Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

All Blacks nil
Mullet

Re: Ireland v Australia thread

Post by All Blacks nil »

blockhead wrote:Aussie's claiming damage to dressing room was a accident,
Aviva dressing room damage caused by opening door the wrong way, says ARU
The ARU has downplayed the damage caused at the Aviva Stadium, saying it was caused by opening a door the wrong way.

The Australian Rugby Union has downplayed the damage caused at the Aviva Stadium last weekend, stating that it was caused by a loose bolt from a door hinge.
It was reported that up to €8,000 worth of damage had been caused by an unnamed player or member of staff in the aftermath of their 29-26 defeat to Ireland in Autumn international last Saturday.

"There was an accident after the match involving one of our support staff," a source is quoted as telling the Irish Examiner in the aftermath of the controversy. "We made the IRFU aware of this on the evening of the game and have offered our assistance in any way if required.”

In a Facebook post on their official page today, the ARU has strenuously denied that the damage was caused by a furious member of staff and said they immediately contacted the IRFU over the incident.

They stress that the cause of the damage was caused by accidentally opening a dressing room door the wrong way.

"One of the Wallabies support staff members accidentally opened a door the wrong way when going into the change room," the statement read.

"A bolt from the door’s hinge went into the wall and created a small hole. We immediately notified venue management and have offered to help with any repair costs. Any suggestion that this was a player or member of staff acting angrily after losing the game isn't true."
Dressing room CCTV confirms Aussie version of events. Will Skelton was not injured in the incident .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMikZqHOvic
The truth has an awful habit of spoiling a good story.
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

offshorerules wrote:Facts are a bitch alright. Saturday will certainly be interesting.
well, i stand corrected. name your charity and I will donate a fiver in your name. losing a fiver adds insult to the injury of an english win :(
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

berniemac67 wrote:
offshorerules wrote:Facts are a bitch alright. Saturday will certainly be interesting.
well, i stand corrected. name your charity and I will donate a fiver in your name. losing a fiver adds insult to the injury of an english win :(
Give it to someone who's homeless next time your out and about. Bad time of the year not to have a roof over your head. To be honest I wouldn't say I would cheer for England but I was kind of glad to see England and Wales both beat SH teams.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:Aussie's claiming damage to dressing room was a accident,
That's great cos their travel insurance should cover the damage so. All they need is third party cover.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.