Guy Novès New France Coach

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

nc6000
Mullet

Guy Novès New France Coach

Post by nc6000 »

Guy Novès selected to replace PSA as French after the world cup.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/ ... nce/562600
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: Guy Novès New France Coach

Post by Logorrhea »

bugger.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Should have done it ten years ago.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Wonder how involved he will be after the barrage? Wouldn't be happy to see him in England in a few weeks...
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

apres le coup du monde, apres

cant see him playing 10 man rugby
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

The six nations needs a strong French side in my view, so for that reason alone I am happy with his appointment. It's going to make it tougher for us sure but a strong competition can only make us better too.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Is he still a good coach? He was first to embrace to hugeness route which has stymied their performance in recent years. Also a prolific importer of overseas talent despite the much lauded academy.
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I wondered that too when I heard the news but actually they've won the Top 14 in 2008, 2011, and 2012. Think I heard recently that they've only missed out on the semi finals once in over ten years or something like that.

They may not be the powerhouse that they were and I've seen them play abysmally a good few times but think the rumours of their demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Actually...that recent record isn't unlike MOC's...his Joe Schmidtness is recent enough that he could still do well though. Sure it's France, they could appoint me and they'd still have as much chance of winning the World Cup as getting the wooden spoon in the 6N.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I posted this somewhere else already but from listening to Shaggy, Noves record/ability as head coach has been heavily embellished by a huge budget, excellent academy (with huge budget) which produced a golden generation of players and he relied very heavily on his assistant coaches to do pretty much all the training and most non matchday things

Supposedly very behind the times in terms of video analysis, diet, fitness, lifestyle, coaching
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

simonokeeffe wrote:I posted this somewhere else already but from listening to Shaggy, Noves record/ability as head coach has been heavily embellished by a huge budget, excellent academy (with huge budget) which produced a golden generation of players and he relied very heavily on his assistant coaches to do pretty much all the training and most non matchday things

Supposedly very behind the times in terms of video analysis, diet, fitness, lifestyle, coaching
Shaggy seems to know so much about modern coaching perhaps he and not Mick D and Co should source the next Leinster coach.
Or maybe he could be the man for the head coaching job in a director of rugby role similar to Conor O'Shea at Harlequins. It would be interesting to see can he put his theory into practice.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

All Blacks nil wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:I posted this somewhere else already but from listening to Shaggy, Noves record/ability as head coach has been heavily embellished by a huge budget, excellent academy (with huge budget) which produced a golden generation of players and he relied very heavily on his assistant coaches to do pretty much all the training and most non matchday things

Shaggy seems to know so much about modern coaching perhaps he and not Mick D and Co should source the next Leinster coach.
Or maybe he could be the man for the head coaching job in a director of rugby role similar to Conor O'Shea at Harlequins. It would be interesting to see can he put his theory into practice.
damn these experts with insider knowledge, who do they think they are
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

simonokeeffe wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote:

damn these experts with insider knowledge, who do they think they are

Can't imagine why Leinster don't harness such knowledge. Of all their recent players he seems to be the most articulate and knowledgable of the lot.
I mean if Leo (a similar expert with insider knowledge) can walk straight off the pitch to become a senior forwards coach why couldn't Shaggy do something similar. His articulate and confident media performances are an added bonus in such a position.
At the very least he would be an expert and knowledgable source to utilise in choosing a coach. Obviously knows Noyes can't coach so would be a great Director of Rugby who would surround himself with the best coaches available.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Jesus ab0 you're painful
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I kind of like the idea of Shaggy being forced into coaching, works on him we can try BOD and Jennings