Bastereaud

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Bastereaud

Post by JB1973 »

I certainly am not hawk eyed but to me looked healy led with the arm rather than ducked under the tackle. That type of charge is par for the course in rugby league, certainly not a yellow but by the letter of the law is a penalty offence.

As for Bastereaud he is a right handful but his passing skills are terrible for a guy playing at such a high level, imagine playing on the wing with him and tulagi as your centres, you'd never see the ball let alone get a pass
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Peg Leg wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote:You have fair eyesight to be able to determine that, given the wide angle camera view and the fact that the shot is taking from behind Healy.
Was there not a close up slo-mo shot,that might let us of less hawklike visual ability make a more informed judgement.
Nope, you'll have to rely on my hawk-like ablility and discard your hawkish stirring.
I have a thing

When some one makes a fair point

I say

Fair point

I am not criticising Healy. I am just saying to be objective both instances are exactly similar and should be judged so. Just because one player is a rather large sidestepping, impossible to stop ball carrying freak and the other is a French centre, does not mean different laws apply.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Just to be clear I was talking about Bastereaud in my post and not Healy. It was clear to me at the time of posting but reading back I can see why people might have thought I was referring to Healy v McCaw
Four Stars
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Lar wrote:Just to be clear I was talking about Bastereaud in my post and not Healy. It was clear to me at the time of posting but reading back I can see why people might have thought I was referring to Healy v McCaw

Bastereaud showed great sportsmanship and should be applauded for it
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

All Blacks nil wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: Nope, you'll have to rely on my hawk-like ablility and discard your hawkish stirring.
I have a thing

When some one makes a fair point

I say

Fair point

I am not criticising Healy. I am just saying to be objective both instances are exactly similar and should be judged so. Just because one player is a rather large sidestepping, impossible to stop ball carrying freak and the other is a French centre, does not mean different laws apply.
Ok, I know your not criticising Healy.
You do tend to have a habit of introducing a repetitively critical view of Leinster players/brand/style/team etc. to ballast your argument. I was trying to prevent the possibility of this becoming a Blue v [insert topic here], type discussion. Unfortunately you're tenacious, jokes on me- I made it worse!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

JB1973 wrote:
Lar wrote:Just to be clear I was talking about Bastereaud in my post and not Healy. It was clear to me at the time of posting but reading back I can see why people might have thought I was referring to Healy v McCaw

Agree, as said earlier- A classy gesture.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

JB1973 wrote:

I've always felt that sportsmanship like virtue should be its own reward but I take your point.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am