Manu Tuilagi to miss world cup

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Manu Tuilagi to miss world cup

Post by limecat »

Being reported that Manu Tuilagi will miss the world cup after pleading guilty to assaulting a police officer.

https://twitter.com/AlexMLowe/status/599217333111025665
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Manu Tuilagi to miss world cup

Post by Donny B. »

He's some f**king eejit!

The Ferry operators will breath easier though.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

“As role models and ambassadors for the game, the highest standards of behaviour are expected from every England player both on and off the field,"
"I know, as an England player, the need to conduct myself as a good role model..."
Ugh, fine for England to not pick him if his conviction breaches the criteria for picking squads, but the language they use, got sick a little in my mouth, "role models, ambassadors".... Stuff like this is why I love League(or used to until they started with this same sanctimonious bullshit). Yes he breached the rules, acted like an idiot, dont pick him, end of story, stop with this charade of athletes being, somehow, moral guardians/role models of perfect behaviour, its disgusting.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

leinster4life13 wrote:
“As role models and ambassadors for the game, the highest standards of behaviour are expected from every England player both on and off the field,"
"I know, as an England player, the need to conduct myself as a good role model..."
Ugh, fine for England to not pick him if his conviction breaches the criteria for picking squads, but the language they use, got sick a little in my mouth, "role models, ambassadors".... Stuff like this is why I love League(or used to until they started with this same sanctimonious bullshit). Yes he breached the rules, acted like an idiot, dont pick him, end of story, stop with this charade of athletes being, somehow, moral guardians/role models of perfect behaviour, its disgusting.
You are going to have some f%~ked up children

Edit: That reads a little harsh, but I think you're a fairly scurrilous character. I enjoy your contributions but surely there is a place for morals in every walk of life. I doubt they'll follow through on it btw, but applaud the sentiment. Keeps the rest in line (besides, they'll probably call in delon Armitage to replace him)
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

if theyre worried about players being role models then why havent they frozen Dylan Hartley in carbonite?

more importantly wasnt he all set to miss the tournament with injury anyway? or at the very least have a couple of the warm ups as only games for about a year

oddly this has done Lancaster a favour IMO as hes going to be forced to pick a much more balanced midfield, with Joesph at 13, and not 2 bosh merchants, and will have fit midfielders for the trial games not a guy who will be struggling for match fitness
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Between the harbour swim in New Zealand, the bunny ears incident and now this I think we can safely conclude that Manu isn't the sharpest tool in the box.

How many of the Tuilagi brothers does that now make that have been charged with assault?
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

simonokeeffe wrote:if theyre worried about players being role models then why havent they frozen Dylan Hartley in carbonite?
Off the pitch Dylan Hartley is a role model, one of the finest gentlemen in the game. Off the pitch...
I have Bumbleflex
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/ ... m-hamilton

''Other than those directly affected by Tuilagi's actions on April 26, you feel the man who has lost out the most is the player himself. His actions mean he will miss the once-in-a-lifetime chance of playing in a home World Cup.''

Did not realise the World Cup was in Samoa. :lol: :lol:
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:if theyre worried about players being role models then why havent they frozen Dylan Hartley in carbonite?
Off the pitch Dylan Hartley is a role model, one of the finest gentlemen in the game. Off the pitch...
the opposite of Tuialgi then
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

No sympathy for him. He finished David Wallace career before the last World Cup.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Peg Leg wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote:
You are going to have some f%~ked up children

Edit: That reads a little harsh, but I think you're a fairly scurrilous character. I enjoy your contributions but surely there is a place for morals in every walk of life. I doubt they'll follow through on it btw, but applaud the sentiment. Keeps the rest in line (besides, they'll probably call in delon Armitage to replace him)
on the contrary. my kids will be raised correctly as i will not rely on a chap who kicks a ball about to set good examples, teach right and wrong, ethics, virtues of learning and hard work etc. It is disgusting imo to put the burden of raising your kids and setting examples onto a pro athlete who you dont know from adam. Its the zenith of tabloid celeb culture, put these c**ts on a pedestal, worship them, buy sh!t they market, its crass and anti intellectual.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The best role model for your kids is you yourself.
Sort yourself out and the kids are sorted too.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Nothing to with celeb or pedestals. The public face of the rfu is the players and coach. It must be expected that a certain level of behavior is required if you are to represent the rfu publically. It's counter productive for them to keep a yokel like Manu, when his consistent actions on and off the field are not representative of the spirit of the union itself.
Parents wouldn't be sending their kids to rugby training, if idiots like him were the prominent example of an English rugby player.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

if you want to get down to it the sponsors, kitmakers etc wont be happy about this sort of thing

kind of shows the lack of integrity in English rugby that the guy hasnt been fired, if this had have been Callum Clark or somebody they would have been transported

what hasnt gotten much coverage is the details of the incident (from BBC) he gets into a row with a cabbie, grabs him by the throat, kicks the wingmirror off the car, shoves 2 FEMALE police officers as they arrest him which is some serious scumbag behaviour from a 250 lb bloke
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

simonokeeffe wrote:if you want to get down to it the sponsors, kitmakers etc wont be happy about this sort of thing

kind of shows the lack of integrity in English rugby that the guy hasnt been fired, if this had have been Callum Clark or somebody they would have been transported

what hasnt gotten much coverage is the details of the incident (from BBC) he gets into a row with a cabbie, grabs him by the throat, kicks the wingmirror off the car, shoves 2 FEMALE police officers as they arrest him which is some serious scumbag behaviour from a 250 lb bloke
I can't help thinking if it was a different player from a different club (let's hypothetically say Saracens as the club everyone loves to hate) people would be baying for blood and public execution would not be good enough. I suspect that if one of the Saracens players of a similar age had the rap sheet that Tuilagi is accumulating both on and off the pitch people would be demanding he be locked up in prison and banned from rugby for life.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Hadn't actually seen the details of it until now, yikes that's pretty scummy stuff. I always thought he was just a bit simple but that's nasty.

I agree with L4L to an extent in that the ambassador stuff goes too far at times, but no way have they gone too far in this. Fair enough there's a big question mark over his fitness but even so I'd say fair play to Lancaster for being so firm on this. He really does seem like a top bloke, he could do a lot of great work in some kind of admin role with the RFU or World Rugby once he finishes up with coaching.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Be interesting to see what sanction Leicester impose but they dont want to lose a marquee player let alone an academy one (extra salary cap for that), me thinks if this was Niall Morris or Fraser Balmain they would have been sacked; if it was Johnny May or Callum Clark they wouldnt get near an EPS or Saxons squad for a long time

For a parallel Ryan Wilson was suspended for 3 months (without pay) by SRFU for his assault conviction earlier this year
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Depends on who the 'role model' issue is being aimed at. I suspect it's at the parents, i.e. The people that decide whether the boy/girl play rugby on Saturday or something else.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
leinster4life13
Mullet

domhnallj wrote:Depends on who the 'role model' issue is being aimed at. I suspect it's at the parents, i.e. The people that decide whether the boy/girl play rugby on Saturday or something else.
tbh I think the violence of the actual game is more offputting then anything off the field, parents are worried about concussions and creatine(thanks Paul Kimmage!!) not X athlete being a pr!*k.

Also, police release photo of the officer after Tuilagis assault :D