Third times a charm - hopefully. Schmidt extends contract

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Vamos los azules
Mullet

Re: Third times a charm - hopefully. Schmidt extends contra

Post by Vamos los azules »

leinster4life13 wrote:How does anyone still rate Lancaster? Four years and nothing to show for it, no aptitude for selecting a backroom staff, no consistent vision. Whatever about Gatty, he has consistency of vision and selection and can pick a backroom staff and keep a tight camp, vital for the Lions.
They could hire Lancaster for all the PR BS and Joe to do the actual coaching :lol:

Lancaster has selected his perfect backroom staff for groupthink. I went to one of those corporate talks the coaches do a little while back and I was actually shocked how in each other's pockets they are. Lots of mutual patting of each other on the back and all mates together.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

simonokeeffe wrote:Lancaster gets Lions then we keep Schmidt as head coach for that season :)
Thats my deepest wish
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

domhnallj wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Lancaster gets Lions then we keep Schmidt as head coach for that season :)
Thats my deepest wish
Plus then Lancaster gets to upset his own players by not picking them and only taking 2 Scots will fire Scotland up against England so we get a couple more championships
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Vamos los azules wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote:How does anyone still rate Lancaster? Four years and nothing to show for it, no aptitude for selecting a backroom staff, no consistent vision. Whatever about Gatty, he has consistency of vision and selection and can pick a backroom staff and keep a tight camp, vital for the Lions.
They could hire Lancaster for all the PR BS and Joe to do the actual coaching :lol:

Lancaster has selected his perfect backroom staff for groupthink. I went to one of those corporate talks the coaches do a little while back and I was actually shocked how in each other's pockets they are. Lots of mutual patting of each other on the back and all mates together
I suppose with the risk averse, PR conscious RFU that is ideal? You can see it in how England have stagnated imo, I would have loved to have gone to that talk. I cant see them winning anything with that coaching set up.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

leinster4life13 wrote:
Vamos los azules wrote:

Lancaster has selected his perfect backroom staff for groupthink. I went to one of those corporate talks the coaches do a little while back and I was actually shocked how in each other's pockets they are. Lots of mutual patting of each other on the back and all mates together
I suppose with the risk averse, PR conscious RFU that is ideal? You can see it in how England have stagnated imo, I would have loved to have gone to that talk. I cant see them winning anything with that coaching set up.
Can you blame them given what members of their elite saquad have gotten up to over the years?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

domhnallj wrote:
Can you blame them given what members of their elite saquad have gotten up to over the years?
Easily solved.

Its all media distractions, castrate the media until they go back in their box and only ask relevant questions, its sports not some womens magazine celebrity cr@p. Cycling hasnt learned from this and look at it, Tour De France is on and all anyone wants to talk about is drugs. Unless someone is in jail, they are eligible for selection.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Dave Cahill wrote:
I'd expect Joe to step down also, its too big a tour to not do so.
I thought that whole stepping down thing was way over the top. Gatland was still clearly pulling the strings from behind the scenes.
Frankly if it means Joe has to miss a season for Ireland because of the Lions, I'd happily say f%~k the Lions and leave it to Gatty and his Taff squad.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Donny B. wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
I thought that whole stepping down thing was way over the top. Gatland was still clearly pulling the strings from behind the scenes.
Frankly if it means Joe has to miss a season for Ireland because of the Lions, I'd happily say f%~k the Lions and leave it to Gatty and his Taff squad.
agree with you there

he could go as backs or attack coach and it would still look good on his CV but can say look I didnt pick the team (does coach pick it via committee or is it still blazers?)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
agree with you there

he could go as backs or attack coach and it would still look good on his CV but can say look I didnt pick the team (does coach pick it via committee or is it still blazers?)
Yeah, that worked for O'Sullivan.

Ultimately the Lions is the top of the rugby pyramid in this part of the world, players and coaches feed into it from the constituent countries the same way as the provinces feed into the Irish team
I have Bumbleflex
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
agree with you there

No way Joe would go to be number 2 to Gatland especially if they are competing for the All Blacks job down the line.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I seem to remember there being an outcry Eddie wasnt even interviewed for the All Blacks job
It would just be a minor extra notch on Joe's bedpost

I would happily put money on Gatty never getting the New Zealand job, he's going to have to get a Super Rugby job first and do well with it but IMO he thinks/is trying to go down the Graham Henry route which is no longer in operation