Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Canada Test 12/11/16, 19:15

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Indo saying the team is

T O'Halloran; K Earls, G Ringrose, L Marshall, C Gilroy; P Jackson, K Marmion; C Healy, S Cronin, F Bealham; U Dillane, B Holland; P O'Mahony, J van der Flier, S O'Brien.

Replacements: J Tracy, D Kilcoyne, J Ryan, I Henderson, D Leavy, L McGrath, J Carbery, N Adeoloken
Thornley has the same 23 (well he has the same 22 and one typo) but he has Henderson starting with Holland on the bench. His typo is having Jack McGrath as the replacement scrum-half.
Indo had no no23

IMO starting Hendo a bit of an unnecessary rush

ANything less than putting 50 points on them will be a poor result, same for allowing more than one DTHVDM consolation try
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Neither Dillane or Henderson call the LO, whereas Billy Holland calls it for Munster and did opposition LO in training. It'll be him.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Team: O'Halloran, Gilroy, Ringrose, Marshall, Earls, Jackson, Marmion; Healy, Cronin, Bealham, Holland, Dillane, O'Mahony, O'Brien, O'Donoghue

Bench: Tracy, Kilcoyne, Ryan J, Ryan D, Leavy, McGrath L, Carbery, Adeolokun
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Ireland (v Canada):

15. Tiernan O’Halloran
14. Craig Gilroy
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Luke Marshall
11. Keith Earls
10. Paddy Jackson
9. Kieran Marmion

1. Cian Healy
2. Sean Cronin
3. Finlay Bealham
4. Ultan Dillane
5. Billy Holland
6. Peter O’Mahony (captain)
7. Sean O’Brien
8. Jack O’Donoghue

Replacements:

16. James Tracy
17. Dave Kilcoyne
18. John Ryan
19. Donnacha Ryan
20. Dan Leavy
21. Luke McGrath
22. Joey Carbery
23. Niyi Adeolokun
The 42.ie announced it with Ryan on the bench. I'd trust them over that rag anyday.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Good team. 8 new caps assuming all subs will be used. I'll be annoyed if we don't rack up 50 points in this.
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

cormac wrote:Team: O'Halloran, Gilroy, Ringrose, Marshall, Earls, Jackson, Marmion; Healy, Cronin, Bealham, Holland, Dillane, O'Mahony, O'Brien, O'Donoghue

Good team, very experienced pack and serious pace in the back-three. Personally would have preferred Sweetman on the bench ahead of Adeolokun but considering Munster are playing the Maori's I suppose it's understandable. I reckon Sweetman has more football and a higher ceiling than Niyi, plus I would be worried about him defensively and in the air.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by erskinechilders

I reckon Sweetman has more football and a higher ceiling than Niyi, plus I would be worried about him defensively and in the air.
Niyi has more experience and defensively has being superb for Connacht the last season and most of this one. He doesn't do much in the air because that's not how Connacht play but you shouldn't worry in the slightest he'll kick ass.

A very exciting back three for Ireland with TOH, Gilroy and Niyi who are seriously attack minded. Marshall and Ringrose will also be an intriguing partnership to watch. I think they could mesh perfectly. Really looking forward to this game I hope the new blood give Joe a serious headache for next week in terms of selection.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

sunshiner1 wrote:
by erskinechilders

I reckon Sweetman has more football and a higher ceiling than Niyi, plus I would be worried about him defensively and in the air.
Niyi has more experience and defensively has being superb for Connacht the last season and most of this one. He doesn't do much in the air because that's not how Connacht play but you shouldn't worry in the slightest he'll kick ass.

A very exciting back three for Ireland with TOH, Gilroy and Niyi who are seriously attack minded. Marshall and Ringrose will also be an intriguing partnership to watch. I think they could mesh perfectly. Really looking forward to this game I hope the new blood give Joe a serious headache for next week in terms of selection.
Agree with all of this. Just don't think you'll be able to tell much, given the strength of opposition, that will help with NZ2, Oz or the 6N. Carton House will be more useful to Joe than the game itself, I reckon.
No23
Bookworm

Post by No23 »

This team would be a good match for the Maoris who I would imagine are significantly stronger than Canada based on their display against the USA.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Pleased for Ringrose, I wonder if all the Leinster guys get a cap how many internationals will be in the Leinster squad? Answers on a postcard to....
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

offshorerules wrote:Pleased for Ringrose, I wonder if all the Leinster guys get a cap how many internationals will be in the Leinster squad? Answers on a postcard to....

inc 3 hookers, 5 props, 8 backrowers (all our senior contracted backrowers)
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

gleesonisgod wrote:
He won't do as dramatic a change as that. He never does. Kearney will probably play 15 and Heaslip will maybe captain from 8. VdF i suspect will also start. Maybe even Henshaw? You have to keep a few key positions the same.
Shows what I know.....
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

gleesonisgod wrote:
gleesonisgod wrote:
He won't do as dramatic a change as that. He never does. Kearney will probably play 15 and Heaslip will maybe captain from 8. VdF i suspect will also start. Maybe even Henshaw? You have to keep a few key positions the same.
Shows what I know.....
KeithWood was withyou

Canada pack looks very weak
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

No disrespect to Canada but Anscombe is still a new coach and they're missing some of their top players. Meanwhile our 'second XV' includes world class operators like SOB and POM. Can actually see us putting 70-80 points on them, which unlike England or New Zealand is something we rarely do against Tier 2 or 3 nations. Our record points total and biggest margin of victory is 83-3 against the USA, we probably have a chance of breaking that record here.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

cormac wrote:Team: O'Halloran, Gilroy, Ringrose, Marshall, Earls, Jackson, Marmion; Healy, Cronin, Bealham, Holland, Dillane, O'Mahony, O'Brien, O'Donoghue

Absolutely delighted for Billy Holland that he finally gets a cap. For about 3/4 years he has given Munster great service in the immediate aftermath of a succession of stellar incumbents in their second row.

Billy is a players' player. A guy you know will be there when the going's tough. Reckoned by some to be not big enough for an international second-row and not dynamic enough for an international back-row, he has great skills, good habits, the appetite of a horse for work and the courage of a lion for his team. His selection is very deserved and a great call by Irish Management.

I love to see young guys who have earned their shot get an international call-up. But I love,even more, when a real genuine team man gets given an honour which he thought might have passed him by, but that never stopped him giving 100% to whomever selected him.

Go well Billy and realish the opportunity!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Great post. Well put. He deserves his Ireland cap.

Delighted to see JOD playing too, he has looked like the real deal when he got on the senior team- really dynamic and is putting in the work now with regular game time (crazy that he wouldn't make a fit Munster back row) Adeolokun has been a real find (though obviously there are a couple of guys you could also pick that you couldn't have problems with either), Ryan has been a hipuge surprise at tight head and it's great to see that depth. We need to play people like him. With the emergence of Carberry scrum half now looks like the area we still need to focus on. Good luck to Marmion and McGrath!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

offshorerules wrote:Pleased for Ringrose, I wonder if all the Leinster guys get a cap how many internationals will be in the Leinster squad? Answers on a postcard to....
I make it:
27 Ireland
1 South Africa
1 Fiji (yes I know that's pushing it)
2 Maori All Black
2 (3?) Ireland 7s
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Ruckedtobits wrote:

Absolutely delighted for Billy Holland that he finally gets a cap. For about 3/4 years he has given Munster great service in the immediate aftermath of a succession of stellar incumbents in their second row.

Billy is a players' player. A guy you know will be there when the going's tough. Reckoned by some to be not big enough for an international second-row and not dynamic enough for an international back-row, he has great skills, good habits, the appetite of a horse for work and the courage of a lion for his team. His selection is very deserved and a great call by Irish Management.

I love to see young guys who have earned their shot get an international call-up. But I love,even more, when a real genuine team man gets given an honour which he thought might have passed him by, but that never stopped him giving 100% to whomever selected him.

Go well Billy and realish the opportunity!
Well said. If it wasn't all about the big Green machine, this is the game where a guy like John Muldoon absolutely should get a start, for similar reasons.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

27 or 28 either way its pretty amazing being able to (nearly) field two teams comprising all internationals. If Toulon or Saracens did it you wouldn't be too surprised but an Irish province, amazing.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Xanthippe wrote:
I make it:
27 Ireland
1 South Africa
1 Fiji (yes I know that's pushing it)
2 Maori All Black
2 (3?) Ireland 7s
Poor Zane
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan