Post by Donny B. »

Jenno's decision to take the points gets them the win
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Ireland v Barbarians

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Donny B. wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:
Donny B. wrote:All came from Ireland trying to run a ball from their goal-line and knocking the ball on under no pressure. Sad to say, it was two Leinster players.
MOC Out......Again :shock:
Whoever the new coach is, the first thing he'll be told is "do passing drills!!!" Not putting all the blame on MOC but the deterioration in basic handling skills amongst Leinster's backs especially has been shocking really.
I hear what your saying Donny but do you not think if a set of professional players can't perform one of the basic facets of the game they need to take a long look at themselves too?
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

the skill level of leinster backs dropped massively under MOC's watch. simple fact, individually and collectively.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

That was a dirty dirty late hit by Jennings on Madigan.
I hope he's proud of himself.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

goreyguy wrote:the skill level of leinster backs dropped massively under MOC's watch. simple fact, individually and collectively.
Fair enough. But why? Did they forget how to pass?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
goreyguy wrote:the skill level of leinster backs dropped massively under MOC's watch. simple fact, individually and collectively.
Fail to practice, practice to fail.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

George Smith a lucky boy too
Good news for McGrath is entry level ban for a knee is only 2 or 3 weeks so he can plead guilty and travel

Henry, Jackson, Furlong, Strauss moved up pecking order

if Madigan wants to wear maxi twist boots he needs to make his tackles, Gilroy will be hauled over the coals for their first try
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
skill levels deteriorate if they aren't worked on under pressure

obviously under MOC training methods changed and Leinster backs didn't train in the right environment to improve or maintain their skills.

their skill levels under pressure have regressed since MOC took over, this is irrefutable to anyone who watches them.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Oldschool wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:
Fail to practice, practice to fail.
Do you mean to say they weren't doing any passing in practice? I'm not talking about complex back line moves here I'm just taking about moving the ball along the line. Surely not a lot of coaching should be required of a professional team to do that?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The crappy ban that Jack picked up in January might come back to haunt him now.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

goreyguy wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:
skill levels deteriorate if they aren't worked on under pressure

obviously under MOC training methods changed and Leinster backs didn't train in the right environment to improve or maintain their skills.

their skill levels under pressure have regressed since MOC took over, this is irrefutable to anyone who watches them.
Not denying skill levels have regressed. What I'm saying is how much coaching does a professional team need to pass a ball?

If you're telling me you don't have the answer, but you feel that the lowest common denominator is Matt then fine. I don't have the answer either but I find it very heard to understand.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

again i'm sure in practice the handling is usually fine, but what kind of intensity do they practice at? how acceptable are handling errors in practice?

do you reject that passing and ball skills are a skill that can be improved?
do you accept that schmidt took over and he improved leinster's skills?
do you accept that MOC took over and the skills dropped?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:The crappy ban that Jack picked up in January might come back to haunt him now.
dont think 1 suspension will hurt him too much, plus think its an IRFU citing officer (only ref wasnt IRFU)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:The crappy ban that Jack picked up in January might come back to haunt him now.
The beak might be the least of his problems. Joe Schmidts lack of tolerance for ill-discipline combined with the form/fitness of Bent and Kilcoyne might cause him more sleepless nights
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

No I don't think it will either, but even missing one or two games is a big deal in terms of getting ready for the World Cup.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeinsterLeader wrote: Not denying skill levels have regressed. What I'm saying is how much coaching does a professional team need to pass a ball?

If you're telling me you don't have the answer, but you feel that the lowest common denominator is Matt then fine. I don't have the answer either but I find it very heard to understand.
a professional team needs to pass the ball a lot, together, at high pace and intensity in order to try and mimic game conditions as much as possible..

it's the coaches job to create said training environment, so the players train at a level as close as possible to a game.

Shane Horgan said it on a second captains podcast about leinster's skill level, the players aren't challenging their skillset often enough to keep it at a high enough level to execute on the field at a fast efficient pace.

and that work is done in training and in the gameplan, both are organized by MOC.
Last edited by goreyguy on May 28th, 2015, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Lets be honest, especially in scrummaging theres a gulf in class between McGrath and anyone below him
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

goreyguy wrote:again i'm sure in practice the handling is usually fine, but what kind of intensity do they practice at? how acceptable are handling errors in practice?

do you reject that passing and ball skills are a skill that can be improved?
do you accept that schmidt took over and he improved leinster's skills?
do you accept that MOC took over and the skills dropped?
No, Not necessarily and Yes. But none of that is the point I'm making.

Forget about intensity for a minute. If I was a professional rugby player and I consistently could not pass correctly to my team mates in a match situation on a regular basis the first person I'd be having a word with is myself. I think its fair enough to say if you can't pass under pressure consistently at this level, at this stage of your career, you have to take a certain amount responsibility,
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

individual players have to take a share of responsibility but it's been a team wide thing.

a professional team needs to pass the ball a lot, together, at high pace and intensity in order to try and mimic game conditions as much as possible..

without that scenario being repeated in training and players being challenged to improve/maintain their skill level, on pitch skill levels will decline, which has happened under MOC.