Post by kingtiger »

ID for today's broadcast

240d4d9f74fd0c2908a43405eb1fbb03dd6329e7
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Autumn Int. other countries

Post by paddyor »

Anyone see the English game? Farrell any good at 12
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

paddyor wrote:Anyone see the English game? Farrell any good at 12
Yes, no.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

I only caught the last 10 minutes and as he had been subbed by then I am guessing no.

Mind you, I do feel bad for him (and all the various England players in various sports who have gone through the same before him) because the media built him up into something he clearly wasn't when he first came on the international scene, and now they have decided it is time to tear him down because George Ford is the new anointed one. At least until Ford's form hits the skids/he gets steamrollered by Henshaw in the 6N/his woejous place kicking costs England a big match and then it'll be time to go after him and pick the next new great white hope to promote.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Looks like the France win over Australia last week was a blip because they were back to being rubbish tonight against Argentina.
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Peg Leg wrote:
Yes, no.
In fairness, he was no worse than most of them. Australia should win by at least one score next week. I am putting money on England going out in the group stages next year. Taking account of what's available to them in terms of playing resources, they are every bit as bad as we were under Kidney, and I don't say that lightly. Shocking.
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Welsh team went for their annual broken clock performance yesterday
Defence was amazing but no bench killed them in the end despite NZ especially SBW contriving to drop as many balls as they possibly could
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

simonokeeffe wrote:Welsh team went for their annual broken clock performance yesterday
Defence was amazing but no bench killed them in the end despite NZ especially SBW contriving to drop as many balls as they possibly could
If they played the same tight game (for 80 minutes) against the Wallabies they would beat them. I can't understand what gets into them when faced with gold jerseys, they feel compelled to fling the ball about and play at a million miles an hour. A real shame for them.
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

berniemac67 wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Welsh team went for their annual broken clock performance yesterday
If they played the same tight game (for 80 minutes) against the Wallabies they would beat them. I can't understand what gets into them when faced with gold jerseys, they feel compelled to fling the ball about and play at a million miles an hour. A real shame for them.
I think we felt, or at least Zebo felt compelled to fling the ball around in the first half yesterday. Wales have only one way of playing and I think it takes a LOT to sustain that style for 80mins.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ichabodscrane wrote:
berniemac67 wrote:
I think we felt, or at least Zebo felt compelled to fling the ball around in the first half yesterday. Wales have only one way of playing and I think it takes a LOT to sustain that style for 80mins.
it also takes a bench
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

simonokeeffe wrote:
ichabodscrane wrote:
berniemac67 wrote:
it also takes a bench
A bench is particularly necessary if you play the Aussie way for 80 mins. We only needed half a bench.

My point is that if Wales had played defensively/conservatively against the Aussies like they did against NZ yesterday they would have been better placed to win. They just didn't play smart in that match.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ford is starting at 10 again this weekend
Lancaster implying 12x3 to play outside him
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

FYI,
Georgia 35 Japan 24 on Sunday in Tblisi. 5 Tries to three Tries.
Japan (under Eddie Jones) had risen to No 10 in World Rankings prior to Sunday when Georgia beat them. The clear suggestion is that game time against good (i.e. Tier 1) opposition can rapidly improve teams in Tier 2. Georgia played with the following team (same as against Ireland except where noted):

15 Kvirikashvili
14 Mchedlidze
13 (C) Kacharava
12 Sharikadze
11 Todua
10 Khmaladze
9 Khutsishvili - (Sub v Ireland)
1 Nariashvili
2 Mamukashvili
3 Kubriashvili
4 Nemsadze (Sub v Ireland)
5 Datunashvili
6 Tkhilaishvili
7 Kolelishvili
8 Lomidze (Sub v Ireland)
Subs
16 Maisuradze
17 Zhvania
18 Chilachava
19 Mikautadze (Selected v Ireland)
20 Chkhaidze (selected v Ireland)
21 Begadze (Selected v Ireland)
22 Tsiklauri
23 Aptsiauri

WORLD Rankings - Monday 24th November 2014
Teams Points
1 NZL 93.7
2 RSA 89.93
3 IRE 85.48
4 ENG 84.21
5 AUS 83.59
6 WAL 79.94
7 FRA 79.66
8 SCO 78.78
9 ARG 78.23
10 SAM 75.39
11 JPN 74.7
12 FJI 74.57
13 TGA 74.12
14 ITA 71.19
15 GEO 70.76
16 USA 67.61
17 ROM 67.38
18 CAN 66.83
19 RUS 64.12
20 URU 63.58

So fairly significant gaps opens up from No 8 (Argentina) to No 9 (Samoa) and from No 15 (Georgia) to No 16 (USA). Both Romania and Canada will feel that they should be up among Japan, Fiji, Tonga and Georgia. Italy have slipped a long-way from their 2013 standards.

Of the traditional "Top Tier" Nations, Ireland and Scotland will be happiest with Autumn progress.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

have France ever been as low as 7 before? heaven help them if they hadnt beaten Australia
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

simonokeeffe wrote:have France ever been as low as 7 before? heaven help them if they hadnt beaten Australia
They dropped to 8th (on 78.71 points) in February 2009 when Mr. D'Arcy made his miraculous comeback to score against them in our 30-21 victory.

They also dropped to 8th (on 79.72 points) for a single week during the 2011 RWC when they were beaten 19-14 by Tonga
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:have France ever been as low as 7 before? heaven help them if they hadnt beaten Australia
They dropped to 8th (on 78.71 points) in February 2009 when Mr. D'Arcy made his miraculous comeback to score against them in our 30-21 victory.

They also dropped to 8th (on 79.72 points) for a single week during the 2011 RWC when they were beaten 19-14 by Tonga
nice one

wouldnt fancy getting them as a 3rd seed in a RWC
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Xanthippe wrote:

Amazing game. Maka the former Toulouse BR was captain that day, wasn't he?

A nephew playing with them now too I think.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

What are people's thoughts on the mini-controversy surrounding Sonja McLauchlan's questioning of Gatland's record?

He loses sh*tloads of friendlies [one win against SANZAR teams in 27 attempts, or whatever it is], but does well in competitions [three Six Nations championships, semi-final of a World Cup]. Is it a big deal?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I'd rather we lost to sa and aus in November and beat them in the rwc
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Or maybe not, they are still test matches. Should they be considered as "friendly"
Daniel Sullivan