Heaslip in decline since '09?

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Heaslip in decline since '09?

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:
Fireworks wrote:I know we are in full silly season mode but how does a topic like this get 7 pages of posts. It shows a lack of understanding of the game of rugby, how a team is constructed and the value of different types of players in the same position. I go on holidays for two weeks and come back to this. Depressing.
This post shows a lack of understanding of how silly season & trolls work. It's all well and good being off on holidays but some of us are supposed to be working and would rather not work to hard.
some of us only work part time hours and have little better to be doing
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Fireworks wrote:I know we are in full silly season mode but how does a topic like this get 7 pages of posts. It shows a lack of understanding of the game of rugby, how a team is constructed and the value of different types of players in the same position. I go on holidays for two weeks and come back to this. Depressing.
This post shows a lack of understanding of how silly season & trolls work. It's all well and good being off on holidays but some of us are supposed to be working and would rather not work to hard.
I can relate with that. One thing however that has me baffled still.
Heaslip has been in decline (Allegedly) for five years now.
I'm wondering have we badly underestimated just how good a player (while in decline) he has been considering he's still rated the best no 8 in Ireland and is still rated as one of the best on the world stage also.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Getting your haircut does not count as work SOK!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschool wrote: I can relate with that. One thing however that has me baffled still.
I'm wondering have we badly underestimated just how good a player (while in decline) he has been considering he's still rated the best no 8 in Ireland and is still rated as one of the best on the world stage also.
The gifs OS, have you not seen the gifs?
The best in the world would not have gifs!
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

as someone who is technically a model getting my haircut does count as work, and how did you know I got my hair cut???

to borrow a phrase from Hugonaut Heaslip is a good idiot test
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:as someone who is technically a model getting my haircut does count as work, and how did you know I got my hair cut???

Can't resist.....

That is technically a car :D
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:
Oldschool wrote: I can relate with that. One thing however that has me baffled still.
The gifs OS, have you not seen the gifs?
The best in the world would not have gifs!
There are no gifs of me or I dare say you.
Speaking for myself I'm certainly not the best so I think your logic is flawed.
I might also add I've been in decline for a lot longer than five years
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Same here. Two weeks away from the TV, Internet and the Mobile in OFF mode. Come on here for a browse to see this sort of shite. School's must be on their summer break's.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Hornet wrote:
Same here. Two weeks away from the TV, Internet and the Mobile in OFF mode. Come on here for a browse to see this sort of shite. School's must be on their summer break's.
It's the thread of the summer. Think of all the other things you could learn here(we now know Oldschool is in decline)..
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

And yet people continue to post on it, oops.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:as someone who is technically a model getting my haircut does count as work, and how did you know I got my hair cut???

Can't resist.....

That is technically a car :D
cant resist is generally peoples reaction to my modelling :wink:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

paddyor wrote:
Hornet wrote:
It's the thread of the summer. Think of all the other things you could learn here(we now know Oldschool is in decline)..
Mocking is catching. :twisted:
Heaslipped
Beginner

Post by Heaslipped »

His whinge after the Munster match was pretty pathetic. Up there with MOC's diatribe about the ref. At this rate with a captain and coach who flatter to deceive, Leinster look likely to be battling for European qualification come May.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Heaslipped wrote:His whinge after the Munster match was pretty pathetic. Up there with MOC's diatribe about the ref. At this rate with a captain and coach who flatter to deceive, Leinster look likely to be battling for European qualification come May.
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/e ... -1.1953941

What whinge exactly? That he was gutted to lose. What exactly is wrong with that? If Paul O'Connell said the exact same thing, the same idiots who are hammering Heaslip would be using it as a shining example of Paulie's "passion".

Now that's pathetic.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I do enjoy how everyone seems to have forgotten the reaction of the entire Munster camp to last years loss in Lansdowne Rd: it was the ref's fault.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Zombie thread....cool!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Heaslipped
Beginner

Post by Heaslipped »

Donny B. wrote:
Heaslipped wrote:His whinge after the Munster match was pretty pathetic. Up there with MOC's diatribe about the ref. At this rate with a captain and coach who flatter to deceive, Leinster look likely to be battling for European qualification come May.
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/e ... -1.1953941

What whinge exactly? That he was gutted to lose. What exactly is wrong with that? If Paul O'Connell said the exact same thing, the same idiots who are hammering Heaslip would be using it as a shining example of Paulie's "passion".

Now that's pathetic.

I found this quite whingey to be honest:

“Munster didn’t do anything extravagant whatsoever. Their first two tries were pick and gos, you see that in the AIL. I’m not taking away from them, but that’s all they did. It wasn’t an extravagant move, it wasn’t something really clever."

He sounds like a child, not like a captain.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Heaslipped wrote:

“Munster didn’t do anything extravagant whatsoever. Their first two tries were pick and gos, you see that in the AIL. I’m not taking away from them, but that’s all they did. It wasn’t an extravagant move, it wasn’t something really clever."

Your numerous posts illustrating your obvious and unrequited man love for Heaslip are far better example of whinges.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Heaslipped wrote:

Is he lying? Munster didn't do anything extravagant, it's was as simple as gameplan as you'd see in the modern game. In the last few years Leinster have stopped this thing at the source and Munster had nowhere else to go. This time Leinster were so passive in the breakdown and so weak in their fringe defence, that it worked for Munster but you're dreaming if you think this type of Kidney-ball will win you any silverware.

Again though you'll look for any stick to beat him with such is your obsession with him.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

fourthirtythree wrote:I do enjoy how everyone seems to have forgotten the reaction of the entire Munster camp to last years loss in Lansdowne Rd: it was the ref's fault.
Yes and they were correct, he was quite simply ridicilous on the day, his best ever game for Leinster by some distance
Ignoring Dan the Zulu for months now