Canada Test 12/11/16, 19:15

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

sunshiner1
Mullet

Re: Canada Test 12/11/16, 19:15

Post by sunshiner1 »

by LeRouxIsPHat

Bealham is such an unexpected bonus for us. I'd still be nervous if he had to start next week but he's been great and I wouldn't have imagined that a couple of seasons ago. Mad to think that Marty Moore (and Mike Ross) isn't in the squad and yet nobody is complaining. His emergence gives us depth that I didn't think we could have in a position that I thought would take a long time in which to achieve it. In my head I was thinking that we'd just have Furlong and Moore and that we'd be in trouble because both of them are injury prone, but things look much rosier now. That said, I hope Marty isn't ostracised completely, he's too good not to be involved and his presence could make us very very strong.
Agree with you there but I actually think Moore may find it hard to get in front of these two, as apart from being good scrummagers they are both so mobile around the pitch with good speed and an excellent skill set. Now Moore isn't a slouch and I remember seeing him winning some serious turnovers the last few seasons but as a linking player in attack and line out speed etc in defense he's well behind the other two. It was the 'total rugby' approach I saw vs New Zealand where Bealham is just as comfortable in the scrumhalf position or Furlong is happy to slot in as an attacking receiver and be a real treat that finally helped us over the Kiwi hurdle.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote:Isn't the Child of Prague to stop it raining or something?

We are in trouble without Murray alright...

Our maul, without Toner, is always shite.
Yeah but it is mainly (exclusively?) used for weddings.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

FLIP wrote:
jezzer wrote:Earls brilliant break where he put a Canuck on his back with a handoff and stepped around two guys like they weren't there is exactly the bit of magic I think we need in the second test. Can we risk the less stellar stuff he showed on Sat against NZ.
We really can't in my eyes. Everything Earls does is boom or bust, and you can't afford any busts against NZ.
TBH I'd prefer to risk the stellar stuff Ringrose brings at this stage of their respective careers.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

A match that pushed Noel Reid up the pecking order a smidge
I have Bumbleflex
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Dave Cahill wrote:A match that pushed Noel Reid up the pecking order a smidge
You would have to think Rory Scannell is ahead of him and a few others at the moment!