Ireland Under-20 2014-2015

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Ireland Under-20 2014-2015

Post by cormac »

Finished 22-12. Tries from Gaffney and Rock.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

The only game I saw in full was the one against Argentina but it looks to me like there is one great prospect, a few good pros and then the rest are average. It also looks like we are been beaten on size by many teams. I can understand this from a genetic point of view with some of the SH teams and from a huge player pool in England but am a bit confused when it includes Wales.

This is a great competition for seeing where guys stand against their peers internationally. However I think our guys develop a bit later so I would not be too hard on them.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

From reading the match report, it seems that the Ireland team had a huge amount of knock-ons and handling errors - which has been a problem throughout the tournament.
Dont Panic!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Fireworks wrote:The only game I saw in full was the one against Argentina but it looks to me like there is one great prospect, a few good pros and then the rest are average. It also looks like we are been beaten on size by many teams. I can understand this from a genetic point of view with some of the SH teams and from a huge player pool in England but am a bit confused when it includes Wales.

This is a great competition for seeing where guys stand against their peers internationally. However I think our guys develop a bit later so I would not be too hard on them.
Welsh player start in pro academies much younger, 16/17 as opposed to 19/20 here iirc
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

We beat Scotland 17-9 to finish 7th. Two tries from Fitzgerald, one conv from Carberry and a pen and conv from Ringrose.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish