Post by Twist »

Tháinig ár lá

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Ireland heve beaten the All Blacks

Post by CiaranIrl »

Fan with smartphone wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:I'm just hoping Joe says no to any Lions approaches we need to stay focused on team Ireland here and build for RWC 2019 with some good 6N in between, dare I say it maybe even having a tilt at another grand slam but at least a championship win, keep Lansdowne full and keep the finances coming in to fund the whole system.
He'd be mad to get involved there. Not sure I would want sexton or seanie O'Brien anywhere near it either. Or Healy. Or Jack McGrath actually who has been playing massive rugby for a long time now. Or the way it's going andy Farrell or Stuart Lancaster either for that matter. Lancaster would be out of contract actually, but if he is going to stay here then it would be good to sign up and if so the lions is way too much of a sidetrack to be able to do your primary job well.
Not sure I want many Irish out there at all. As few as possible.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime. Magic.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

What a day, what a game, what a team. RoboPop always wanted us to beat NZ, he loved the Kiwis as a people having lived there for some years. Loved how they played the game, still didn't dampen his desire to see us put one over them. I was wiping away the tears when the whistle went, trying so hard not to bellow with joy, didn't want to wake the kids you see . Then it occurs to me, they're never going to know what it's like for Ireland to be victory less against the ABs, and that's all right by me.
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

RoboProp wrote:What a day, what a game, what a team. RoboPop always wanted us to beat NZ, he loved the Kiwis as a people having lived there for some years. Loved how they played the game, still didn't dampen his desire to see us put one over them. I was wiping away the tears when the whistle went, trying so hard not to bellow with joy, didn't want to wake the kids you see . Then it occurs to me, they're never going to know what it's like for Ireland to be victory less against the ABs, and that's all right by me.
I got 'you break it you bought it, he's stirring in here'
Wife got back 'were beating the &$):ing all blacks, he should be watching it with me!'
Wife didn't agree that it was important for a 6 month old or that I was competent at child care at that moment.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Jaysus, they see two episodes of Dr. Phil and they think they have the expertise to judge you unable to care for a six month old just because you are half drunk and hysterically shouting at pictures on a telly to just make the fuvkin tackle...

What is the world coming to?

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Looks like Joe was right to turn down the Lions gig to get a better shot at NZ

Hansen said afterwards they tried really hard to get him to coach one of the Super Rugby sides

I assume we sky rocket in the rankings now?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

We'll only go up one switching with Wales i think. Gets very tight between Oz, SA and Ireland after that so could see some switching in the next few weeks.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Yep we only pass Wales. How the fock are we behind Wales? 3 beltings in Nz v a win in SA
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:Yep we only pass Wales. How the fock are we behind Wales? 3 beltings in Nz v a win in SA
our lousy 6n?

how are SA so high up too? They should slide after losing to England (for certain) and Wales (probably). Guess we'll just have to beat Australia and NZ again :D

RWC seedings done in May so advantage is on our side for overhauling Boks
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

What a great win. I didn't think beforehand that we had a chance and I thought it was all over when our lead was cut to 4 points. I was just waiting for them to take the lead and kick on from there.

Carbery is looking like he will be some player for Leinster and Ireland for years to come.
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Jaysus, they see two episodes of Dr. Phil and they think they have the expertise to judge you unable to care for a six month old just because you are half drunk and hysterically shouting at pictures on a telly to just make the fuvkin tackle...

What is the world coming to?

Half drunk?
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

Alone it stood
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

johng wrote:Yep we only pass Wales. How the fock are we behind Wales? 3 beltings in Nz v a win in SA
I swear there are times around here when it feels like you're talking to the wall!!! (And no that's not aimed specifically at you John- you just happened to write the post I'm responding to)

Because New Zealand were more than 10 points ahead of Wales the losses effectively meant nothing. Also, we won the first game against SA and lost the next two so gave back some of the points we'd won - would have been MUCH better for us to lose first two and win third.

Current rankings:
1. BNZ 94.57 (-2.00)
2. ENG 89.49
3. AUS 86.86 (+ 1.52)
4. RSA 84.85
5. IRL 83.67 (+2.00)
6. ARG 81.46 (+1.15)
7. WAL 80.79 (-1.52)
8. FRA 80.75
9. SCO 80.44
10. FIJ 75.49
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

neilinboston wrote: Half drunk?
Fully drunk?
Slightly tipsy?
Stone cold sober?
High on life?

None of my business?

Maybe it's the incoherent shouting at the telly?

I'm not here to judge...
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Xanthippe wrote:
I swear there are times around here when it feels like you're talking to the wall!!! (And no that's not aimed specifically at you John- you just happened to write the post I'm responding to)

Because New Zealand were more than 10 points ahead of Wales the losses effectively meant nothing. Also, we won the first game against SA and lost the next two so gave back some of the points we'd won - would have been MUCH better for us to lose first two and win third.

Current rankings:
1. BNZ 94.57 (-2.00)
2. ENG 89.49
3. AUS 86.86 (+ 1.52)
4. RSA 84.85
5. IRL 83.67 (+2.00)
6. ARG 81.46 (+1.15)
7. WAL 80.79 (-1.52)
8. FRA 80.75
9. SCO 80.44
10. FIJ 75.49
Reading that, I can almost hear the tone in your voice! But it is frustrating that the system means that our greatest day doesn't result in International elevation, or do I really mean adulation?
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Wouldn't care too much about the rankings at this stage. Lots of rugby to be played and they have very little impact.
lotmc wrote:Alone it stood
:)
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

It won't be tight for long. Wales are on a downward trajectory while it's looking like the start of a new golden generation for Irish rugby.

That might sound arrogant but at some stage the pro12 dominance will filter up to the international stage and it looks like happening now.

I think the win against the ABs will give the team a massive boost psychologically, which will help performances.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

I love how Donncha Ryan seeks out Jordi straight after. There's a man who knows the heartbreak of a bad injury. Top bloke.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”