McKinlay for Italy?

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

rdsblue
Knowledgeable

McKinlay for Italy?

Post by rdsblue »

If and when Conor O'Shea takes the Italian job will he be looking to bring his fellow Leinsterman Ian McKinlay into the Italian fold? The McKinlay of four years ago was far better than any of the fly halves at Italy's disposal now. I think Ian McK will qualify on residency in 2017.
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: McKinlay for Italy?

Post by Donny B. »

Well he's only made one substitute appearance for Zebre so far, so perhaps you're getting a little ahead of yourself?

http://www.pro12rugby.com/teams/zebre/s ... 2VIRoox.97

In fact his Twitter account has him as a player with Viadana so he's maybe back there after finishing the short-term deal with Zebre?
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

rdsblue wrote:If and when Conor O'Shea takes the Italian job will he be looking to bring his fellow Leinsterman Ian McKinlay into the Italian fold? The McKinlay of four years ago was far better than any of the fly halves at Italy's disposal now. I think Ian McK will qualify on residency in 2017.
He also wouldn't be allowed to play in Ireland, England or France at present!
I have a good friend in Viadana who says he is without doubt their best player in terms of competence; he's also captain. They're having a good season (as is he) but he is not part of the Zebre squad, and AFAIK that one game was kind of a trial run.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

It's a pity because it would be a great story!
Dont Panic!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I wonder would he be invited back into the Leinster fold as cover for Mads leaving.

Always thought he was a superior 10 to Madigan back in the day. Had a few lovely cameos for us too.

Definitely would be a risk, but what a story it would be too!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

curates_egg wrote:
rdsblue wrote:If and when Conor O'Shea takes the Italian job will he be looking to bring his fellow Leinsterman Ian McKinlay into the Italian fold? The McKinlay of four years ago was far better than any of the fly halves at Italy's disposal now. I think Ian McK will qualify on residency in 2017.
He also wouldn't be allowed to play in Ireland, England or France at present!
I have a good friend in Viadana who says he is without doubt their best player in terms of competence; he's also captain. They're having a good season (as is he) but he is not part of the Zebre squad, and AFAIK that one game was kind of a trial run.
I think Ireland have said OK to the goggles.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
I think Ireland have said OK to the goggles.
They did but don't think the paperwork has gone through yet.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/i ... -1.2471644

Love this pic with another lad with the same issue..