Ireland v Italy

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ireland v Italy

Post by Golf Man »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Golf Man wrote: Mong, loon, and the usual false equivalences.....

....and finally on to the game

So how are you not trolling? Your lack of self-awareness is sublime.
How am I not trolling? - i check in on a Sunday morning and the posts that I see on the match thread from the likes of yourself are gloating self congratulatory provincial bullshit from the fuckwits here and on MFs - I call someone on their first response to an Ireland game being provincial bullshit and I'm the one trolling?? Coming from a poster whose first port of call was munsterfans and went to the bother of gathering up their fuckwittery so you and your kin can congratulate yourselves on being "real" supporters and somehow better than them (for your edification? - ffs). Its childish, its pathetic and the 10% here are every bit as bad as the 10% there - they shout a bit louder, but they have more active posters, so you'd expect that.

BTW I don't troll, I'm a stubborn b$&%@#d absolutely but I don't troll - no good at it
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

I was wondering why the few Munster fans post so regularly on here and not on their own site. I now know why having checked it. At least there's a bit of reasoned debate here. If any of the Munster players read some of the cr@p on there they would be embarrassed by their own supporters. They're a minority though as you realise whenever you actually go to a game and speak to the vast majority of sound suporters.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Edna Kenny wrote:I was wondering why the few Munster fans post so regularly on here and not on their own site. I now know why having checked it. At least there's a bit of reasoned debate here. If any of the Munster players read some of the cr@p on there they would be embarrassed by their own supporters. They're a minority though as you realise whenever you actually go to a game and speak to the vast majority of sound suporters.
I'd welcome some of the more reasonable here
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

the spoofer wrote:
Edna Kenny wrote:I was wondering why the few Munster fans post so regularly on here and not on their own site. I now know why having checked it. At least there's a bit of reasoned debate here. If any of the Munster players read some of the cr@p on there they would be embarrassed by their own supporters. They're a minority though as you realise whenever you actually go to a game and speak to the vast majority of sound suporters.
I'd welcome some of the more reasonable here
Speaking as one of the more reasonable from here who was not welcome there I doubt your feelings would be reciprocated.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Hard to add anything original to 25 pages of preview and analysis.

But I wanted to agree with the few who thought Henderson had a very good game. He has great instincts - one of those guys who is in the right place at the right time and seems to know what to do when he's there. Freakishly strong for a guy who looks like he's still carrying puppy-fat.

Toner is our player of the 6N so far. A couple of knock-ons in contact is about all I could think of to fault the guy over 4 games. I thought Heaslip was pretty quiet for the first 50 or 60 mins - considering the ball we had I'd have expected him to have popped up everywhere making big yards.

I thought the pack managed the rucks very well, in terms of numbers and clearing out. We learned from the England game and it paid off. I don't think we were great at hitting the ball at pace off first phase when we did have loose forwards in the line. That's been an issue all 6N - static ball carried up off 1st phase.

Trimble had his best game since the opener I thought, but I still can't wait for Bowe to come back in and give us the lines and the timing of running we are crying out for in the backs.

GIven the only tries we've conceded in the championship so far were two solo linebreaks, we look very watertight. It's a bit of a worry that a fair few of France's tries have come from linebreaks, in terms of how we scramble to cover them. France will be looking at hitting us on the break I'm guessing.

The calls to drop Ross for Moore seem to be growing in the press etc., I have to say I think Ross is having a great 6N and is still ahead of Marty on merit.
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

jezzer wrote:Hard to add anything original to 25 pages of preview and analysis.

But I wanted to agree with the few who thought Henderson had a very good game. He has great instincts - one of those guys who is in the right place at the right time and seems to know what to do when he's there. Freakishly strong for a guy who looks like he's still carrying puppy-fat.

Toner is our player of the 6N so far. A couple of knock-ons in contact is about all I could think of to fault the guy over 4 games. I thought Heaslip was pretty quiet for the first 50 or 60 mins - considering the ball we had I'd have expected him to have popped up everywhere making big yards.

I thought the pack managed the rucks very well, in terms of numbers and clearing out. We learned from the England game and it paid off. I don't think we were great at hitting the ball at pace off first phase when we did have loose forwards in the line. That's been an issue all 6N - static ball carried up off 1st phase.

Trimble had his best game since the opener I thought, but I still can't wait for Bowe to come back in and give us the lines and the timing of running we are crying out for in the backs.

GIven the only tries we've conceded in the championship so far were two solo linebreaks, we look very watertight. It's a bit of a worry that a fair few of France's tries have come from linebreaks, in terms of how we scramble to cover them. France will be looking at hitting us on the break I'm guessing.

The calls to drop Ross for Moore seem to be growing in the press etc., I have to say I think Ross is having a great 6N and is still ahead of Marty on merit.
Wouldn't disagree with much of that - I wouldn't have Toner as our player of the 6N, but he has been very good.

On Bowe => you seem to be suggesting that Bowe would come in for Trimble - its seems to be expected that if he does come back in it will be for Trimble - can't understand why to be honest - Dave Kearney has been fine but Trimble has definitely been better
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

jezzer wrote: The calls to drop Ross for Moore seem to be growing in the press etc., I have to say I think Ross is having a great 6N and is still ahead of Marty on merit.
There's a touch of the - we need to change something for changes sake- about this debate.
Couldn't agree more with your statement, he's been great in this 6N.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

I'd imagine that for the likes of Moore it is easier coming into games as a sub as it gives you the chance to see how the game is developing and you know what is required when you come on. The guy is very inexperienced so he is getting exposure to international rugby in the best way. It's probably how Conor Murray should have been integrated into the team, he was obviously talented but was not the finished article and was occasionally out of his depth in the early days.
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Peg Leg wrote:
jezzer wrote: The calls to drop Ross for Moore seem to be growing in the press etc., I have to say I think Ross is having a great 6N and is still ahead of Marty on merit.
There's a touch of the - we need to change something for changes sake- about this debate.
Couldn't agree more with your statement, he's been great in this 6N.
No way I'd be changing Ross - he has been above expectations in every game, and has really impressed => knowing that he is there to do a job for 50-60 minutes I think helps him
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Golf Man wrote:
jezzer wrote:Hard to add anything original to 25 pages of preview and analysis.

Wouldn't disagree with much of that - I wouldn't have Toner as our player of the 6N, but he has been very good.

On Bowe => you seem to be suggesting that Bowe would come in for Trimble - its seems to be expected that if he does come back in it will be for Trimble - can't understand why to be honest - Dave Kearney has been fine but Trimble has definitely been better
Looks like Bowe isn't coming in for anyone, but if he did I would swap him out with Trimble. Right wing is by far his more natural side. It's also Trimble's more natural side - I don't like Trimble at 11 as much. I'd always like to have two big kicking boots in the back three at a minimum and I'm very impressed with Kearney's defence so far. His falling over for the Sarto try was just a function of him being stepped in space. The howler there was Rob, who was exceptional otherwise.

If we were talking about Zebo rather than Bowe, I'd be very tempted to put Zebo in for DK. But probably not against France - Huget is the guy you want to shut down - if you can corral him you have nullified a huge amount of France's go-forward. I wouldn't change our defensive system by bringing in a new head up against Huget and I think Dave's defence has been a strong point. But I would have picked Zebo over Dave against Italy for example.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

jezzer wrote:Looks like Bowe isn't coming in for anyone, but if he did I would swap him out with Trimble. Right wing is by far his more natural side.
+1
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Logorrhea wrote:
jezzer wrote:Looks like Bowe isn't coming in for anyone, but if he did I would swap him out with Trimble. Right wing is by far his more natural side.
+1
Trimble and Bowe have played together plenty of times without any issues - our defence in general has been pretty god but hard to suggest that Kearneys has been particularly - certainly no better than TRimbles
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Golf Man wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
+1
Trimble and Bowe have played together plenty of times without any issues - our defence in general has been pretty god but hard to suggest that Kearneys has been particularly - certainly no better than TRimbles
True, but you're messing with the system switching guys from one side to the other.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Funnily enough I have always though Trimble looked more effective on the left wing for Ireland.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

jezzer wrote:
Golf Man wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
True, but you're messing with the system switching guys from one side to the other.

It would be good surely if our "system" wasn't quite so rigid that a guy who played umpteen times at left wing could not switch across from the right if required.
Trimble started 30 tests on the wing for Ireland prior to Joe's appointment. He played on the left wing in 23 of those.

Surely flexibility within the system is a must, if not a little bad luck would seriously damage the"system"