Devin Toner

Re: WRWC France 2014

Post by Donny B. »

Fantastic!!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Closed the game out brilliantly. Niamh Briggs is some kicker!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

First time any Ireland rugby team has beaten New Zealand?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Heather O'Brien was immense as was Sophie Spence. Jenny Murphy put in some massive hits and Tania Rosser showed all her experience. All heroes though.

Pretty much guaranteed to be in the semi's now too.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Randomly watched it in Slatts. Delighted I did! Monunental achievement. Well done! Heroic stuff.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The victory was brilliant but the performances across the team were awesome. This is some group of women. Grand Slam in 2013 and now Semi-final of RWC and defeat of The BAB! This women fear nobody and use their skills to the Irish level on the biggest stage. Now for five points and a bag of tries against the Kasacs, so that we are second best qualifiers. This tournament is now winnable.

Small sore point was Ms Foley on Sky going on about "we in Munster always believe we can win......" and that's with 39 Irish caps! This was victory for the women of Ireland, not just the women of Munster - even if she swam the English channel.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Brilliant result. Super second try. Good luck in the next match ladies, hopefully you'll go all the way now.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Donny B. wrote:First time any Ireland rugby team has beaten New Zealand?
Appears so, Alone it stands will have to come up with a new title if they want to tour again!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Just a fantastic performance from them. Immensely proud. Have to finish the job against Kazakhstan now and ensure that SF spot. After that, anything is possible.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Absolutely fantastic - delighted for them and richly deserved!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Ruckedtobits wrote: Small sore point was Ms Foley on Sky going on about "we in Munster always believe we can win......" and that's with 39 Irish caps! This was victory for the women of Ireland, not just the women of Munster - even if she swam the English channel.
Amazingly, Coughlan only began playing rugby when she was a student in the University of Limerick. Coming from a rugby-mad family, the prop admitted that she was hooked on it after her very first game.

“My family would have been always rugby supporters and my Dad and brother played.” she explained. “While I was a sports mad teenager, there was no opportunity to play rugby until I went to college in University of Limerick. Once I played my first game I was hooked.

“Things rapidly progressed from that point, under the tutelage of Ian Costello (Munster Men’s skills coach) I advanced through the system, playing for Leinster and then getting my first cap v Spain in 2003.”
Lynne Cantwell similarly. Alison Miller (from Laois) started playing when she went to the WIT in Waterford. She was rejected by Leinster so she went to Connacht. Jenny Murphy started playing when she went to college in England. Sophie Baxter grew up in England.

The women rugby pioneers (like Rosie Foley, Fiona Stead, Lynne Cantwell, Fiona Coughlan) all started playing rugby when they went to UL, so it would be fair to say they must have been influenced by playing their rugby in Munster.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

And galloping over the horizon, like the pus filled bubo on the arse of a scrofulant whore - comes the munster fan to ruin it for everyone.
I have Bumbleflex
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Dave Cahill wrote:And galloping over the horizon, like the pus filled bubo on the arse of a scrofulant whore - comes the munster fan to ruin it for everyone.
Why should it ruin it for anyone Dave - time to get over your petty jealousy and give credit, even if it is the amateur clubs in Munster, for bringing together a core group of Irish women who have achieved something great.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

A blight, a blight on the game
I have Bumbleflex
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Dave Cahill wrote:A blight, a blight on the game
Apparently Munsterfans have just woken up to the fact that seven Leinster players started and only three Munster and a fatwa has been declared on Philip Doyle for his obvious bias.

Denis Leamy is also said to be disgusted. ;-)
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Donny B. wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:A blight, a blight on the game
Apparently Munsterfans have just woken up to the fact that seven Leinster players started and only three Munster and a fatwa has been declared on Philip Doyle for his obvious bias.

Denis Leamy is also said to be disgusted. ;-)
Luckily though, the crowd were seated on time for kick off....
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Well done to the Ladies, great result. Was listening to updates on the way home. Last I heard NZ had pulled 11-7 clear early in the second half and tbh thought NZ would pull away. Great stuff!

janeymac08 wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote: Small sore point was Ms Foley on Sky going on about "we in Munster always believe we can win......" and that's with 39 Irish caps! This was victory for the women of Ireland, not just the women of Munster - even if she swam the English channel.
Amazingly, Coughlan only began playing rugby when she was a student in the University of Limerick. Coming from a rugby-mad family, the prop admitted that she was hooked on it after her very first game.

“My family would have been always rugby supporters and my Dad and brother played.” she explained. “While I was a sports mad teenager, there was no opportunity to play rugby until I went to college in University of Limerick. Once I played my first game I was hooked.

“Things rapidly progressed from that point, under the tutelage of Ian Costello (Munster Men’s skills coach) I advanced through the system, playing for Leinster and then getting my first cap v Spain in 2003.”
Lynne Cantwell similarly. Alison Miller (from Laois) started playing when she went to the WIT in Waterford. She was rejected by Leinster so she went to Connacht. Jenny Murphy started playing when she went to college in England. Sophie Baxter grew up in England.

The women rugby pioneers (like Rosie Foley, Fiona Stead, Lynne Cantwell, Fiona Coughlan) all started playing rugby when they went to UL, so it would be fair to say they must have been influenced by playing their rugby in Munster.
Clearly the point was leave the provincial sh*t at home in MUNSTER.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MarkyDeSad
Knowledgeable

Post by MarkyDeSad »

Just brilliant!
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

paddyor wrote:Well done to the Ladies, great result. Was listening to updates on the way home. Last I heard NZ had pulled 11-7 clear early in the second half and tbh thought NZ would pull away. Great stuff!

janeymac08 wrote:

Clearly the point was leave the provincial sh*t at home in MUNSTER.
Clearly my point is give credit where it is due. (And shame those who seemed to have put nothing but obstacles in their way). The IRFU took their time in getting behind them.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

janeymac08 wrote:
Clearly my point is give credit where it is due. (And shame those who seemed to have put nothing but obstacles in their way). The IRFU took their time in getting behind them.
Those dastardly D4 types no doubt!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan