Ireland vs France

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Vamos los azules
Mullet

Re: Ireland vs France

Post by Vamos los azules »

FLIP wrote:
Vamos los azules wrote:Anyone got a clip of the incident to watch it again?
http://youtu.be/wRtkmDXLzcI
Cheers.

I still can't believe that action from Pape could do the rumoured damage to Heaslip. If you bang your kneecap against bone, which he would have had to have done, it's going to hurt and there isn't a flinch off him.

Mind you, we know from both Chris Paterson and Tommy Bowe (to name just two I can think of off the top of my head) that hits to the kidney can leave serious problems so Pape should get a rest to think about his stupidity in leading with the knee into someone's back.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Vamos los azules wrote:
FLIP wrote:
Vamos los azules wrote:Anyone got a clip of the incident to watch it again?
http://youtu.be/wRtkmDXLzcI
Cheers.

I still can't believe that action from Pape could do the rumoured damage to Heaslip. If you bang your kneecap against bone, which he would have had to have done, it's going to hurt and there isn't a flinch off him.

Mind you, we know from both Chris Paterson and Tommy Bowe (to name just two I can think of off the top of my head) that hits to the kidney can leave serious problems so Pape should get a rest to think about his stupidity in leading with the knee into someone's back.
It was an amazing spot by Nigel Owens from the far touchline
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Donny B. wrote:
Can't blame her, can you imagine having to listen to that ould fart all day, every day?

His work is beyond cretinous at this stage, just mindless blather. Whether he retires or not, RTE shouldn't renew his contract. He's an embarrassment at this stage
He has ben an embarrassment for a long time. i haven't seen much RTE coverage since 2009 but even as far back as that, it wass obvious Hook was there for noise. But a lot of casual viewers believe what he says to be true and journos still write articles articles about sh!t he says.

I'd say RTE will gladly sign him up. he'll even get a pay rise.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Vamos los azules wrote:
Cheers.

It was an amazing spot by Nigel Owens from the far touchline
Is Wayne becoming the new Blind Dave?

Heaslip practically gave a powerpoint presentation right in front of him and it still wasn't him that called it.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Morf wrote:

Heaslip practically gave a powerpoint presentation right in front of him and it still wasn't him that called it.
I'd say the refs get fairly tired of players gesticulating to them about nothing/everything/anything.
Scrum halves (with the exception of the exceptional Mr Murray) really starting to piss me off these days,
a) Arrive at ruck
b) Lean over to retrieve ball
c) Throw hands in the air whilst looking for the ref
d) Retrieve ball
e) Pass

Also, what is the point of the ref shouting "use it" to the SH if you're going to allow him a free pass for the next minute?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Peg Leg wrote:
Morf wrote:

I'd say the refs get fairly tired of players gesticulating to them about nothing/everything/anything.
Scrum halves (with the exception of the exceptional Mr Murray) really starting to piss me off these days,
a) Arrive at ruck
d) Retrieve ball
e) Pass

Also, what is the point of the ref shouting "use it" to the SH if you're going to allow him a free pass for the next minute?
Couldn't agree with you more.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Peg Leg wrote:
Morf wrote:

a) Arrive at ruck
d) Retrieve ball
e) Pass

Too right, Barnes is correct to patronise and ignore Irish players repeatedly. They should go back to the old days, ignore Barnes, and beat the living shite out of Pape on live TV to edify the nation.

Murray waves his hands in the air as much as the next scrum half.

Mind you not as much as the Dragons No. 7 Cudd who was twirling around on the wrong side of the ruck waving his hands in the air like a jazz dancer. He was brilliant!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

http://youtu.be/XVUHFFUvjKk
Popped up in my news feed:
Sean O'Brien Massive clear out- Murray Kinsella's bastardisation of the demented Moles ruck scoring system will melt when calculating this one!!
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

So, what are we saying?
a) We played our cards close to our chest.
or
b) we just managed the win without creating much in the way of chances.

Anyone else think that Payne's face intercepted a skip pass?
Daniel Sullivan
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Peg Leg wrote:So, what are we saying?
a) We played our cards close to our chest.
or
b) we just managed the win without creating much in the way of chances.

Anyone else think that Payne's face intercepted a skip pass?

Bit of both for me tbh, the result never looked in doubt to me and at times sexton kicking from hand was a joy to watch.

However the back play as a whole didn't seem to be as good or as fluid as you'd expect from a Schmidt side.

I still think Ireland have a lot in reserve , guess well have a better idea of where everyone stands after the next set of games.

If Heaslip is out what will the irish back row be for the England game?
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

O'Brien to 8, Henderson to 6 and Murphy/TOD at 7?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

domhnallj wrote:O'Brien to 8, Henderson to 6 and Murphy/TOD at 7?
What about POM?

Henderson 6 O'Brien 7 POM 8 more likely
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

johng wrote:
What about POM?

Why play POM at 8?
Murphy or even Jack Conan should be called in so as to have minimal disruption.
Conan surely deserves a chance. He has had a great season, was outstanding v the Saxons, even outshining an admittedly rusty SOB and was probably the only Leinster forward to play well yesterday. Probably would have got MOTM if leinster had won He is a beast in possession and himself and SOB (if he can get on the ball ) would destroy England.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

johng wrote:
What about POM?

Forgot him in my rush to add Hendo to the ticket.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

All Blacks nil wrote:
johng wrote:
What about POM?

Why play POM at 8?
Murphy or even Jack Conan should be called in so as to have minimal disruption.
Conan surely deserves a chance. He has had a great season, was outstanding v the Saxons, even outshining an admittedly rusty SOB and was probably the only Leinster forward to play well yesterday. Probably would have got MOTM if leinster had won He is a beast in possession and himself and SOB (if he can get on the ball ) would destroy England.
Joe will probably slot Murphy in. I was just giving my opinion on the best combo including Henderson.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

johng wrote:
What about POM?

Wouldn't be surprised to see
7 SOB
8 Jordi
6 POM

Henderson has been used as a lock and TOD would make a great bench option
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Murphy has already played 8 in the championship when POM and SOB were available so don't see why it wouldn't be him again. Plus he replaced Heaslip on Saturday.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Murphy has already played 8 in the championship when POM and SOB were available so don't see why it wouldn't be him again. Plus he replaced Heaslip on Saturday.
We're all agreed then. He must be about half the weight of Billy V though
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Did anyone else notice the incident near the end of the game where Barnes awarded a scrum after Henderson seemed to effect a legal turnover.

At the time he was saying "don't use your hands" advice frankly that Henderson should have listened to whether it right was or wrong.
Henderson scooped the ball up and you would have expected BArnes to follow up his warning with a penalty and giving his in play warning a possible card.
But how could he give a penalty when he recognised that Henderson was legal.
Result - scrum,

Reminded me of Rolland looking for the number of the player that handled in the ruck in the Ulster v Munster game last season, so that he card could him. Watching the TMO he realised it was completely legal and that he was wrong. POM actually came over to him and said "it was me".

Result
no card but still a penalty.

Not his finest moment.
'
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

johng wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Murphy has already played 8 in the championship when POM and SOB were available so don't see why it wouldn't be him again. Plus he replaced Heaslip on Saturday.
We're all agreed then. He must be about half the weight of Billy V though
It's not the size, it's how you pathetically attempt to use it so as not to completely destroy your loved one's Valentine's Day and fantasies about 50 Shades of Grey.

That's eh...one of Joe's bug bears apparently.