Does Heaslip get paid for wearing Beats, or does he just lik

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Does Heaslip get paid for wearing Beats, or does he just like sh*t, overpriced, gaudy headphones?

He's stackin' bills yo!
79%
Bad taste
11%
Both
11%

Total votes: 19

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

So which is it?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Heaslipped
Beginner

Re: Does Heaslip get paid for wearing Beats, or does he just

Post by Heaslipped »

Based on this link I hope for his sake it's both. Or else he spent a lot of money trying to buy a few mates in the Irish camp.
http://www.thescore.ie/why-paulie-doesn ... 6-Feb2013/
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Heaslipped wrote:Based on this link I hope for his sake it's both. Or else he spent a lot of money trying to buy a few mates in the Irish camp.
http://www.thescore.ie/why-paulie-doesn ... 6-Feb2013/
Well if he owns any shares in Beat, he's made himself a tidy profit!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
colster
Knowledgeable

Post by colster »

paddyor wrote:So which is it?
So what if he does. There have been far naffer endorsements in Irish Rugby. http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/8254.php#.U5rNFtS6-OA
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

And how can we ever forget...

I have Bumbleflex
Heaslipped
Beginner

Post by Heaslipped »

My favourite was the Denis Hickie Wavin ad. Always thought he was a bit of a hero, but surely a wavin ad should have been reserved for Denis Leamy or someone like that.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

colster wrote:
So what if he does. There have been far naffer endorsements in Irish Rugby. http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/8254.php#.U5rNFtS6-OA
Oh I don't care, I'm just bored!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:
colster wrote:
Oh I don't care, I'm just bored!
Axel's burger van
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Well he definitely got the World Cup blag as promotional material.

I may have criticised Beats on here a few years ago but I believe they no longer have Monster as their manufacturer and that the cans are now decent, albeit you can buy ones just as good for half the price.

When i did an a/b on them they were not good at all back in the day though
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

In general a lot of the Leinster squad get a mountain of freebies in exchange for social meeja plugs
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

fourthirtythree wrote:Well he definitely got the World Cup blag as promotional material.

I may have criticised Beats on here a few years ago but I believe they no longer have Monster as their manufacturer and that the cans are now decent, albeit you can buy ones just as good for half the price.

Beats got a lot of bad press when they came out, usually from middle-aged white reviewers who use the likes of Pink Floyd as reference tracks (guys, nothing will ever make a Pink Floyd tune sound good, nothing). I find them excellent, especially the amps in the cans themselves.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

simonokeeffe wrote:In general a lot of the Leinster squad get a mountain of freebies in exchange for social meeja plugs
And quite frankly that should be clamped down on. No other form of media allows the promotion of products without indicating that it is a paid for promotion
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Movies? GM is and it's products are all over the transformers movies. There might be something in the small print at the end of the film but I can't remember it being announced at the beginning of the film.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

paddyor wrote:Movies? GM is and it's products are all over the transformers movies. There might be something in the small print at the end of the film but I can't remember it being announced at the beginning of the film.
It'll be in the credits. In Movies and Television product placement works in two ways. The first is where the company, say GM, pay to have their products used exclusively in their sector in the movie. The other is the way Apple works, where they won't pay for product placement, but if you want to use their products they'll supply them for free in whatever quantities needed. Programmes with paid for Product Placement will have a PP logo on screen at the beginning of the show (next time Corrie is on, take a look, its even there).

Ironically, the one TV episode where you'd think there was PP, the episode of Modern Family all about Phil getting an iPad, had no product placement whatsover
I have Bumbleflex
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Dave Cahill wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Well he definitely got the World Cup blag as promotional material.

Beats got a lot of bad press when they came out, usually from middle-aged white reviewers who use the likes of Pink Floyd as reference tracks (guys, nothing will ever make a Pink Floyd tune sound good, nothing). I find them excellent, especially the amps in the cans themselves.
Meh. They were just outrageously expensive for some pretty average cans. If you will allow cans that very much colour the sound to be average. I don't believe I had any pink Floyd available to listen to but I do have a fondness for their post Syd, pre dark side of the moon period. Stuff like More and the like.

As I said I have heard they are okay now. I can't imagine that they still aren't massively overpriced. Because they were genuinely funny when I had a test.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:In general a lot of the Leinster squad get a mountain of freebies in exchange for social meeja plugs
And quite frankly that should be clamped down on. No other form of media allows the promotion of products without indicating that it is a paid for promotion
it only adds to most players being boring as flip to follow :)
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Meh. They were just outrageously expensive for some pretty average cans. If you will allow cans that very much colour the sound to be average. I don't believe I had any pink Floyd available to listen to but I do have a fondness for their post Syd, pre dark side of the moon period. Stuff like More and the like.

As I said I have heard they are okay now. I can't imagine that they still aren't massively overpriced. Because they were genuinely funny when I had a test.
I have three pairs of Beats, regular, studio & Pro, the first pair I bought in New York were $148, and when I told the assistant in Staples how much they were in Ireland the whole shop erupted in laughter.

I recently bought the Beats Pro and I have to say they are a serious set of cans. I play drums in a few bands and I can put them through my electronics and still hear my acoustics.

Anyway, the whole Beats thing is a fad, I remember LeBron James buying shares in Liverpool FC and he gave each player a set of customised Beats, which I haven't seen any player wear pre/post match.

As for Jamie wasn't George 'Moneyyyy' Hook giving out about him being out on the pitch pre match with his headphones on, he wasn't too complimentary of poor ould Jamie. He seems to be getting an awful battering from Heaslipped & Hook.
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

Looks like Jamie got the short end of the deal..
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

More of a Bose fan myself, great in ear equipment for runs/gym