World Cup jersey 2015

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Fireworks
Mullet

Re: World Cup jersey 2015

Post by Fireworks »

Not a fan of the current trend in rugby jerseys. I prefer the old ones with a collar and some room for the padding around the six pack. Would love to see an old style fan jersey being made and I think you would see more people buying them and wearing them.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Fireworks wrote:Not a fan of the current trend in rugby jerseys. I prefer the old ones with a collar and some room for the padding around the six pack. Would love to see an old style fan jersey being made and I think you would see more people buying them and wearing them.

I have Bumbleflex
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Fireworks wrote:Not a fan of the current trend in rugby jerseys. I prefer the old ones with a collar and some room for the padding around the six pack. Would love to see an old style fan jersey being made and I think you would see more people buying them and wearing them.
Like this one?

http://shop.irishrugby.ie/kit-c2/jersey ... rsey-p3273
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

ChrisUppy wrote:
Like this one?

http://shop.irishrugby.ie/kit-c2/jersey ... rsey-p3273
I like this one
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Jersey has been unveiled....meh.....

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/34931.php#.VaUKml9Vikp
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

I really like it.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Its not bad, its not good either, no thanks, Its basically a gym/training jersey masquerading as a jersey with a RWC logo slapped on. Also for the people wanting to buy the cotton version, I bought our most recent during the Lovell sales and was very disappointed with the lightness of the cotton, I have thicker polo shirts, Canterbury are not the quality jersey maker they were. I bought it with the intention of removing the 3 logo, but its so flimsy I dont think I will

04-07...a comparative golden era of jerseys..
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Dave Cahill wrote:

I stand corrected.

They are not so bad. Not mad about top one but like the second one.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I think Dave was picking his Jerseys to show them becoming more traditional over the last 8 years as the 2007 one looks more modern than the 2011 one and the latest one looks the most traditional.

Here. You have me talking about clothing now. :( I think the new one is OK. I will probably buy my 1st Ireland jersey in 8 years soon. The one without the collar. 80 bucks in Lifestyle without the big furry 3 on it. Dear but hey. I need something to wear in Cardiff.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Away jersey is a nice shout for the gym, Japan away and Fiji away top of the RWC bunch IMO if we're talking fashion. The cotton home RWC with the old school ccc loop line collar is pretty class by the looks it, very similar to the 2003 jersey except without the white lines on the sleeve. All in all decent offerings for kit gym or casual. Now have they got anything for the wife......
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

TerenureJim wrote:Away jersey is a nice shout for the gym, Japan away and Fiji away top of the RWC bunch IMO if we're talking fashion. The cotton home RWC with the old school ccc loop line collar is pretty class by the looks it, very similar to the 2003 jersey except without the white lines on the sleeve. All in all decent offerings for kit gym or casual. Now have they got anything for the wife......
Somebody needs to have 100's of pins inserted into their eyeballs for inventing this!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Peg Leg wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Away jersey is a nice shout for the gym, Japan away and Fiji away top of the RWC bunch IMO if we're talking fashion. The cotton home RWC with the old school ccc loop line collar is pretty class by the looks it, very similar to the 2003 jersey except without the white lines on the sleeve. All in all decent offerings for kit gym or casual. Now have they got anything for the wife......
Somebody needs to have 100's of pins inserted into their eyeballs for inventing this!
How's that now?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

TerenureJim wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
How's that now?

This the collar & button you're talking about?
Dreadful, too indecent to leave open sans undershirt, too tight to close!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

can we go 80s sci fi like Gloucester are?

Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Nope Peg 2003 not 2007
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

Just got one of the RWC classic Ireland jersey from CCC. It's great. No 3 logo is a bonus.

http://www.canterbury.com/ireland-rwc-2 ... sey-p22284
We're all red on the inside.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Munsterboy wrote:Just got one of the RWC classic Ireland jersey from CCC. It's great. No 3 logo is a bonus.

That looks pretty good. Pity its not in short sleeve.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Avenger wrote:
Munsterboy wrote:Just got one of the RWC classic Ireland jersey from CCC. It's great. No 3 logo is a bonus.

That looks pretty good. Pity its not in short sleeve.
http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/resto ... t/57805330
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Long shot but...if anyone spies either the recent Canterbury Jersey with the collar or the previous Jersey (last puma one) for sale online I'd be very interested in acquiring one. Asking for a friend. I've seen a few on eBay etc but they're all either kiddies sized, 2XL or €200.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Irish rugby gear in Airport shops at 50% sale