Edinburgh saturday ...Grassmarket to watch english game?

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Edinburgh saturday ...Grassmarket to watch english game?

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

I managed to snag two tickets for scotland v ireland and head up sat morning.

I missed the heineken final against leicester....and t's been a while since I have been to murray field.

Just checking to see if any leinster fans travelling have a recommendation where to watch the england V france game. Was thinking of grassmarket....

any tips?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Edinburgh saturday ...Grassmarket to watch english game?

Post by Xanthippe »

Murreyfield will have "Party Zones" in the stadium grounds and the game will be shown there. If we do manage to beat Scotland it might be worth hanging around just in case England don't get the job done - they could allow supporters back in to see the trophy presentation
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Xanthippe wrote:Murreyfield will have "Party Zones" in the stadium grounds and the game will be shown there. If we do manage to beat Scotland it might be worth hanging around just in case England don't get the job done - they could allow supporters back in to see the trophy presentation
good shout....thanks. i suppose that's worth doing if we manage a win with some points to spare. might make grassmarket a "plan b".
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Murrayfield Bar (not the Hotel) a proper boozer, better than any of those kips in the Grassmarket. But Xanthippe's idea to hang about just in case there's a trophy presentation is the right shout.
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Hope you stayed in the stadium for that, id say itd have been a cracking atmosphere
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

waterboy wrote:Hope you stayed in the stadium for that, id say itd have been a cracking atmosphere
wow...just f*cking WOW!

ireland were immense against the scots...totally dominated second half. everyone left the stadium to watch the english game on the big screens in the beer/burger areas. at around half time....an announcement was made inviting everyone back into the stadium...we all piled back into the west stand and watched it from there.

it was so tense, as you can imagine....and surreal as well...loads of scots came back in as well and we were singing the french anthem. atmosphere was unreal.

the moment the irish team burst onto the pitch when owens (finally) blew the final whistle at twickers will live long in the memory. everyone went crazy.

epic night in edinburgh..didn't make it to grassmarket but the whole city was hopping - scots fans were delighted england didn't win and up for the craic as well. an unforgettable day.