Ireland v Australia

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

matt
Graduate

Re: Ireland v Australia

Post by matt »

In terms of Leinster and Ireland Six Nations maybe not a bad thing SOB not playing today as last week I think was his first 80 mins since January & he will be much more effective if has more rest between tough games like last week. Anyway JVDF is a great replacement as is POM from the bench at this stage of his recovery.

Was watching Australia thrash Wales 32-8 and narrow wins against Scotland & France (with a lot of players rested). All the backs have pace and score nearly all their tries. Foley at 10 and Hodge at 12 particularly impressive and we all know what Folou can do. Today is a big test against a young improving Australia and we need to win battle up front & get big performances from Jackson & Carbury in particular.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Sob out, payne starts
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Other than 'Lower Limb Tweak' does anyone know whats wrong with O'Brien? Please please don't tell me its his hamstring again!

'Tight hip flexor' according to Joe
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Farces up to his usual standards. 4 red cards should have given in Ireland's favour in 13 months. Not one has been.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

How was that not a high tackle on Carberry?
Anyone But New Zealand
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Jackson is a clown what a gift
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

FLIP wrote:Farces up to his usual standards. 4 red cards should have given in Ireland's favour in 13 months. Not one has been.
Im surprised that a man who disputed last nights red card for Barry Daly, would be looking for a red card for Mumm.
Last edited by All Blacks nil on November 26th, 2016, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

*deleted*
Anyone But New Zealand
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

How did we win that?
must have given up 2 stone a man on average in the backs
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Great to get the win. The pack members were all very good (Furlong is ready a legend)- including subs. Ringrose was great, as was Zebo. We were running on fumes towards the end. But we got there and it was therefore a great Autumn Series for Ireland primarily - and for Leinster and Munster secondarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Superb performance from the boys. We need to redact the footage of Ringrose and Furlong otherwise they'll be dragged off on the lions tour.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

With 20 mins to go I thought Joe needed to rearrange the backs.
Carberry to 10 PJ to 12 Ringrose to 13 Earls and Zebo to the wings and take a punt on Marmion at FB.
Joe took a different gamble and got away with it.
The bench once again turned the game.
Joe should not have started either Payne or RB.
It should have cost us the game.
Joe needs to recognise a fully player is always going to be better than gambling on a player who isn't fit.
WELL DONE TO THE PLAYERS - THAT WAS 100% PURE GUTSY.
Congrats to Rory Best a great captain and a great player.
Congrats to JVDF - MOM
Last edited by Oldschool on November 26th, 2016, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

domhnallj wrote:Superb performance from the boys. We need to redact the footage of Ringrose and Furlong otherwise they'll be dragged off on the lions tour.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
+1
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ah that was just a brilliant game. Josh is turning out to be a tremenjus player. Jackson's kicking from hand was suspect but he did well overall. To win with the set of backs we had for most of the game was amazing. The big 3 SH teams beaten in the same year!
We never lose against the big teams when Joey Carberry is playing. :D
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

FLIP wrote:*deleted*
Fair play
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I look forward to Munster's new play about the time Heaslip was subbed for Peter O'Mahony to win a game and people not taking this as a joke made from a place of happiness

Bar one or two positions (3, 9, and maybe 12) we are building a serious squad
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:I look forward to Munster's new play about the time Heaslip was subbed for Peter O'Mahony to win a game and people not taking this as a joke made from a place of happiness

3 - Ross in an emergency Ryan and Bealham -Moore in a real emergency.
9 yep
Bundi Aki???
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

simonokeeffe wrote:I look forward to Munster's new play about the time Heaslip was subbed for Peter O'Mahony to win a game and people not taking this as a joke made from a place of happiness

There is a decent depth at 3 Ross is old but proven and will do a job, Furlong is doing for tight head play what Healy did for loose and Bealham is far from a liability. That decent depth without even thinking about the other options out there.

12 has decent depth with Marshall and Aki due to hit and makeshift options.

There are options at 9 it's just that Murray is so far out in front it's unreal but sure he's verging on being the best in his position in the world. McGrath and Marmion are good players who have stood up at this level and he'll I'd be delighted if we needed to call on Strings to come in for one more cap in an injury crisis.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

At 3 we have Bealham and Moore whom Leinster must get back from Wasps if Rossy's injury is bad. We should also now really work on convincing Porter its where he future lies. John Ryan may also continue to progress as he watches Furlong and Bealham.

At 9 we have major shortage but Marmion and Cooney look the best passing prospects with McGrath the best rugby brain, but not a consistent enough passer or with Murray's box kicking execution.

At 12, we have some options who just need game time at high level - Olding, Marshall, Scannell- plus Henshaw and optional Ringrose. Of non-capped, Scannell is coming on quickest but Olding has earned an opportunity if he can get and keep injury free.

I'd now also add Full-back and suggest Kearney and Payne are beginning to ship injuries too often. O'Halloran and Zebo look best contenders at present but others may emerge.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Great to see. Enjoyed that game, had to hide for some of it. Showed super resilience to come back when we had been collapsing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk