Six Nations team of the championship.

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Six Nations team of the championship.

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Donny B. wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Don't forget that Sexton didn't play in Italy. So that's one game he missed and then the Wales game which he played poorly in, plus I don't think he actually finished any of the games. Ford was brilliant in every game really. I know he made a couple of mistakes against us but in general he was good in that game. I'd pick him ahead of Sexton.

With that said, it's all totally irrelevant.
A bit of an over-statement there. He missed quite a few important kicks and even though he finished well against Wales, he looked quite uncertain at times in that too. I think he's a fine player but I can also see him costing England some games with his place-kicking and defence.

In the head-to-head Sexton was the man, completely dominated him. Sexton was also superb against France (after three months out don't forget) and also very good against Scotland (dodgy hamstring and all). He had a bad day against Wales, as did the whole team, but there's no way Ireland would have won this tournament without Sexton.
And Sexton didn't miss kicks?

I'm not criticising Sexton or saying Ford is the better player, but I think Ford had the better tournament. A lot of people seem to think that. Just don't see it as an "odd one" like you said.

I don't put much value in these things anymore after BOD and Du Preez were overlooked in 09 but I hope POC gets player of the tournament. Thought he was brilliant in every game.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Joseph AWJ and POC are the front runners for player of the 6 nations.

POC has the advantage of playing for the winning side and the added sentiment of it being his last or looking it is his last 6 nations.

He is a worthy winner and a genuinely great rugby player
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

simonokeeffe wrote:
JB1973 wrote:All jokes aisde, biggar ford and sexton all did very well, so did murray webb and youngs . A case can be made for any of them to have a place, if we get into this much of a debate over a "dream team xv" god help us once the next lions squad is due to be selected!

It's only 2 years out folks
Gatland with Schmidt as assistant? :D
ha no chance Joe is the head honcho and sean Edwards is the assistant.

Double boost for us as it gives the lions a great coach and also keeps Joe away from the 6 nations for a season :lol:
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Donny B. wrote:
JB1973 wrote:Biggar was better than both :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would actually make an argument for him ahead of Ford. Think he really came into himself as an International ten in the tournament.
I'd agree. I've a lot of time for Biggar after the Ospreys' trips to Dublin over the years and to be honest I am slightly gutted Gatland has now realised he is a better option than Preistland!
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".