Scotland v Ireland. 2:30 pm. Saturday 21st March.

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Fireworks
Mullet

Re: Scotland v Ireland. 2:30 pm. Saturday 21st March.

Post by Fireworks »

After 5 pages of speculation the day has arrived. Whoever is in green has my support. This could be a great day for Irish rugby so please remove heads from asssssesss and get behind the guys.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Anyone who knows Joe knows that this is the equivalent of anyone else calling Hook a c**t-Faced f%~king c**t.
Why did you censor one c**t and not the other?
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

offshorerules wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:
offshorerules wrote:Statistics, the last refuge.......
The last refuge is claiming that stats are the last refuge :roll:
Want to give us the stats about a former munster centres record for Ireland versus bods? tw@t.
"Stat tw@t" :happy clapper:
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Very churlish piece by Matt 'Matty' Williams in the IT today [source: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/i ... -1.2147480 ]

I think there's some truth in it, but when one exaggerates or distorts certain aspects to suit your argument, any half-intelligent reader – certainly those who have not made a judgment before reading the article – will pick up on the loaded agenda.

'I am also detecting a touch of arrogance in some of the statements coming out of the Irish camp. Some of the talk this week has been disrespectful of the Scots. The theme is now Ireland have “the shackles off we will run in the tries with ease”. '

Far be it from me to bring to mind Leaving Cert nightmares, but what about 'quotations or references from the relevant text'? Having read the vast majority of the interviews given by Irish players in the build-up to this game, I can't recall a single sentence that struck me as arrogant. Certainly the idea that players or staff have been talking about running in tries for fun is an absolute invention: they've been at pains to say that this is a test and their only goal is to win it.

Another thing that struck me about Williams' position was his complete amnesia of Schmidt's first season in charge, where [bar the game against Wales] we played a sh*tload of running rugby and scored more tries [16] than any other team had scored in the tournament for five years. It's not as though Schmidt doesn't know how to instil a running game, or that Sexton doesn't now how to implement it. You'd have to be deliberately obtuse not to agree that Schmidt is the most renowned attack coach at least in the northern hemisphere, if not the world [Wayne Smith being the competition]. To suggest that there is "no structure" is absolutely ridiculous. We're going a different way this season, and have been extremely successful to date.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

hugonaut wrote:Very churlish piece by Matt 'Matty' Williams in the IT today [source: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/i ... -1.2147480 ]

I think there's some truth in it, but when one exaggerates or distorts certain aspects to suit your argument, any half-intelligent reader – certainly those who have not made a judgment before reading the article – will pick up on the loaded agenda.

'I am also detecting a touch of arrogance in some of the statements coming out of the Irish camp. Some of the talk this week has been disrespectful of the Scots. The theme is now Ireland have “the shackles off we will run in the tries with ease”. '

Far be it from me to bring to mind Leaving Cert nightmares, but what about 'quotations or references from the relevant text'? Having read the vast majority of the interviews given by Irish players in the build-up to this game, I can't recall a single sentence that struck me as arrogant. Certainly the idea that players or staff have been talking about running in tries for fun is an absolute invention: they've been at pains to say that this is a test and their only goal is to win it.

Another thing that struck me about Williams' position was his complete amnesia of Schmidt's first season in charge, where [bar the game against Wales] we played a sh*tload of running rugby and scored more tries [16] than any other team had scored in the tournament for five years. It's not as though Schmidt doesn't know how to instil a running game, or that Sexton doesn't now how to implement it. You'd have to be deliberately obtuse not to agree that Schmidt is the most renowned attack coach at least in the northern hemisphere, if not the world [Wayne Smith being the competition]. To suggest that there is "no structure" is absolutely ridiculous. We're going a different way this season, and have been extremely successful to date.
Matt likes 'I told you so'

also that Franno was a bad influence on him

delighted Payne got a try
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

What a performance.

Apart from the missed kicks but now that doesn't matter
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

holy sh*t balls, that was some day.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

I can't spake!!! We all can't spake!!!!!! :happy clapper:
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Looking forward to watching both of the last matches without a couch in the way. Will be a late night tonight in front of the telly.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Well, that was quite exciting.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

hugonaut wrote:Very churlish piece by Matt 'Matty' Williams in the IT today [source: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/i ... -1.2147480 ]

I was trying to work out who in the Ireland camp had been talking about running in tries for fun. Ridiculous piece by Williams - I know he's been running with the limited game plan agenda but this was way ott.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Fantastic performance. Luke and church certainly justified their selections. Delighted all round.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

outcast eddie wrote:I can't spake!!! We all can't spake!!!!!! :happy clapper:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No one can spake after that!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

My favourite comment was "Does Matt get paid by the week? Cause each column is basically the same thing!"

He's become a consistent bore