Autumn Int. other countries

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Autumn Int. other countries

Post by blockhead »

NZ win by 8pts. Their 2nds don't look too hot. Lots and lots of knock-ons and other errors by the All Blacks.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Thought NZ were terrible at half back. The back up hooker had a nightmare too.

Their handling and breakdown work were unusually poor.

Scotland didn't even play particularly well, they definitely could have won.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

hugonaut wrote:You have to wonder what Mike Catt is actually doing in camp! I thought that he could be a really positive influence on England as a backs' coach, but they are absolutely moribund behind the pack.
Well whatever it is he has a contract until 2020 to keep on doing it.

Wonder if the RFU are starting to doubt the wisdom of the 6 year contract extensions yet?
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Not a bad match here with France and the Aussies
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Who is this Teddy Thomas lad!? Shocking defense, brilliant attack.
Great game so far.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Thought NZ were terrible at half back. The back up hooker had a nightmare too.

Their handling and breakdown work were unusually poor.

Scotland didn't even play particularly well, they definitely could have won.
Msybe hopefully Dan and Richie are in decline.
Perhaps heaslipped might be able to run a new thread for us. He seems to be good at that sort of thing.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

John23 wrote:Not a bad match here with France and the Aussies
France's lack of 80 min fitness will decide this. They needed to keep that 17-6 lead to ht.
They were starting to flsg a bit after 30 mins in firdt half.
Aussies willsoak up the pressure defensively and finish it off in the last 15 mins.
HT 17-16 btw.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Oldschool wrote:
John23 wrote:Not a bad match here with France and the Aussies
France's lack of 80 min fitness will decide this. They needed to keep that 17-6 lead to ht.
They were starting to flsg a bit after 30 mins in firdt half.
Aussies willsoak up the pressure defensively and finish it off in the last 15 mins.
HT 17-16 btw.
Real ding dong test match. Close on the prediction OS
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

hugonaut wrote:
paddyor wrote:England 28-31 SA.

Another late try(unconverted) masks the margin of victory. Farrell was poor, went off injured. You have to wonder what they were doing rushing him back.
You have to wonder what Mike Catt is actually doing in camp! I thought that he could be a really positive influence on England as a backs' coach, but they are absolutely moribund behind the pack. Their tactics are unimaginative, their execution is sub-par, and their selection doesn't make a huge heap of sense.

The more often I see England play, the more I think Sam Burgess has a chance of making their World Cup team. The time is rapidly passing for them to put together a fully functioning backline of the sort they fielded from 2000-2004 [when they scored 20 tries in 6N '00, 29 tries in 6N '01, 23 tries in 6N '02 and 18 in 6N '03] – in fact, I reckon the time has probably passed for them.

There's a pretty reasonable chance that they decide on a very simple, uncomplicated gameplan with a centre combination of two from Burgess/Burrell/Tuilagi to get them over the gainline with regularity and give their pack front foot ball. Pick two fullbacks in their back three to give them more kicking options and a bit more football [probably Foden on the wing and Brown at fullback] and you've got a pretty pragmatic selection which plays to both their actual and their traditional strengths and doesn't demand anything that their players aren't comfortable doing.
Most of the forwards and their midfield dont seem comfortable passing the ball

They seem wedded to Farrell and desperate for Tuilagi to come back; Joseph worth a shot at 13 outside Tuilagi? But again need Ford at 10 to make anything happen
Theyll still make a lot of other teams score less than them either way mind

No clear counterattacking strategy either and the overreliance on Vuniploa is almost comical

Special mention for Hartley who by my estimation if banned as a result of today goes over 1 full calender year of bans.
Eejit makes big play of slapping the guy on the ground and shouting at officials to get their attention and a penalty and THEN stamps on him
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Lamb of BOD wrote:Scotland are giving a really good account of themselves so far today (just into the final quarter as I write). You'd have to give Cotter (not to mention Townsend) a lot of credit for the turnaround in their play

Put it this way Adam Ashe started at 8 for Scotland today. He has more international caps than professional starts for his club I believe. Which is fairly astonishing.

There is an awful lot of young talent in the Scotland squad- here's hoping Cotter can make good use of it.
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

blockhead wrote:NZ win by 8pts. Their 2nds don't look too hot. Lots and lots of knock-ons and other errors by the All Blacks.
Doesn't say much for Scotland's 1sts does it?
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Special mention for Hartley who by my estimation if banned as a result of today goes over 1 full calender year of bans.
Eejit makes big play of slapping the guy on the ground and shouting at officials to get their attention and a penalty and THEN stamps on him
I fully agree. I was watching in a pub in Canada with some friends who know nothing about rugby. I yelled "Ah you f%~king idiot Hartley"; two more yelled "What an asshole" and one woman said quietly 'That guy's a moron". You couldn't have made it up.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Lamb of BOD wrote:Scotland are giving a really good account of themselves so far today (just into the final quarter as I write). You'd have to give Cotter (not to mention Townsend) a lot of credit for the turnaround in their play
highlights how bad a selector and a coach Scott Johnson was. Have the all blacks already peaked?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

France have dropped Teddy Thomas for missing a team meeting - Medard will start instead.

Playing a scrum half at scrum half, an out half at out half and now squad discipline - just what is going on in France? Has Serge Blanco put the screws on PSA?
I have Bumbleflex
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Dave Cahill wrote:France have dropped Teddy Thomas for missing a team meeting - Medard will start instead.

Playing a scrum half at scrum half, an out half at out half and now squad discipline - just what is going on in France? Has Serge Blanco put the screws on PSA?
Could be bad news for everybody in the 6N if France actually organise themselves. Unless of course the rest of the squad stage a revolt in response to such gross injustice.
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

berniemac67 wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:France have dropped Teddy Thomas for missing a team meeting - Medard will start instead.

Could be bad news for everybody in the 6N if France actually organise themselves. Unless of course the rest of the squad stage a revolt in response to such gross injustice.
You would imagine it's only a matter of time before Blanco puts a few noses out of joint within the squad!
Hopefully they'll come a cropper in the 6N
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Peg Leg wrote: You would imagine it's only a matter of time before Blanco puts a few noses out of joint within the squad!
Hopefully they'll come a cropper in the 6N
We can only hope the players react as they normally do when their noses are disjointed. Better go light a few candles ...
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Knew he reminded me of Mal O'Kelly as he sprinted towards the line the other day...the comparisons grow.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Basteraud is on the bench too so think the wings actually get to see the ball now
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

France battered Australia but I don't think they've exactly rekindled any semblance of a threat in the backline. One individual try brilliantly taken but in general they still lacked a bit of cohesion out there.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!