6 Nations (Women)

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Re: 6 Nations (Women)

Postby blockhead » February 4th, 2018, 3:30 pm

Ireland looked a little better last night than they did in the World Cup, just a little. Lots of changes in the squad, 9 newcomers. Although the handling in general was better it fell apart anytime they got into the redzone. Our fullback Flood, had a bad game and let in a least 2 of their tries.
Englands title to loose.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Brian O'Driscoll

Postby Dave Cahill » November 5th, 2018, 12:12 pm

You have to admire the chutzpah of the IRFU. Less than a fortnight after the release of the Women in Rugby Action Plan they announce that Ireland's opening (home) 6 Nations fixture, against the English, will kick off at 5pm on a Friday - thus severely limiting the amount of people who can go and equally limiting the ability of those who can't go to watch the game.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy

Postby kermischocolate » November 5th, 2018, 3:09 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:You have to admire the chutzpah of the IRFU. Less than a fortnight after the release of the Women in Rugby Action Plan they announce that Ireland's opening (home) 6 Nations fixture, against the English, will kick off at 5pm on a Friday - thus severely limiting the amount of people who can go and equally limiting the ability of those who can't go to watch the game.

Any idea why that time? Is it a double header with the u20s or anything?
kermischocolate
Mullet

Postby Dave Cahill » November 5th, 2018, 4:33 pm

Under 20 matches are being played in Cork
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy

Postby the spoofer » November 6th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:You have to admire the chutzpah of the IRFU. Less than a fortnight after the release of the Women in Rugby Action Plan they announce that Ireland's opening (home) 6 Nations fixture, against the English, will kick off at 5pm on a Friday - thus severely limiting the amount of people who can go and equally limiting the ability of those who can't go to watch the game.

I'd imagine that this is so both the womens game and U20's can both be shown on TV. It's likely that the 20's will draw a much bigger TV audience.
the spoofer
Cian Healy

Postby Dave Cahill » November 6th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Well by playing it at 5 they've ensured it will. Few will be able to watch it and fewer will be able to go.

Then the next time the women get uppity the Union can say 'sure no one watches or goes to your games'. Its the Leinster women's replica kit stratagem
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy

Previous

Return to International Rugby