1 Jamie Hagan
2 Mike Sherry
3 Angus McKeen
4 Dick Costello
5 Robin Copeland
6 Dominic Ryan
7 Aidan McCullen
8 Roger Wilson

A few in different positions to their capped position. (Needs must). A few that might break out of this team ( Copeland, Ryan, Sherry and Reid,

The other players capped once since 1990 are Dylan O'Grady, Mark McHugh, Rob Herring, Colin Wilkinson, James Downey, Nicky Barry, Paul Hogan, kelvin Leahy, Ronan Loughney, Sean McCahill, Derek McAleese Johnny Murphy. I think I have them all.

Wilkinson, Leahy, Barry, McAleese, were all unused replacements in other games in the days when only injured players could be replaced and in modern day their inclusion in MD23 would probably have seen them gain more caps.
nc6000
Mullet

Re: One capped team since 1990

Post by nc6000 »

Reid and Ryan will probably get capped again so are unlikely to stay on the single cap they have so far.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

nc6000 wrote:Reid and Ryan will probably get capped again so are unlikely to stay on the single cap they have so far.
As pointed out along with Copeland and Sherry
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

All Blacks nil wrote:
nc6000 wrote:Reid and Ryan will probably get capped again so are unlikely to stay on the single cap they have so far.
As pointed out along with Copeland and Sherry
why in the name of all that is good would anyone cap Ryan or Reid again?

Maybe if Reid learns to defend he has a long shot, but if he can't I can't see him becoming anything better than a journeyman Pro12 player.

as for Dom Ryan he's been the next big thing for years now -- undoubtedly a talent, but has failed to deliver at a high level.