Rugby World Cup Accommodation

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

awaydayfirst
Beginner

Rugby World Cup Accommodation

Post by awaydayfirst »

Hi Folks

Iv been lucky enough to get tickets for the Italy and France games. Just wondering does anybody where in London would be best to stay (if i can get somewhere) for the Italy game. Like what area will Irish fans be in most the day before and the day of the game.

also the OLSC put up a post on facebook a few months ago about a website where people rent out rooms for occasions like this. I cant find the post of remember the name of the site. Does anybody know the name of it?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Rugby World Cup Accommodation

Post by Xanthippe »

Couldn't tell you the best place to stay because when we're in London we always stay in the premier Inn at Heathrow airport - it's become like our home away from home!!!

The site you're looking for could be this one
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

From being in London for 6 nations games I'd say the following.

Richmond and Twickenham village are busy spots rammed with supporters on match days. However there is usually a bit of a dash to make the last train back towards the city so things finish up relatively early post game. Due to the size and population of London when you arrive back in to the city the vast majority of people wont have know the match was on.

I'm guessing there will be some sort of fan zones set up in possibly places like covent garden. but would recommend you stay somewhere easy to connect by rail to the game.

England Oz is the day before so should be good atmosphere bout for that
awaydayfirst
Beginner

Post by awaydayfirst »

"xanthippe" - thats the site i was looking for yes, fair play to you.

"R-Dog" - thanks for the info, much appreciated.

i have a lot of internet searching ahead of me lol