Autumn Internationals 2016 (other teams)

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Autumn Internationals 2016 (other teams)

Post by Oldschool »

Jaco has found his YCs What a joke to YC that and not a lot of the stuff NZ did.
Jaco should be retired 72 mins.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

JJ runs in a try with 5 mins left. 37-21.

The major downside to that is it'll take RTÉ sting out of Cheika's rage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

So yet again England play cr@p for 30 mins but opposition don't take advantage and then England get confident and opposition fall apart.

England favourites for 6N.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Twist wrote:Think Yarde knocked that forward, but anyone know what the laws state about a situation where both defender and attacker get downward pressure on the ball simultaneously?

Just to point out that there is no downward pressure necessary to score a try. Simulataneous contact - ball and ground, ball and player.

In the case of a simultantaneous grounding, if there is no way of telling which side got the touchdown, then a five metre attacking scrum should be awarded in line with where the ball was grounded
I have Bumbleflex
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Twist wrote:So he gives DHP a yellow for that but the shoulder to Henshaw's head didn't warrant one?

I thought Brown deserved an Oscar for that one, went down like a sack of spuds.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Ruckedtobits wrote:So yet again England play cr@p for 30 mins but opposition don't take advantage and then England get confident and opposition fall apart.

England favourites for 6N.
I haven't been impressed with England in November tbh. Thought it was a massive step down from the 6N and the summer. I'd expect them their performances to improve again in the 6N though and suspect that they'd have been better recently if they'd played NZ. The opposition have all been poor and they rarely got out of second gear as a result, even when down to 14 last week.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Twist wrote:Think Yarde knocked that forward, but anyone know what the laws state about a situation where both defender and attacker get downward pressure on the ball simultaneously?

Just to point out that there is no downward pressure necessary to score a try. Simulataneous contact - ball and ground, ball and player.

In the case of a simultantaneous grounding, if there is no way of telling which side got the touchdown, then a five metre attacking scrum should be awarded in line with where the ball was grounded
Makes sense, cheers

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Fitzgibbon was TMO.
Does this mean he's been lined up to ref his first (I presume ) international.
If so then we should all give thanks to god he's Irish
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Brown was as usual a disgrace faking injury there. Yarde's try was a farce, obvious knock-on.

On the positive side, England look very beatable for us in the 6 Nations. Don't get me wrong, they're a formidable side and deserve to be number 2 in the world. But they remind me of the 2012-2015 Saracens - powerful, defend well, good kickers and a bit of pace thrown in. But if the 'python' games doesn't work, they can get exposed badly. You just have to be very good to expose them because they're rather effective at the python game. I think Ireland, at home and on form, can play with enough accuracy, power and intensity to blow apart England's (very effective) constriction game, like Toulon and Clermont did to Saracens from 2012-2015.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

neiliog93 wrote:Brown was as usual a disgrace faking injury there. Yarde's try was a farce, obvious knock-on.

On the positive side, England look very beatable for us in the 6 Nations. Don't get me wrong, they're a formidable side and deserve to be number 2 in the world. But they remind me of the 2012-2015 Saracens - powerful, defend well, good kickers and a bit of pace thrown in. But if the 'python' games doesn't work, they can get exposed badly. You just have to be very good to expose them because they're rather effective at the python game. I think Ireland, at home and on form, can play with enough accuracy, power and intensity to blow apart England's (very effective) constriction game, like Toulon and Clermont did to Saracens from 2012-2015.
That sums it up well.
I wouldn't say very beatable but beatable yes.
OZ were knackered in the second half and that had a lot to do with the physical fatigue coming through from last week added to the end of a long season for them.
Well done to England for going unbeaten thru the year.
Dan Cole still looks like a peno or act of stupid about to happen.
I hope Jones keeps picking him.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Absolutely vital that England keep believing their media fan club. Based on what we saw today, Joe's insistence on precision rather than just energy, will enable us to overcome their physique and speed. Wingers and centres are undoubtedly quick and back five of pack are big strong boys but Australia showed for 50 mins how to puncture their gain-line. However, finishing was sloppy and once off the hook. England prospered against tiring Aussies.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

some BS phrasing of Peyper to TMO too, first referral at leats shouldve been any reason not to award a try, England should have shipped cards for red zone penalties too, Peyper just doesnt want to make big decisions
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

simonokeeffe wrote:some BS phrasing of Peyper to TMO too, first referral at leats shouldve been any reason not to award a try, England should have shipped cards for red zone penalties too, Peyper just doesnt want to make big decisions
Yeah I couldn't believe that England didnt pick up a card. They should have got one early on near the posts (there were a few incidents around there) which surely would have led to more points. Joseph's try should have been called back for an Oz penalty near halfway, and there was a blatant forward pass in the lead up to Youngs's try.

I know England were much better in the second half but still thought Australia were robbed.

Nathan Hughes was pretty good but he's no Billy V, thought they really missed him yesterday. At least they have time to prepare for the next games without him.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:some BS phrasing of Peyper to TMO too, first referral at leats shouldve been any reason not to award a try, England should have shipped cards for red zone penalties too, Peyper just doesnt want to make big decisions
Yeah I couldn't believe that England didnt pick up a card. They should have got one early on near the posts (there were a few incidents around there) which surely would have led to more points. Joseph's try should have been called back for an Oz penalty near halfway, and there was a blatant forward pass in the lead up to Youngs's try.

I know England were much better in the second half but still thought Australia were robbed.

Nathan Hughes was pretty good but he's no Billy V, thought they really missed him yesterday. At least they have time to prepare for the next games without him.
Ford especially seems to just farm offside penalties. Catch 22 is if they move Farrell to 10 then theyve only bosh merchants at 12

Nathan Hughes ('s physique) is in incredible shape now compared to when we played Wasps but again theyre now a bit stuck at 20

Joe will have surely flagged how much Ben Youngs dummies too

SH refs by edict or not just dont like penalties for persistent infringements (near the line)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Oldschool wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Whether he got it down or not, Fitzgibbon said that the ball never left his left hand...and that is blatantly not true. Another absolute farce of a call from a TMO.
That's how I saw it too tbh.
just got around to watching this last night and there is no way Yarde had his hand on the ball continuously. FitzGibbon the one-man game wrecking machine strikes again.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

As an aside, when Sky dragged in Gatty for the back-and-forther with "Sir" Clive I thought he sounded like he was caught in the headlights. Plus, his blazer was massive - either he's shrunk or he should fire his tailor.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

domhnallj wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Whether he got it down or not, Fitzgibbon said that the ball never left his left hand...and that is blatantly not true. Another absolute farce of a call from a TMO.
That's how I saw it too tbh.
just got around to watching this last night and there is no way Yarde had his hand on the ball continuously. FitzGibbon the one-man game wrecking machine strikes again.
Does it matter whether his hand was on the ball continuously though?
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

That seems to be the matter of discussion between the officials. If his hand touched the ball and then came off it then its a knock-on if the ball travels forward? Unless someone knows different?

Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

But if he gathers it in the other hand before it touches the ground or another player, I would think it's okay as is the case in normal play.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Laighin Break wrote:But if he gathers it in the other hand before it touches the ground or another player, I would think it's okay as is the case in normal play.
Ah! Get you now. I think it did but reflecting on the matter I wouldn't bet the house on it.