Shane Horgan

Re: Ireland Team for ABs

Post by RoboProp »

I'm so glad we beat them before the world ends on Wednesday
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Don't want to focus on individuals in what was a incredible team performance but...
Murray was exceptional, simply brilliant.
Zebo has showed a lot of improvement this year and he was outstanding last night, what a catch.
Sexton's kicks to touch were humungous
Henshaw and Payne rock solid.
Carberry, I mean, who is this kid?
Farrell, our defence was world class, what an aquisition.
Rory, take a bow, remember the last time we played them and he broke his arm but he still hit a few rucks before being taken off? legend. He's bled in vain for Ulster but now he is an immortal, the first man to captain Ireland to victory over the ABs, before the game they were calling them the greatest team of all time.
12 Leinster guys on the pitch last night, I feel giddy.
Nov. 5th 2016, Ireland-Leinster-Leeds Utd, what a day!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Did I dream that?
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

blockhead wrote:Don't want to focus on individuals in what was a incredible team performance but...
Murray was exceptional, simply brilliant.
Zebo has showed a lot of improvement this year and he was outstanding last night, what a catch.
Sexton's kicks to touch were humungous
Henshaw and Payne rock solid.
Carberry, I mean, who is this kid?
Farrell, our defence was world class, what an aquisition.
Rory, take a bow, remember the last time we played them and he broke his arm but he still hit a few rucks before being taken off? legend. He's bled in vain for Ulster but now he is an immortal, the first man to captain Ireland to victory over the ABs, before the game they were calling them the greatest team of all time.
12 Leinster guys on the pitch last night, I feel giddy.
Nov. 5th 2016, Ireland-Leinster-Leeds Utd, what a day!
+1- including Leeds. If the world does end with the final Trump on Wednesday at least we had this Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Carbery is a feckin freak.
Almost the first thing the guy did on his international debut with 20 mins to go against the All Blacks was put in a ROG esque kick behind Savea that bounced out.
His experiences over the last month will stand to him.
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

A wonderful display..
Was listening to Paul Grayson commentary, said Zebo looked like he fell from about 10 stories making that catch!
Great to see R Kearney back to playing his best.
Wonderful attacking and defensive display using pretty much all areas of the game.
NZ had a bit of an off day, but with O'Brien and O'Mahony back and pushing hard for selection, Dublin seems possible..
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Internet wasn't working in the house this morning and just for a second in the misty mindedness that comes from having too many libations I honestly thought it was all a dream but what a dream.....
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Yup, serious dent in the yellow spot was noted this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

CiaranIrl wrote:Image
I don't see Easterby or Joe.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Absolutely vamazing result, and one that I like many, did not see coming. This is a time I am so happy to have been proven very wrong.

That Irish display was just like the Munster display v Glasgow.
They played as a unit, for each other and with each other. When the made hits the got back on their feet looking for more work.

Stander said that at around 60 mins he felt very tired, but was spurred on by Axel.
Very fitting that that result is a role reversal of when Axel played against the all blacks, same score line but the other way around.

With Jackson, pom, earls and sob to return, we will have a stronger squad for the next game.
Can we beat them 2 in a row? Well anything is possible.

Finally Munster and Ireland can claim to have beaten the mighty all blacks.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

munster#1 wrote:Absolutely vamazing result, and one that I like many, did not see coming. This is a time I am so happy to have been proven very wrong.

They played as a unit, for each other and with each other. When the made hits the got back on their feet looking for more work.

Stander said that at around 60 mins he felt very tired, but was spurred on by Axel.
Very fitting that that result is a role reversal of when Axel played against the all blacks, same score line but the other way around.

With Jackson, pom, earls and sob to return, we will have a stronger squad for the next game.

Actually this is a first. All Blacks beaten in a proper test match.
Alone it stands, for 2 weeks anyway.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Any ATT invites?
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

fourthirtythree wrote:New Zealand are like Glasgow? What a bitter little post.

That was an Ireland test match.
Cop on and grow up.

I never once compared the teams.

What a bitter little poster.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote:Absolutely vamazing result, and one that I like many, did not see coming. This is a time I am so happy to have been proven very wrong.

You're probably right about pom earls and sob making a return for the Canada game.
After that can't see it tbh.
Who would you drop to bring sob and pom in.
Ditto earls.
BTW Munster and Glasgow are club teams not international teams.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschool wrote:

You're probably right about pom earls and sob making a return for the Canada game.
Ditto earls.
Jordie is out for the next all blacks game, so either of sob or pom will be on the bench at least.

Earls will probably come in for ringrose on the bench.

I am aware of the level that Munster and Glasgow play at, and I thought it was clear that I was referring to work rate, passion and intensity of the games rather than the level.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

munster#1 wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Ditto earls.
Jordie is out for the next all blacks game, so either of sob or pom will be on the bench at least.

Earls will probably come in for ringrose on the bench.

I am aware of the level that Munster and Glasgow play at, and I thought it was clear that I was referring to work rate, passion and intensity of the games rather than the level.
I think it will depend on how they all go against Canada. If SOB and POM are fully fit and have good games it will be a very tough call. I can see Ringrose starting at 13 in with Earls on the wing and if they both go well that is another tough call. I only really see Earls as a wing which would be a problem for him being included but Joe seems to think he can cover other positions and who am I to argue.

I wonder if Jackson will be back and if not who gets called in with Joey for 10 cover.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Fireworks wrote:
I wonder if Jackson will be back and if not who gets called in with Joey for 10 cover.
Madser is free but out injured for a month. Keatley?
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

johng wrote:
Fireworks wrote:
Madser is free but out injured for a month. Keatley?
Keatley probably more likely than Steenson (anyone know how he is going at the moment). I am sure I have missed a few names but the next level down is getting close to academy level.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Thought it was already announced Jackson was rejoining? At worst he wasnt dropped from the squad

Joe said Retallick is back for the return game. Looks like no Whitelock, not sure on Romano
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon