The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Post by ronk »

Maestro is probably okay with those comments, just about.

That timeline reinforced that Wales managed to eat up 5 minutes approx of the sin bin with substitution cheating.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

..and the madness in Paris and the game in Dublin draws the curtain on what was, another, cracking Six Nations
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Despite the addition of bonus points.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

ronk wrote:Maestro is probably okay with those comments, just about.

That timeline reinforced that Wales managed to eat up 5 minutes approx of the sin bin with substitution cheating.
And France cheated before that. He didn't put himself front and centre, the 2 teams did and they were banking on him losing his nerve/patience and wanting to end it. He can't give a PT if the scrum isn't moving forward and if he'd binned a Welsh prop it could've went to uncontested scrums taking away Frances advantage. I think world rugby need to look at binning the captain in that scenario.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

The Six Nations, now with added bonus points!

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

paddyor wrote:
ronk wrote:Maestro is probably okay with those comments, just about.

And France cheated before that. He didn't put himself front and centre, the 2 teams did and they were banking on him losing his nerve/patience and wanting to end it. He can't give a PT if the scrum isn't moving forward and if he'd binned a Welsh prop it could've went to uncontested scrums taking away Frances advantage. I think world rugby need to look at binning the captain in that scenario.
That's an interesting one, let's say captain is a front row then. Which is statistically actually quite likely - three of the top four nations captains are hookers - were just back in the same scenario of uncontested scrums, if there is no fit replacement for YC'd player.

Out of curiosity, is this the same French doc who's, imho very questionable, testimony was instrumental in SOB's suspension for the QF in the last WC?

Neither France nor Wales come out of this incident with much credit if you ask me.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Yeah, I'd be sympathetic with a team facing into that cheating by France. The Welsh however... "he who comes into equity must come with clean hands." A bunch of serious professional cheats whose coaches cheating ref manipulation is a blight on the international game.

As was mentioned in another thread...
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

fourthirtythree wrote:Yeah, I'd be sympathetic with a team facing into that cheating by France. The Welsh however... "he who comes into equity must come with clean hands." A bunch of serious professional cheats whose coaches cheating ref manipulation is a blight on the international game.

As was mentioned in another thread...
you cant make that decision youre just a grunt

if only France had scored from an illegally taken quick lineout
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:That's an interesting one, let's say captain is a front row then. Which is statistically actually quite likely - three of the top four nations captains are hookers - were just back in the same scenario of uncontested scrums, if there is no fit replacement for YC'd player.

Out of curiosity, is this the same French doc who's, imho very questionable, testimony was instrumental in SOB's suspension for the QF in the last WC?

Neither France nor Wales come out of this incident with much credit if you ask me.
YEah I realised that almost immediately after I'd posted but was too lazy to correct. I was thinking of Warburton as captain (but he's not even captain). Maybe instead of binning the prop they should bin a flanker.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Hogg gets 6N POTY for 2nd year in a row. Can't think of any other player who could complain about that. Certainly not from Ireland anyway.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

blockhead wrote:Hogg gets 6N POTY for 2nd year in a row. Can't think of any other player who could complain about that. Certainly not from Ireland anyway.
Thought he had a form dip myself for middle of tournament

Strange part is not many English players jump out, Farrell had a shocker v Italy, the other backs rotated a fair bit, possibly Launchbury or maybe Itoje wouldve been contenders

RFU pushing for a 6 week tournament now, think theyve gotten too used to winning it
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »