Ireland Team for ABs

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Ireland Team for ABs

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The biggest dividend will be confidence to every player in the Irish Depth Chart and beyond. We have genuine competition in almost every position and every Irish qualified player will look at the performances in his numbered shirt tonight and believe he could have been there and done the job, if they had the opportunity.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The biggest dividend will be confidence to every player in the Irish Depth Chart and beyond. We have genuine competition in almost every position and every Irish qualified player will look at the performances in his numbered shirt tonight and believe he could have been there and done the job, if they had the opportunity.
Having a good year in the AIL? This time next year Rodney you could be tossing a 30 yard pass with the game on the line vs New Zealand.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

And absolutely nailing it.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

CiaranIrl wrote:Image
Any chance you could post the other half of that photo. :)
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Take a bow Andy Farrell.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Oldschool wrote:
Actually that photo is pretty encouraging from a Jordi Murphy pont of view....
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Things joe is likely to say: yeah andy some good things, but a world class defence coach doesn't celebrate giving up 4 tries
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Eh, that ball placement for the last try there robbie. How happy would you be with that yourself?
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Do you think we could have done a bit more to help that violinist lads?
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Oldschool wrote:
No idea who it comes through like that. Right click and open in new tab will give the full picture.

Schmidt in the press conference said knee ligament damage for jordi.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

jezzer wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:Against South Africa and against Munster this season, it seems that Jordi was given the job to tackle everything in sight and he did it very effectively. I'd imagine that's what he has been tasked with for tomorrow. Can't see us poaching much ball at rucktime though with him and Stander as the flankers.
Fully agree. We're obviously planning to chop down the NZ carriers at source and Jordi is in to do that job. As I said in an earlier post his selection looks like a tactical move. It's not the direction I would go, I don't think.

All the selections point to a high accuracy, strangling gameplan. This idea we can stay in touch, then pit our bench against theirs and pull a late rabbit out of the hat runs pretty much contrary to the typical plan for beating NZ, especially the current hyper-fit version.

We proved the aggressive, positive, attacking template in the summer and we lost the series by going into our shells and getting defensive in test 2. Surely we could be building on that with a similar mindiet. It may still happen, but the personnel don't make the most of that mindset.
Good call
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
blues_fan
Knowledgeable

Post by blues_fan »

'Grats to Ireland. I'm actually happy it was Ireland to break the streak, and in some style. When your team gets hammered like that you just have to admire it.

Here's to another 100 years :twisted: :evil:
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Disgusting Leinster bias in that photo. Typical Joe.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

blues_fan wrote:'Grats to Ireland. I'm actually happy it was Ireland to break the streak, and in some style. When your team gets hammered like that you just have to admire it.

Cheers Bluesfan. Here's to another two weeks :P
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

blues_fan wrote:'Grats to Ireland. I'm actually happy it was Ireland to break the streak, and in some style. When your team gets hammered like that you just have to admire it.

Well said a chara.
Must say the way those all blacks genuinely congratulated the Irish players at the end was high class. That side really are a credit to New Zealand. Dublin will be a fantastic occasion too and it's safe to assume there will be a response from your men.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Amazing. I was almost certain 2013 was just deja vu and it was happening all over again but the determination in the last 10 minutes is something I've never seen from an Ireland team before. As someone said on twitter... the best part about it was that we weren't perfect. There's so much more for Ireland and I can't wait.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

on another note.. anyone know where i can download the game.. I don't have a dvr and I'm already itching for a rewatch!!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

It's on free view on channel 423 on sky half time now
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

CiaranIrl wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
No idea who it comes through like that. Right click and open in new tab will give the full picture.

Schmidt in the press conference said knee ligament damage for jordi.
WITHOUT ANY DOUBT POST OF THE CENTURY
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Oldschool wrote: WITHOUT ANY DOUBT POST OF THE CENTURY
I may or may not have been drinking... Best hangover ever this morning though.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”