Springboks swamped by Japanese TSUNAMI.

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Re: Springboks swamped by Japanese TSUNAMI.

Post by olaf the fat »

paddyor wrote:Thanks very informative.
No bother.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Thanks Hugonaut, that was really interesting. That does sound like a monumental mess, I'd thought it was much simpler than that. Hopefully they can sort it out, I've been over there before and thought it was great but only really saw Tokyo. It's so easy to get around and the people are great, fingers crossed they can sort it all out.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

dropkick wrote:Apparently Japan were targeting Scotland and they're supposed to be super fit. Knowing how Scotland plays, it sound like a game that could be high scoring, or at least some good attacking rugby played.
they rested 5 or 6 starters for it

Boks have changed 8 for the Samoa game, lose that and theyre out
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Looks like the Japanese band wagon has come grinding to a halt. Big defeat to the Scots.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

offshorerules wrote:Looks like the Japanese band wagon has come grinding to a halt. Big defeat to the Scots.
Mind you Lacey did the Japanese no favours either
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

rooster wrote:
offshorerules wrote:Looks like the Japanese band wagon has come grinding to a halt. Big defeat to the Scots.
Mind you Lacey did the Japanese no favours either
I thought he was very fair. Good performance to my eyes. Japanese got away with a lot against SA.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Feel sorry for Japan, they took a couple of big blows in the third quarter and I think it sucked the life out of them. Could be wrong but I suspect that fatigue wouldn't have been so much of an issue if the game hadn't started to get away from them around then.

They're absolutely brilliant off the first few phases. So much variety in terms of who steps in at ten and the options running off them, and they're so comfortable choosing an option really late and giving and taking passes under pressure. Their alignment is superb but there were a few times where I thought it would be impossible to take the ball on the run or to generate go forward but they have a brilliant ability to adjust their feet and get moving. Unfortunately they just didn't take their chances like they did against SA. They dropped some passes at crucial times but also just blew a few overlaps by going the wrong way. Missed some easy kicks too. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they won their last two games.

Expected a bit more from Scotland. They were dreadful at receiving restarts, and the half backs didn't control the game too well. They had a cutting edge but it only came about when Japan made errors and the game was broken up.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Feel sorry for Japan, they took a couple of big blows in the third quarter and I think it sucked the life out of them. Could be wrong but I suspect that fatigue wouldn't have been so much of an issue if the game hadn't started to get away from them around then.

They're absolutely brilliant off the first few phases. So much variety in terms of who steps in at ten and the options running off them, and they're so comfortable choosing an option really late and giving and taking passes under pressure. Their alignment is superb but there were a few times where I thought it would be impossible to take the ball on the run or to generate go forward but they have a brilliant ability to adjust their feet and get moving. Unfortunately they just didn't take their chances like they did against SA. They dropped some passes at crucial times but also just blew a few overlaps by going the wrong way. Missed some easy kicks too. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they won their last two games.

+1

Their technique of
ruck clear-out is also exceptional and very different. This may become One of their legacies to the game.

Excellent summary.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Thayve got some great breakdown techniques. Thry often have a guy in there just to attack the carrier's ball-holding arm (rugby ball, John, rugby ball).