RWC Ireland v France October 2015

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

petermcd

Re: RWC Ireland v France October 2015

Post by petermcd »

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone will be planning on doing a day trip from London. Would be great to travel up together on a bus and be sure of transport home afterwards. There's about 8 of us heading up from London but Sunday to!ws for trains and buses back from Cardiff are very tight, a chartered coach would be a Bod-send.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Flights to Birmingham are €50 return at the moment and trains go to Cardiff from early that day for about €100 return.

Pricey but it seems like a winner. The train is only 2.5 hours like.

Brings my total to just under €500 for ticket, transport and accommodation and I am expecting to spend €150 over there.

My poor wallet. Still though. Once in a lifetime
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Try booking the train closer to the event when low cost tickets will be available. Check one way tickets first as they can be very good value but will have travel restrictions on them.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

domhnallj wrote:Try booking the train closer to the event when low cost tickets will be available. Check one way tickets first as they can be very good value but will have travel restrictions on them.
Cheers Domhnall!

The flights are booked which is the main thing.

Might be a good call to wait to book. But part of me just wants it over with ha
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
domhnallj wrote:Try booking the train closer to the event when low cost tickets will be available. Check one way tickets first as they can be very good value but will have travel restrictions on them.
Cheers Domhnall!

Here's a link to advice for getting the best deal. The optimum time is between 10-12 weeks before travel because that's when the train companies set their timetables. Also some other good advice in there as well.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel ... in-tickets
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Flights to Birmingham are €50 return at the moment and trains go to Cardiff from early that day for about €100 return.

Brings my total to just under €500 for ticket, transport and accommodation and I am expecting to spend €150 over there.

Hopefully we get the 2023WC and you can have another once in a lifetime event.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

domhnallj wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:
Cheers Domhnall!

Here's a link to advice for getting the best deal. The optimum time is between 10-12 weeks before travel because that's when the train companies set their timetables. Also some other good advice in there as well.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel ... in-tickets
Links to two websites that will give you the best UK Rail ticket deals.

http://www.splitticketing.com
http://www.brfares.com

These sites are recommended by Barry Doe, widely regarded in the Rail Industry as the foremost UK Rail Ticketing expert.

http://www.barrydoe.co.uk/home.pdf

Do not use websites like thetrainline.com or redspottedhanky.com to book tickets. They charge a fee, whereas the Train Operating Companies do not. I have found the best option is to order your tickets on line, and for them to be collected at a Ticket Machine. Fairly simple and straightforward. A bit of research will save you a whole heap of money.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
WarPoodle
Learner

Post by WarPoodle »

Cardiff - amazing stadium... pity about the rest of it!

We're in and out in a day! Day trip from London.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Its ridiculous that it is cheaper to go to a WC in france than one right on our doorstep...
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

WarPoodle wrote:Cardiff - amazing stadium... pity about the rest of it!

We're in and out in a day! Day trip from London.
How are you getting from London? The train times aren't great that day. Admittedly I want to get to Cardiff early and soak up the match day atmosphere!
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Flights to Birmingham are €50 return at the moment and trains go to Cardiff from early that day for about €100 return.

At €100 return for a train that looks like a rip off, normally £36 does that trip, in fact if you get 4 people a taxi would be a better option
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

You can hire a car for as little as 25 a day. 50 will buy you something reasonable. 4 people in a car with petrol parking and any other bits would be cheaper.

For the QFs, 4 of us will hire a car on Saturday morn in Brum. Drive it to Cardiff and park it up until the Monday. Probably get to go somewhere nice on the Monday too as we don't fly home til late. 50 quid or so each all in.
seamusroche

Post by seamusroche »

Hey Guys,

I have a room in Cardiff I need to on sell please.

My father cannot attend the game.

The room needs to be bought for three nights though as I cannot cancel it.

It is a bed and Breakfast and we have the it booked for the 10th, 11th and 12th.

The cost is 125 pounds a night and has two single beds. I was lucky as I found this on about page 10 of google, she had no email and I called from Australia. Her website is even down at the moment. It is listed on travel wales as a two star B and B. It is a nice lady as I have spoken to her.

From Google maps it is only 16 minutes from the stadium and there is public transport close by.

You can email me at seamusroche@blackravenmedia.com

Farthings B and B
Lisvane road, Lisvane
cardiff
Wales, cf140sg
United Kingdom