Ireland: what next?

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Ireland: what next?

Post by Dave Cahill »

Of course they were dropped, but If you think that Joe is going to change the philosophy thats been successful for him for the last 5 years, then carry on. I'm bored.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

:lol: Bored = wrong

That's genuinely nuts to have a black and white definition like that, and you know it is, but of course to admit that fully (although you have partially) would be against all your beliefs.

And of course you're also ignoring that I've agreed that Payne wouldn't be the all singing all dancing fullback for Ireland that he is for Ulster. I agree with you to an extent but you're being OTT, as always.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote::lol: Bored = wrong

That's genuinely nuts to have a black and white definition like that, and you know it is, but of course to admit that fully (although you have partially) would be against all your beliefs.

And of course you're also ignoring that I've agreed that Payne wouldn't be the all singing all dancing fullback for Ireland that he is for Ulster. I agree with you to an extent but you're being OTT, as always.
Perhaps, but I'm also right, and bored, but mainly right.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

In fairness Dave, in all my years on here I don't think you've ever been wrong...in your head. No matter what evidence has been to the contrary, and it's a genuinely awful personality trait.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:In fairness Dave, in all my years on here I don't think you've ever been wrong...in your head. No matter what evidence has been to the contrary, and it's a genuinely awful personality trait.
Ah the ad hominem attack, its your usual tactic alright.

Hey, I was right about that too!
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Think of it more like constructive criticism. Doubt it's the first time you've ever heard it either.

You're right though, I do resort to that when someone is being too obdurate to debate properly. Saves me going round in circles.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Think of it more like constructive criticism. Doubt it's the first time you've ever heard it either.

You're right though, I do resort to that when someone is being too obdurate to debate properly. Saves me going round in circles.
Nah, can't be arsed.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Cured your boredom at least.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote::lol: Bored = wrong

Perhaps, but I'm also right, and bored, but mainly right.
Dave do us all a favour and stop digging or boring what ever hole you're in at the moment.
It's boring and I know the rest of us might not be that entertaining but jaysus mate you bring it to another level.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Think of it more like constructive criticism. Doubt it's the first time you've ever heard it either.

Nah, can't be arsed.
Why'd you change that comment? It was very witty in fairness and I don't say that sarcastically.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Nah, can't be arsed.
Why'd you change that comment? It was very witty in fairness and I don't say that sarcastically.
Because without knowing you, it could have been construed as being needlessly rude - I don't mind being rude mind, but needlessly, no.

So, as you didn't mind, I'll reinstate it...
Dave Cahill wrote:

You seem like a masterdebater alright
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

No I don't care at all, it does slightly ruin your point about me having a go at you though, which is actually why I thought you'd removed it.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:No I don't care at all, it does slightly ruin your point about me having a go at you though, which is actually why I thought you'd removed it.

No, I was trying to be funny, then remembered that one mans funny is another mans reason to duel so I pulled it. Like a masterdebater would.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

:lol:

With respect, that doesn't sound like a duel I want to be a part of!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

This was a case where the Squad:
* Didn't all have the same purpose on the pitch;
* Didn't all have the same intensity on the pitch;
* Didn't all have the same preparation for the game;
* Didn't all have the same desire as their opponents;
* Didn't all think that the game was important for their future in Leinster;
* Didn't all remember how they were coached to tackle and maul.

Rugby is firstly a team game, rarely played effectively by a collection of players with different objectives. For some, this was warm-up for the 6N; for others, this was a chance to make a case for selection in the next Pro12 game. For perhaps 40 mins, there was enough commonality in the objectives they shared. But Wasps had a greater intent and a clear shared objective, and it told, very brutally.

Leo should put this one in the back pocket as an experiment that did not work, in sharp contrast to last week! This is a mistake which has cost nothing but pride, and gives the opportunity to learn a lot, about selection and about some individuals.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Has to be a major concern that Sexton has sustained yet another concussion. Given his history, you would have to wonder how many concussions is enough.

Right now Jackson is starting to look good, but imo the gap between our starting half backs and our reserves is very large. To the level where I believe if with Sexton or Murray don't play against all bar Italy, then we are likely to struggle.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote:Has to be a major concern that Sexton has sustained yet another concussion. Given his history, you would have to wonder how many concussions is enough.

Right now Jackson is starting to look good, but imo the gap between our starting half backs and our reserves is very large. To the level where I believe if with Sexton or Murray don't play against all bar Italy, then we are likely to struggle.
I'd actually be more worried if Sexton plays in the six nations
He's had no form over most of the last 18 months
He shouldn't play again until after the 6Ns.
In addition there is no way he should tour South Africa either.
Big call for Joe.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

munster#1 wrote:Has to be a major concern that Sexton has sustained yet another concussion. Given his history, you would have to wonder how many concussions is enough.

Yup, SOBs absences too
And Moore's injury

Jackson still form 10 and I;d start him ahead of Madigan

Fez on the radio had interesting take on McCloskey's defence, said he's too chokey/upright/passive and doesnt have great linespeed or go looking to make big hits/knock people back/hurt them
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I would have said that the exact opposite was true of McCloskey. He doesn't sit back and use the choke to stop momentum, he tends to spot when it's on, rush up, and stop the attacker before the gain line, often driving them back. He does go for it quite a bit but he reads the situation well, unlike Sexton who tends to go high all the time.

If he does start against Wales then he's really going to have to hit the ground running. He'll probably be playing with Sexton and Henshaw for the first time, behind a pack that might struggle if our second rows don't play out of their skins, and he'll be up against Biggar, Roberts, and Davies. I've faith in him but that could be a big ask.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I would have said that the exact opposite was true of McCloskey. He doesn't sit back and use the choke to stop momentum, he tends to spot when it's on, rush up, and stop the attacker before the gain line, often driving them back. He does go for it quite a bit but he reads the situation well, unlike Sexton who tends to go high all the time.

If he does start against Wales then he's really going to have to hit the ground running. He'll probably be playing with Sexton and Henshaw for the first time, behind a pack that might struggle if our second rows don't play out of their skins, and he'll be up against Biggar, Roberts, and Davies. I've faith in him but that could be a big ask.
He can handle Roberts running straight at him, but I think the tactic theyll use a lot early on then use it as a decoy later on will be to have him worrying about the big guys running at Sexton or Jackson, and get our defence narrow (Henshaw wont just stand in no mans land at 13)
Theyre not bad players at all but neither of the Welsh centres are quick or have good hands, though JD has improved this in France

think we all know that even more than usual (for a ten) Wales would try and take Johnny out

Welsh backline will be interesting, Liam Williams is still out injured so cant see him being fully fit for February 7th. Anscombe likely to fill in, winger who is not George North another interesting call
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon