Ireland heve beaten the All Blacks

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

jezzer
Rob Kearney

Re: Ireland heve beaten the All Blacks

Post by jezzer »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Thought the same. Aside from the dropped catch I thought he was excellent. Plus there's nobody else who I'd rather have tackling Savea.

We also scored 5 tries against the All Blacks so not overly worried about our attack.
OK. I saw it differently with Trimble. We did score 5 tries, but we got the opportunities for those off NZ errors and/or penalties in general. If they clean up their error count, which history says they will, it logically follows we'll have to find opportunities in different ways. That doesn't necessarily mean a change of personnel, maybe just a slightly altered gameplan with the same 15. But I think we'll need a little more cutting edge and I don't think sacrificing Trimble for it is a big risk.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

to jump ahead a little Australia have named/retained a full strength side from last week to play Scotland, so they either rotate for France next week or field a much changed or indeed knackered side against us the following week
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

simonokeeffe wrote:to jump ahead a little Australia have named/retained a full strength side from last week to play Scotland, so they either rotate for France next week or field a much changed or indeed knackered side against us the following week
they've to play England the week after they play us too. Kamikaze tour
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:to jump ahead a little Australia have named/retained a full strength side from last week to play Scotland, so they either rotate for France next week or field a much changed or indeed knackered side against us the following week
they've to play England the week after they play us too. Kamikaze tour
Yee gads man

Definitely playing the dirt trackers against France so, or Cheika has gone mad
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

jezzer wrote:We did score 5 tries, but we got the opportunities for those off NZ errors and/or penalties in general. If they clean up their error count, which history says they will, it logically follows we'll have to find opportunities in different ways.
You could argue that with most tries, and certainly with some of NZ tries against us, thay they come, in one way or another, from errors. Errors usually come from pressure and there's nothing to say they won't commit them again if we can put on the same pressure.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

jezzer wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Thought the same. Aside from the dropped catch I thought he was excellent. Plus there's nobody else who I'd rather have tackling Savea.

We also scored 5 tries against the All Blacks so not overly worried about our attack.
OK. I saw it differently with Trimble. We did score 5 tries, but we got the opportunities for those off NZ errors and/or penalties in general. If they clean up their error count, which history says they will, it logically follows we'll have to find opportunities in different ways. That doesn't necessarily mean a change of personnel, maybe just a slightly altered gameplan with the same 15. But I think we'll need a little more cutting edge and I don't think sacrificing Trimble for it is a big risk.
I think Liam Toland agrees with me in the IT today but, as usual with Liam, there's no important point he can't waffle himself out of.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/i ... -1.2863244