France V Ireland 6Ns 2016

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Re: France V Ireland 6Ns 2016

Post by Golf Man »

FLIP wrote:
Golf Man wrote:In other news we have the lowest no of tries, the joint lowest no of offloads (3 with Wales) and the second lowest number of linebreaks (7 just ahead of Wales on 5)

Stander has the ost carries of any player so far (42) just ahead of Vunipola (who has far more metres 113 v 51)
Faletau has the most tackles with 33 , ahead of Heaslip 31 (notable that Stander is 3rd here with 27)

Backs not considered dur to being backs
Wales, England and France have all played one of Scotland and/or Italy which makes such comparisons absolutely useless until the end of the tournament.
I really really wouldn't be lumping Scotland in with Italy atm - that a huge potentiabana skin for us imo

Surely makes Standers numbers in particular more impressive?

The team ones - entirely justifaiable to compare after two rounds
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Payne played on with a grade 1 hamstring tear! SOB out with a grade 2 hamstring tear
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

flustered wrote:Payne played on with a grade 1 hamstring tear! SOB out with a grade 2 hamstring tear

who says project players arent committed
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Maestri gets a virtual slap on the wrist, which I'm sure he's very upset about:
http://www.the42.ie/yoann-maestri-sexto ... 6-Feb2016/

Does anyone know when the deadline passes for citings for Six Nations matches? I can't find anything on the interweb. I'll be a bit sickened if Guirado doesn't get a call.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Made Of Ale wrote:Maestri gets a virtual slap on the wrist, which I'm sure he's very upset about:
http://www.the42.ie/yoann-maestri-sexto ... 6-Feb2016/

Does anyone know when the deadline passes for citings for Six Nations matches? I can't find anything on the interweb. I'll be a bit sickened if Guirado doesn't get a call.
may as well paint a target on Sexton now

Guirado will probably skate

my paranoia sense is tingling
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

This is what happens when you roll over and accept bad refereeing. You keep on getting bent over the barrel.

Let's remember, both Wales and New Zealand got years of favourable refereeing because their fans and media had the pure guts to complain.
Anyone But New Zealand
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

FLIP wrote:This is what happens when you roll over and accept bad refereeing. You keep on getting bent over the barrel.

Let's remember, both Wales and New Zealand got years of favourable refereeing because their fans and media had the pure guts to complain.
they just complain about everything

NZ have wanted to ban scrums and mauls at various points

Crazy thing for me is, best ref int he world was running the touch line at the weekend, after having previous round off to boot
SaS
Bookworm

Post by SaS »

simonokeeffe wrote:
FLIP wrote:This is what happens when you roll over and accept bad refereeing. You keep on getting bent over the barrel.

they just complain about everything

NZ have wanted to ban scrums and mauls at various points

Crazy thing for me is, best ref int he world was running the touch line at the weekend, after having previous round off to boot
But the same best ref in the world saw the challenges on Sexton and Kearney and didn't feel the need to intervene...
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

SOB got correctly banned in WC for hitting Pape an oul puck which was nothing near as serious as the hit on JS or as dangerous as the assault on DK
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

They said the hit on Sexton "fell just short" of a red card. And it was short of a red card but, in my opinion, it could well have been a yellow and saying it was just short of red would seem to indicate they thought so too.

I didn't think the hit on DK was marginal though, I really think he was very lucky not to get a card for that.

There was also a suspicious lack of replays on the hit that took Sexton out,
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

We should have won, we did not put enough points on the board when we were dominant so we are to blame for that we were in control of that but I did think the ref missed a lot there was also one incident in the first half around half way which was never replayed where a French player led with the shoulder at a ruck that I think it was CJ was about to turn over, it was as clear as day he just dropped sideways into it. No replay so no hulabaloo. On the pitch we decided to let the ref deal with the incidents of foul play which he did by doing nothing.

Instead of Nige getting involved after a TMO has ruled correctly he maybe should have intervened on incidents that were actually missed.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Sometimes a less diplomatic approach achieves results.
While POM is often slagged off for his "Mr Angry" displays, you can be sure if any of our players reacted likewise to the tackle on Kearney that the tackle would have been reviewed and would have drawn a red/yellow card. If the ref (law) isn't going to protect you .......
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

All Blacks nil wrote:Sometimes a less diplomatic approach achieves results.
While POM is often slagged off for his "Mr Angry" displays, you can be sure if any of our players reacted likewise to the tackle on Kearney that the tackle would have been reviewed and would have drawn a red/yellow card. If the ref (law) isn't going to protect you .......
Kind of agree with you here. A bit of collar grabbing and angry face would've brought more attention to it. I thought during the game that Best needed to get in the refs ear a bit more too.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

SaS wrote:But the same best ref in the world saw the challenges on Sexton and Kearney and didn't feel the need to intervene...
Peyper saw the Maestri hit as it was two yards away and went to TMO

IIRC DK hit was far side of play from Owens
All Blacks nil wrote:Sometimes a less diplomatic approach achieves results.
play moved on though but you could be righ
not that you want this in rugby but part of the problem was DK got up and played on whereas if he had have stayed down on the spot it was more likely to be checked
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

jimbobjoe wrote:
Kind of agree with you here. A bit of collar grabbing and angry face would've brought more attention to it. I thought during the game that Best needed to get in the refs ear a bit more too.
I saw Heaslip talking to the ref more than Best in the second half. I thought Best was too quiet in the Wales game too.
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

the game of rugby is on a knife edge. If refs refuse to deal with assaults on the pitch as in the French match, then there is little future for the game. The outcome of so many appeals is a joke also - there needs to be no mitigation rather a good chance that the sentence for any foul play can be increased.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

hyperbole aside Guirado has escaped hasnt he?
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

simonokeeffe wrote:hyperbole aside Guirado has escaped hasnt he?
Looks like it. I wonder has it anything to do with him apparently being needed by Toulon as Orioli is injured.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

simonokeeffe wrote:hyperbole aside Guirado has escaped hasnt he?
More surprised with that one that the Maestri one. I don't think that Maestri's was a straight red card offense in any circumstance - a yellow all day long, but not a red.

You could make a strong argument that Guirado's high tackle should have been a straight red: a high and dangerous tackle that injured a player to the point where he had to leave the game and will miss multiple matches. When you consider the yellow card given against Peter Claffey in the U20s game against Wales, the mind absolutely boggles.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

World Rugby hates Dave Kearney - hes been torpedoed, dropped on his head and kicked in the head for a grand total of three weeks suspension to the culprits
I have Bumbleflex