone else think that its a possibility that he may not start the tests with Tipuric playing so well. Having seen Gatland pick a wales team with pretty much only Hairspray players before I don't think he'd be afraid to leave him out if hes not cutting the mustard and make Drico / OConnell(who is playing the rugby of his life) captain fro the tests.

On another note when Joe takes over Ireland he is going to have to make some tough choices as regards backroom staff and players. He has sat on the fence beautifully over the last few years in order to get to where he is and has the respect of the country, but I feel he is going to have to get off the fence similar to the Gatland predicament mentioned above if he really wants to put his stamp on this Irish side. I share the concerns about the backroom staff that people have mentioned on recent threads and hope and pray that Joe will take a Gatlandesque approach (and not blindly follow in the nepotismic approach that has been adopted by both our rugby squad and indeed our political system which ruins us so much). Gatland was probably hated in Wales when he picked a team full of Hairsprays, but look at him now, leading the Lions with the respect of all four nations and indeed world rugby, he is in a position that he could coach any side in the world and have a my way or the highway approach. Joe must not be afraid to get off the fence and make some tough choices even if it means some pain in the short term for the greater good for Irish rugby.