Ins & Outs for 6N training squad

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Ins & Outs for 6N training squad

Post by hugonaut »

simonokeeffe wrote:at international level McFadden is a fairly mundane winger

Conway, with emergence of new messiahs in the centres, is probably behind RK, Zebo, Payne, and Henshaw in fullback pecking order

Gilroy out for a few weeks with a fractured eyesocket so hes out
I'd have Tiernan O'Halloran decidedly ahead of Conway as a fullback. I don't really think Conway reaches the standards you'd want from your fullback in terms of positioning or even general decision-making, and his kicking game is completely underdeveloped.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

simonokeeffe wrote:balls.ie reporting Ringrosey and JVDF in the training camp starting Sunday

not full list and no Munster/Ulster players (?)
Ulster and Munster have their rearranged European games next week, so are probably exempt from the camp. Does this mean a lot of players will be rested for the trip to Ospreys?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

hugonaut wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:at international level McFadden is a fairly mundane winger

Conway, with emergence of new messiahs in the centres, is probably behind RK, Zebo, Payne, and Henshaw in fullback pecking order

Gilroy out for a few weeks with a fractured eyesocket so hes out
I'd have Tiernan O'Halloran decidedly ahead of Conway as a fullback. I don't really think Conway reaches the standards you'd want from your fullback in terms of positioning or even general decision-making, and his kicking game is completely underdeveloped.
going by the Murray Kinsella pieces Conway's lines of running/use of space not great either

if Olding can stay fit for 5 minutes he might make a play for it, RK wasnt great last night
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon