The Rugby Championship

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: The Rugby Championship

Post by simonokeeffe »

JB1973 wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:isnt/wasnt every Australian winger injured or overseas? but AAC couldve played on the wing with say Kuidrani at 13. Beale at 10 is puzzling for sure
Might be time to bite the bullet and select some of the non aussie based players?

At the very least they should pick the "honey badger" just for his post match interviews
Or Digby Ioane so they have someone half decent at least :D
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Well he can't pick McCabe on the wing or indeed anywhere anymore.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 99,00.html
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Awful news but thank god he seems to be alright. A very brave man to have already come back twice from broken necks, can't say I'd have had the bottle for that. His game was developing nicely too. Wish him all the best.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Awful news but thank god he seems to be alright. A very brave man to have already come back twice from broken necks, can't say I'd have had the bottle for that. His game was developing nicely too. Wish him all the best.
Apparently Larkham jumped the gun there saying McCabe has retired.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/a ... e-brumbies

Edit : Maybe not afterall.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

To play Saffers

Australia: 15 Israel Folau, 14 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Matt Toomua, 11 Rob Horne, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Nick Phipps, 8 Wycliff Palu, 7 Michael Hooper (c), 6 Scott Fardy, 5 Rob Simmons, 4 Sam Carter, 3 Sekope Kepu, 2 James Hanson, 1 James Slipper.
Replacements: 16 Saia Fainga'a, 17 Pek Cowan, 18 Ben Alexander, 19 James Horwill, 20 Scott Higginbotham, 21 Matt Hodgson, 22 Nic White, 23 Kurtley Beale.
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

Have been away so haven't seen any games before this morning, but the AB's using a 2 man line out with the 'scrum half' coming in to lift is a nice innovation.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

future international wrote:Have been away so haven't seen any games before this morning, but the AB's using a 2 man line out with the 'scrum half' coming in to lift is a nice innovation.
Didn't see that, brilliant idea.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

Great finish to the Wallabies v Springboks match. Lovely try by the Wallabies in the last few mins by Horne, but have to say Steyn blew it for South Africa with some poor kicking in the last ten and the referee made a shocking decision in giving Habana a yellow. Congratulations to Habana on reaching 100 caps.

Great match next week though for the Saffers to rectify things. One of my favourite matches the rugby calendar.
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

Peg Leg wrote:
future international wrote:Have been away so haven't seen any games before this morning, but the AB's using a 2 man line out with the 'scrum half' coming in to lift is a nice innovation.
Happened in the first 10mins when they had a lineout on their own 5m.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

future international wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
Happened in the first 10mins when they had a lineout on their own 5m.
Didn't work quite so well for Glasgow yesterday!
I have Bumbleflex
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

They are scarily good at coming up with new plays, throw in the fact they do the basics so well and that's why they still remain the side to beat
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

JB1973 wrote:

They are scarily good at coming up with new plays, throw in the fact they do the basics so well and that's why they still remain the side to beat
I think a big part of it is that their recent record is so good that they have the freedom to try new things. I'm sure there are plenty of coaches who come up with great plays but when push comes to shove their teams revert to type. It's almost too easy for NZ, like they need to try things to keep it interesting because they know they're going to win anyway.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
JB1973 wrote:

I think a big part of it is that their recent record is so good that they have the freedom to try new things. I'm sure there are plenty of coaches who come up with great plays but when push comes to shove their teams revert to type. It's almost too easy for NZ, like they need to try things to keep it interesting because they know they're going to win anyway.
Bang on LRIP, just like Dublin gaa.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
ichabodscrane
Graduate

The Rugby Championship

Post by ichabodscrane »

Looking forward to a great game tomorrow, arguably the game of the Southern Hemisphere calendar. The South African team is a bit odd with Pollard starting at 10, Matfield at lock from the start instead of the impressive De Luger. More perplexing is the fact that Bismarck DuPlessis is on the bench, thought he would have had a point to prove given his red card for THAT tackle (legit) on Carter.

As for New Zealand, much of the same except for Thrush in for Whitelock, and Messam out injured. I would like to see a Saffers win but I can't see it with the 15 Meyer has picked, either way it should be a great match.

On another totally different note, I came across this today. He has just signed for the Reds for next season, looks like a raging Pamplona bull.
Meet the ‘Tongan Thor’, a 21 stone speedster prop who just signed with the Reds
http://jrnl.ie/1669109.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

ichabodscrane wrote:Looking forward to a great game tomorrow, arguably the game of the Southern Hemisphere calendar. The South African team is a bit odd with Pollard starting at 10, Matfield at lock from the start instead of the impressive De Luger. More perplexing is the fact that Bismarck DuPlessis is on the bench, thought he would have had a point to prove given his red card for THAT tackle (legit) on Carter.

As for New Zealand, much of the same except for Thrush in for Whitelock, and Messam out injured. I would like to see a Saffers win but I can't see it with the 15 Meyer has picked, either way it should be a great match.

On another totally different note, I came across this today. He has just signed for the Reds for next season, looks like a raging Pamplona bull.
Meet the ‘Tongan Thor’, a 21 stone speedster prop who just signed with the Reds
http://jrnl.ie/1669109.
I think you mean de Jager there.
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

Out of ALL that you pick out one mistake I made :)
ichabodscrane
Graduate

The Rugby Championship

Post by ichabodscrane »

I knew I had made it but was too lazy to edit it but thanks Morf for upsetting me this morning ha ha. ;)
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

SPOILER ALERT:

17min: Great try by Hendrik, good play by young Pollard. The young out half is having a mixed bag, but that kick into touch was nice.
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

If anybody wants to have a glimpse at why Madigan could be great at 12 then have a look at the kicking of Ma'Nonu today, lovely! Really puts Willie le Roux and co on the back foot.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

ichabodscrane wrote:I knew I had made it but was too lazy to edit it but thanks Morf for upsetting me this morning ha ha. ;)
My sincere apologies.