Ireland Team for ABs

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

matt
Graduate

Re: Ireland Team for ABs

Post by matt »

Was away so only got to see full match early this morning. Magnificent performance by everybody who played and the likes of Murray, Henshaw, Mc Grath are now close to best in the world in their positions. Also Rob Kearney fully justified selection with a towering performance.

Everyone knows Saturday week we will still be outsiders and no matter what it is a month to remember but a second win in terms of world ranking, lions selection and overall respect from abroad would be just stratospheric. They will be extra determined but we have a chance though and that is huge motivation to bring things to a whole new level.

Would think JVDF is in pole position for NZ to replace a very unlucky Jordi (who did very well and hopefully is back soon) and SOB & POM to fight it out for place on bench. Also assuming Henderson not fit. Would think Carbury & Ringrose would retain bench spots ahead of the returning Jackson & Earls but may depend on Canada game where I expect O'Halloran, Earls, Marshall, Ringrose, Gilroy, Carbury, Marmion, Healy, Cronin, Bealham, Holland, Dillane, O'Brien, O'Mahony(capt), Ruddock at no 8 with Subs Kilcoyne, Tracy, Ryan, McCarthy/Kearney or Henderson, Leavy, L.McGrath, Jackson, Sweetman.

Bearing in mind NZ and Australia still to come in November would be very surprised if any of first 15 play against Canada especially as we could be on the brink of even higher milestones.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

simonokeeffe wrote:Thought it was already announced Jackson was rejoining? At worst he wasnt dropped from the squad

Joe said Retallick is back for the return game. Looks like no Whitelock, not sure on Romano
I would imagine Romano will be back as he went home due to a family bereavement. I'm actually happy, if we do beat them again, I don't want them to have the second-row issue as an excuse!
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Thought it was already announced Jackson was rejoining? At worst he wasnt dropped from the squad

Joe said Retallick is back for the return game. Looks like no Whitelock, not sure on Romano
I would imagine Romano will be back as he went home due to a family bereavement. I'm actually happy, if we do beat them again, I don't want them to have the second-row issue as an excuse!
Think Dane Coles suffered for a lack of jumpers. I'd want POM back in the team to go after their lineout. Would like to see a relatively penalty free hit out from SOB v Canada before recalling him
Doubt Henderson will be back in time. Personally I'd give Ringrose a start to give NZ a different set of problems and evolve our gameplan a bit more; cant rely on Conor Murray so much or the same gameplan for bigger packs eg England

Bad news is we have a SH ref albeit Peyper
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Peg Leg wrote:Game v Montpelier should have put RK's lack of form in lights for Joe. Never mind THE missed tackle, the one moment that sticks with me was them spilling the ball in our 22, Rob collects with acres of space to his right and the entire backline outside him (possibly embellished detail), their attacking line was so deep and narrow, but rob picked the ball, feigned left, crabbed right, put the head down, made contact, killed all momentum and potential. Focking frustrating. I HOPE HE MAKES US ALL EAT OUR WORDS
I'M SORRY ROB, NEVER SHOULD HAVE DOUBTED YOUR CAPACITY TO DELIVER.... and apologies for taking so long to apologise but I couldn't find my original post, due to all the egg on my face.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Bravo