The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Re: The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Postby ronk » March 21st, 2017, 11:17 pm

Maestro is probably okay with those comments, just about.

That timeline reinforced that Wales managed to eat up 5 minutes approx of the sin bin with substitution cheating.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8327
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Postby Dave Cahill » March 21st, 2017, 11:33 pm

..and the madness in Paris and the game in Dublin draws the curtain on what was, another, cracking Six Nations
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 19942
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Postby paddyor » March 21st, 2017, 11:50 pm

Despite the addition of bonus points.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Postby paddyor » March 22nd, 2017, 12:08 am

ronk wrote:Maestro is probably okay with those comments, just about.

That timeline reinforced that Wales managed to eat up 5 minutes approx of the sin bin with substitution cheating.

And France cheated before that. He didn't put himself front and centre, the 2 teams did and they were banking on him losing his nerve/patience and wanting to end it. He can't give a PT if the scrum isn't moving forward and if he'd binned a Welsh prop it could've went to uncontested scrums taking away Frances advantage. I think world rugby need to look at binning the captain in that scenario.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Postby Oldschoolsocks » March 22nd, 2017, 9:42 am

paddyor wrote:
ronk wrote:Maestro is probably okay with those comments, just about.

That timeline reinforced that Wales managed to eat up 5 minutes approx of the sin bin with substitution cheating.

And France cheated before that. He didn't put himself front and centre, the 2 teams did and they were banking on him losing his nerve/patience and wanting to end it. He can't give a PT if the scrum isn't moving forward and if he'd binned a Welsh prop it could've went to uncontested scrums taking away Frances advantage. I think world rugby need to look at binning the captain in that scenario.


That's an interesting one, let's say captain is a front row then. Which is statistically actually quite likely - three of the top four nations captains are hookers - were just back in the same scenario of uncontested scrums, if there is no fit replacement for YC'd player.

Out of curiosity, is this the same French doc who's, imho very questionable, testimony was instrumental in SOB's suspension for the QF in the last WC?

Neither France nor Wales come out of this incident with much credit if you ask me.
the irony being that ad-hominen and appeal to majority are the most often used defences of the apologist.
User avatar
Oldschoolsocks
Mullet
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 11:36 am
Location: Stepping out of the Supernova

Re: The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Postby fourthirtythree » March 22nd, 2017, 9:59 am

Yeah, I'd be sympathetic with a team facing into that cheating by France. The Welsh however... "he who comes into equity must come with clean hands." A bunch of serious professional cheats whose coaches cheating ref manipulation is a blight on the international game.

As was mentioned in another thread...
Datta: what have we given?
My friend, blood shaking my heart
The awful daring of a moment's surrender
Which an age of prudence can never retract
What the thunder said to Brian Lenihan
User avatar
fourthirtythree
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:33 pm
Location: Eight miles high

Re: The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Postby simonokeeffe » March 22nd, 2017, 4:08 pm

fourthirtythree wrote:Yeah, I'd be sympathetic with a team facing into that cheating by France. The Welsh however... "he who comes into equity must come with clean hands." A bunch of serious professional cheats whose coaches cheating ref manipulation is a blight on the international game.

As was mentioned in another thread...


you cant make that decision youre just a grunt

if only France had scored from an illegally taken quick lineout
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15051
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Postby paddyor » March 22nd, 2017, 4:48 pm

Oldschoolsocks wrote:That's an interesting one, let's say captain is a front row then. Which is statistically actually quite likely - three of the top four nations captains are hookers - were just back in the same scenario of uncontested scrums, if there is no fit replacement for YC'd player.

Out of curiosity, is this the same French doc who's, imho very questionable, testimony was instrumental in SOB's suspension for the QF in the last WC?

Neither France nor Wales come out of this incident with much credit if you ask me.

YEah I realised that almost immediately after I'd posted but was too lazy to correct. I was thinking of Warburton as captain (but he's not even captain). Maybe instead of binning the prop they should bin a flanker.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Postby blockhead » March 23rd, 2017, 8:39 pm

Hogg gets 6N POTY for 2nd year in a row. Can't think of any other player who could complain about that. Certainly not from Ireland anyway.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3563
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Postby simonokeeffe » March 24th, 2017, 9:28 am

blockhead wrote:Hogg gets 6N POTY for 2nd year in a row. Can't think of any other player who could complain about that. Certainly not from Ireland anyway.


Thought he had a form dip myself for middle of tournament

Strange part is not many English players jump out, Farrell had a shocker v Italy, the other backs rotated a fair bit, possibly Launchbury or maybe Itoje wouldve been contenders

RFU pushing for a 6 week tournament now, think theyve gotten too used to winning it
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15051
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Previous

Return to International Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest