Richie McCaw

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Richie McCaw

Post by munster#1 »

Richie McCaw, who many believe yo be the greatest rugby player of the pro era is set to become the world's top capped international rugby player.

He is already the most capped player for a national team, but is only one cap off Ireland's Brian o driscoll.

He is likely to amass a number of caps that will never be surpassed, as he will, if fit play in nearly all of the All Blacks RWC matches, and after that who knows how long he will decide to play on.

He is the player that most nations hate, and that in itself is often a reflection of just how good a player is.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Richie McCaw

Post by simonokeeffe »

If he plays every match NZ have/can have this season he'll finish just short of 150

Parisse is 31 and has 112 caps
Alun Wyn Jones has 89 (+ 6 Lions) only 29

so he'll only have the record for a couple of years, not that its not a great achievement

Longer term youve a few 23 year olds like North, Hooper, Etzebeth with 45, 50 caps already
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

I'm pretty sure Kim Jong-un has already surpassed 250 caps.

McCaw is the greatest 7 to ever have played the game. Regardless of now many caps he gets.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

I doubt anyone will overtake his record once he calls it a day and I definitely doubt anyone will beat his record of games won which is currently 124 out of 140 caps.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

nc6000 wrote:I doubt anyone will overtake his record once he calls it a day and I definitely doubt anyone will beat his record of games won which is currently 124 out of 140 caps.
That is the record that will take some beating.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Fireworks wrote:
nc6000 wrote:I doubt anyone will overtake his record once he calls it a day and I definitely doubt anyone will beat his record of games won which is currently 124 out of 140 caps.
That is the record that will take some beating.
yeah no one is taking that

especially not Parisse
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Wasn't aware of that stat, that's unbelievable. It's basically one loss a year and that's in a team that regularly plays SA and Oz, as well as England away most (if not every) Novembers.

Hard to pick between himself and Carter but he's probably the best player I've ever seen. Carter's performance in the second test against the Lions is the best performance I've ever seen but Richie would just about get the nod for longevity.