Ireland v France Sat 25th Feb 2017 4.50pm

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ireland v France Sat 25th Feb 2017 4.50pm

Post by Golf Man »

fourthirtythree wrote:While Payne used to be the best full back in Ireland (IMHO) he is no longer even the best full back in Ulster...

That said, I'd personally pick him ahead of Rob Kearney, leaving Zebo on the wings with Earls. Unfortunately it is at least as likely that Schmidt will put him in place of Ringrose rather than Kearney. Because Ringrose has made to my mind more serious mistakes than Kearney. He may have more potential etc. but there is a 6N on.

But given that Payne only had 20 minutes at the weekend we don't know how close to up to speed he is/will be.
I reckon he will leave Ringrose there - he referenced him personally, Henshaw is quoted about the task ahead for himself and Ringrose v Wales. I don't think he'drop Ringrose. And if Kearney is fit I don't think he'll drop him either. If Kearney is out he can either parachute Payne straight in at or on the bench though to cover 12/13/15
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Dave Cahill wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:"Guys like Dave'', an international winger with a couple of European trophies, a couple of Pro12s and a 6N championship in his arse pocket in his mid-20s - is that what you mean?
More 1 of worst strike rates in Europe for top winger and not a speedster.
Just because you've a medal doesn't make you a great player. I'm not saying he is terrible but if you consider him an international class winger then I'd just disagreeand argue no more. And caps doesn't make you an international class winger. If so Earls is an international 13 etc

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The best coach ever to work in Ireland agrees with me. I'm okay with that.
Does he? Guess we will see on that. And name 1 big game he's proven his class at that level or more so why nobody outside Leinster sees him as top 3 winger for Leinster never mind Ireland.

As I said a winger is judged on tries and setting up play. Records show different to your suggestion and lets not forget when all wingers are available Schmidt doesn't always select Kearney

*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

MunsterSugar wrote: Does he? Guess we will see on that. And name 1 big game he's proven his class at that level or more so why nobody outside Leinster sees him as top 3 winger for Leinster never mind Ireland.

As I said a winger is judged on tries and setting up play. Records show different to your suggestion and lets not forget when all wingers are available Schmidt doesn't always select Kearney

I'm as concerned with what anybody outside Leinster thinks as Joe is with a wingers try scoring stats. Not one iota.
I have Bumbleflex
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Dave Cahill wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote: Does he? Guess we will see on that. And name 1 big game he's proven his class at that level or more so why nobody outside Leinster sees him as top 3 winger for Leinster never mind Ireland.

I'm as concerned with what anybody outside Leinster thinks as Joe is with a wingers try scoring stats. Not one iota.
Well then I think you'll see Joe knows that's the reason he has no slam and is trying to expand game. I'd argue if you'd a winger who can outsprint a 2nd row he has a Slam. And why all his big wins came with pace on wings.

And why Kearney is well down picking order.

You may not give 1 iota but I do as many Irish fans do.

Last edited by MunsterSugar on February 27th, 2017, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Yeah, Joe is wracked by his history of failure alright.
I have Bumbleflex
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Dave Cahill wrote:Yeah, Joe is wracked by his history of failure alright.
Again nobody said Joe was failure. But facts are in his own words - he's failed at a RWC and it's obvious he wants a Grand Slam.

Slowcentre
Beginner

Post by Slowcentre »

MunsterSugar wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Well then I think you'll see Joe knows that's the reason he has no slam and is trying to expand game. I'd argue if you'd a winger who can outsprint a 2nd row he has a Slam. And why all his big wins came with pace on wings.

I've seen Earls out sprinted by a 2nd row.Do you think he's too slow too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Slowcentre wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

No, no, no!

Munster = good. Leinster = bad.

Try to keep up. We're getting an education in mediocrity.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Slowcentre wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: I'm as concerned with what anybody outside Leinster thinks as Joe is with a wingers try scoring stats. Not one iota.

Please share when?

MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Slowcentre wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: I'm as concerned with what anybody outside Leinster thinks as Joe is with a wingers try scoring stats. Not one iota.

Please share when. I've never seen so.at least would love to check it. Can't say I remember it in all my time watching him. But again happily will eat my words on viewing

MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

As I will say I only comment on what I see so haven't seen Earls but something like a 2nd row out sprinting a winger is rare so will eats my words on viewing.

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Could you switch off your Tapatalk signature if it's not too much trouble please? Profile > Settings > Signature will do it
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

MunsterSugar wrote:Well then I think you'll see Joe knows that's the reason he has no slam and is trying to expand game. I'd argue if you'd a winger who can outsprint a 2nd row he has a Slam. And why all his big wins came with pace on wings.

A tap talk doesn't constitute "out-sprinting" someone. And FYI he still had Brown and the cover defense to beat if he avoided the tap tackle. It was great play from Launchbury.

IMO the handling errors from Sexton BOD and Healy were what cost us that game. Think Best missed 5 tackles that game too.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

MunsterSugar wrote:As I will say I only comment on what I see so haven't seen Earls but something like a 2nd row out sprinting a winger is rare so will eats my words on viewing.

Anthony Horgan vs New Zealand? IIRC the Kiwi commentator laughed.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:As I will say I only comment on what I see so haven't seen Earls but something like a 2nd row out sprinting a winger is rare so will eats my words on viewing.

Anthony Horgan vs New Zealand? IIRC the Kiwi commentator laughed.
And where did anyone say Horgan was top winger??

MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Dave Cahill wrote:Could you switch off your Tapatalk signature if it's not too much trouble please? Profile > Settings > Signature will do it
So guess noone can give that example

MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:Well then I think you'll see Joe knows that's the reason he has no slam and is trying to expand game. I'd argue if you'd a winger who can outsprint a 2nd row he has a Slam. And why all his big wins came with pace on wings.

A tap talk doesn't constitute "out-sprinting" someone. And FYI he still had Brown and the cover defense to beat if he avoided the tap tackle. It was great play from Launchbury.

IMO the handling errors from Sexton BOD and Healy were what cost us that game. Think Best missed 5 tackles that game too.
So in other words. No ye can't give example and will try put other errors up as case too. Ok cheers just thought ye could actually back up. Obviously not

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

MunsterSugar wrote:
paddyor wrote:

So in other words. No ye can't give example and will try put other errors up as case too. Ok cheers just thought ye could actually back up. Obviously not

:?
You're the one with the duff example. Dave kearney wasn't outsprinted by a lock.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
paddyor wrote: A tap talk doesn't constitute "out-sprinting" someone. And FYI he still had Brown and the cover defense to beat if he avoided the tap tackle. It was great play from Launchbury.

:?
You're the one with the duff example. Dave kearney wasn't outsprinted by a lock.
So I will put it this way. I say I think had that try been scored we win a Slam. A genuine comment alot think. Also a genuine opportunity many think a fast winger would've scored.

Then the replies were
"Keith Earls was caught"

I asked when?

Replies were about Anthony Horgan, Others Faults and excuses. To a simple question.

And yes he was outsptinted the proof is there. Believe what you want. Pity you can't answer facts but just dish back insults.

And I've no doubt reply will be another sidestep.

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Board is gone t'shite. The tit for tat stuff is painful.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan