Heaslip in decline since '09?

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Heaslipped
Beginner

Re: Heaslip in decline since '09?

Post by Heaslipped »

jezzer wrote:
Heaslipped wrote:Let me get this right; Heaslip doesn't carry as hard because we have no out and out 7? What's funny is that the majority of posters seem to have settled for this excuse. This might mean that he does extra breakdown work which is laudable. But he is not so busy doing a 7s job that he doesn't carry anymore. He still carries a substantial amount but without the aggression and tenacity that is required to make yards. His lack of dog in contact has nothing to do with us having a 7 or not. That is just an excuse born on a forum to defend his dip in form.

I'll use small words.

Heaslip not big any more. Heaslip small so run fast. Heaslip swap some strong for some more fast move. Leinster have strong. Ireland have strong. Need more fast to make more tackle. Need fast to take ball from bad men.

Heaslip very good now tackle and take ball from bad men. Not so good run through bad men.
Ya, good one. Plenty of backs out there that don't get their pussies handed to them on a plate because they're fast.
Heaslipped
Beginner

Post by Heaslipped »

Dave Cahill wrote:The hilarious thing was that one of Thorneys best pals in the Leinster team is Jamie Heaslip. Healy, Heaslip and Brad used to spend a lot of time just hanging out.

Whats happening is that a munster supporting spasmaloid made an animated gif (the crayons and felt tipped markers of the IT world) of the last huddle during the 2012 HEC final of Jamie talking and Brad leaving the huddle early. So in a huge case of wish fulfillment they decided that it meant that Brad had no time for Jamie, when in fact it was the exact opposite.
Ya, so Justin Marshall just made up the story for sh*ts and giggles? Damn you Marshall... damn you to hell! And the internet is just awash with photos of Jamie, Brad and Healy spinning the decks in their spare time. Haven't seen this GIF of Thorne leaving the Heaslip huddle. Care to post?
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Heaslipped
Beginner

Post by Heaslipped »

goreyguy wrote:Image

Do you reckon he gets paid for wearing Beats, or does he just like sh*t, overpriced, gaudy headphones?
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

jezzer wrote:Heaslip not big any more. Heaslip small so run fast. Heaslip swap some strong for some more fast move. Leinster have strong. Ireland have strong. Need more fast to make more tackle. Need fast to take ball from bad men.

Heaslip very good now tackle and take ball from bad men. Not so good run through bad men.
:lol:
:clap:
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Heaslipped wrote:

Do you reckon he gets paid for wearing Beats, or does he just like sh*t, overpriced, gaudy headphones?
Or both! Now get back on topic. We can discuss that in the "Does Heaslip get paid for wearing Beats, or does he just like sh*t, overpriced, gaudy headphones?"
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Heaslipped
Beginner

Post by Heaslipped »

paddyor wrote:
Heaslipped wrote:

Or both! Now get back on topic. We can discuss that in the "Does Heaslip get paid for wearing Beats, or does he just like sh*t, overpriced, gaudy headphones?"
Haha! Well played Patsy... Heaslip is sh*t!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Heaslipped wrote: Ya, so Justin Marshall just made up the story for sh*ts and giggles? Damn you Marshall... damn you to hell!
Where did Justin Marshall say this please?
I have Bumbleflex
Heaslipped
Beginner

Post by Heaslipped »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Heaslipped wrote: Ya, so Justin Marshall just made up the story for sh*ts and giggles? Damn you Marshall... damn you to hell!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/69 ... confidence
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

RoboProp wrote:My money is on Rookie. Tw@t
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Rookie is actually very funny. I don't get why people WUM online, it's not like just winding up your mates, but rookie can be quite witty with it, I'm a fan!
RoboProp wrote:Well, it's definitely not Munster#1...he's a good egg in fairness. The mystery remains unsolved
Munster#1 is the only lad on here, that I have ever known to use the word "Ya" in place of "yes" (as opposed to ya for you).
In fact back as far as January 2013, he is the only poster to use it in that context.
My money is on M#1, he does like a good wind-up too!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

"The story goes .........."
Is this guy a gift from the mods to keep the forum active?
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Logorrhea wrote:"The story goes .........."
Is this guy a gift from the mods to keep the forum active?
I reckon it could be Tickettout or Sewer Rat.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Heaslipped wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

This story serves little purpose, except maybe support the case that Justin Marshall is a bit of a gossipy fishwife
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Heaslipped wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Thats your proof? An unverified story from an unnamed source by a notoriously unreliable writer?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Heaslipped wrote:There isn't clearer evidence of his lack of power in contact than the GIF below. Maybe he is right to look after his body and not end up crocked like Ferris, BOD, Leamy, and SOB. But it is a sad state of affairs when your 8 gets driven back 10 yards when you are in the try scoring zone. Brad Thorne saw through him within a matter of weeks, as did Gatland, and it's time the rest of the province did too. His abject performances have been glossed over by the quality of the Leinster squad since '09.

So now we know of at least one of the people who cheered as he went off injured that time in Thomond Park.
Heaslipped
Beginner

Post by Heaslipped »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Thats your proof? An unverified story from an unnamed source by a notoriously unreliable writer?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not sure why someone would make up a story like this . If you were going to make up a story it would probably be a bit more exciting. And besides, given the characters involved it sounds incredibly plausible to me. But no, as always with Jamie, there must be an excuse.... there just must. e.g. Heaslip gets driven back 10 yards; that is because we don't have any decent 7s in the country so Jamie had to go and lose all his power so he can run around really really really fast and... and.... and... :oops:
Heaslipped
Beginner

Post by Heaslipped »

nc6000 wrote:
Heaslipped wrote:There isn't clearer evidence of his lack of power in contact than the GIF below. Maybe he is right to look after his body and not end up crocked like Ferris, BOD, Leamy, and SOB. But it is a sad state of affairs when your 8 gets driven back 10 yards when you are in the try scoring zone. Brad Thorne saw through him within a matter of weeks, as did Gatland, and it's time the rest of the province did too. His abject performances have been glossed over by the quality of the Leinster squad since '09.

So now we know of at least one of the people who cheered as he went off injured that time in Thomond Park.
Nah, not my style. You wound me.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

The story goes that Brad Thorn had been there for only two weeks when at training one night the loosie started having too much to say again.
Do Leinster train at night? I thought Schmidt liked to get the training done early and get the lads out of there by the afternoon. Seems like an awful waste of energy....... and money
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Heaslipped wrote:I'm not sure why someone would make up a story like this . If you were going to make up a story it would probably be a bit more exciting.
Thorn apparently withdrew that gnarled head of his from out of a scrum and in that gravelly voice nobody can imitate: "Save the energy for the scrum mate. I can't even feel any weight from you. Less talk, more pushing mate!"

I also can't help but think of the Blues when I tell that story. They don't necessarily need Thorn next year (although they could do worse in the market), but they certainly need some Brad Thorn attitude and his type of player.
To be fair to the journalist he does try and make it dramatic. Amazing that he knows how Thorn sounded when he said.

There's also this part here
For me, the greater interest from the European Cup final lies in the Kiwi influence.
a few lines above. From there on out the article is about Kiwis(Schmidt, Thorn, the blues job, how a Kiwi lock is better than an Irish Loosie). Reminds me of an article Conor George did on a Leinster HEC game where he basically discussed a Munster Hurling Championship game through the entire article. Journalist do sh*t like this alll the time.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

paddyor wrote:
Heaslipped wrote:I'm not sure why someone would make up a story like this . If you were going to make up a story it would probably be a bit more exciting.
Thorn apparently withdrew that gnarled head of his from out of a scrum and in that gravelly voice nobody can imitate: "Save the energy for the scrum mate. I can't even feel any weight from you. Less talk, more pushing mate!"

I also can't help but think of the Blues when I tell that story. They don't necessarily need Thorn next year (although they could do worse in the market), but they certainly need some Brad Thorn attitude and his type of player.
To be fair to the journalist he does try and make it dramatic. Amazing that he knows how Thorn sounded when he said.

There's also this part here
For me, the greater interest from the European Cup final lies in the Kiwi influence.
a few lines above. From there on out the article is about Kiwis(Schmidt, Thorn, the blues job, how a Kiwi lock is better than an Irish Loosie). Reminds me of an article Conor George did on a Leinster HEC game where he basically discussed a Munster Hurling Championship game through the entire article. Journalist do sh*t like this alll the time.
Ah Paddy, come on... you're being very liberal with the use of the word 'Journalist' there...