Ireland v. England

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby RoboProp » March 19th, 2017, 7:03 pm

jezzer wrote:This site has gone to shit.

It's unreadable. Which is sad, I like talking about rugby. Thanks for the memories.


Have to agree with Jeezer. Thanks for your input over the years truly refreshing sight into the game we love
Get up on your feet, don't look so obsolete and thrash like an athlete
User avatar
RoboProp
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2996
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 3:45 pm
Location: Mandalore

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby wixfjord » March 19th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Two Ringrose moments stood out for me yesterday.
The first was the sublime pass to Earls in the first half up the right wing.
The second was his acceleration out of the line and hit on an English player in the second, real momentum booster.

He hasn't set the tournament alight, but he certainly has had his moments both offensively and defensively. That 10/12/13 is really knitting well together, bodes well for Wasps.


It worries me how good Elliot Daly has become though


Aye he's a tasty footballer alright. The long kicking is a huge asset too, means we can't afford to give away pens inside our own half.
wixfjord
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2499
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby Ruckedtobits » March 19th, 2017, 7:12 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Two Ringrose moments stood out for me yesterday.
The first was the sublime pass to Earls in the first half up the right wing.
The second was his acceleration out of the line and hit on an English player in the second, real momentum booster.

He hasn't set the tournament alight, but he certainly has had his moments both offensively and defensively. That 10/12/13 is really knitting well together, bodes well for Wasps.


It worries me how good Elliot Daly has become though


Noticed that also. If Marmion hadn't 'cut' him down on that diagonal run when he won the race in front of Earls for the chip /pass, we were in trouble. He has real gas and power and needs watching. Question is, will Wasps put him on wing or will he revert to centre?

The stopping of Launchbery was another major project yesterday. We were successful in that but he is a big troublesome unit. No longer have such concerns re Hughes who seems to lost his dynamic edge compared to last year. Still a big unit, but without acceleration.

All in all, Leinster players should be coming back to Camp in good fettle, even if starters need a full week of recovery before they get back to Aviva for another Sat early evening fiesta.

Hopefully, our supporters will have taken the lesson from yesterday as to just how valuable a noisy support base can be in a tough game. Almost every player interview mentioned it and it was exceptional. Reactive (to Chariots) and proactive (when required) in turn and making it clear who were the home team. An invaluable advantage
Ruckedtobits
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby fourthirtythree » March 19th, 2017, 7:52 pm

England had a bad day yesterday, but this is still the best English team since the World Cup winners. And they were the best team ever from the northern hemisphere.

They do have power, pace, and skill. I think it's smarts they lack a bit of. I think they showed that yesterday. They lacked the ability to change what wasn't working - they should have competed in a line out or two, and they should have kicked more. They would have needed the ball for that of course!
Datta: what have we given?
My friend, blood shaking my heart
The awful daring of a moment's surrender
Which an age of prudence can never retract
What the thunder said to Brian Lenihan
User avatar
fourthirtythree
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8409
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:33 pm
Location: Eight miles high

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby wixfjord » March 19th, 2017, 7:57 pm

That last POM lineout steal was from a Toner life. That combo is a super defensive lineout option if we have those two on the pitch at the same time.
wixfjord
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2499
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby paddyor » March 19th, 2017, 9:04 pm

fourthirtythree wrote:England had a bad day yesterday, but this is still the best English team since the World Cup winners. And they were the best team ever from the northern hemisphere.

They do have power, pace, and skill. I think it's smarts they lack a bit of. I think they showed that yesterday. They lacked the ability to change what wasn't working - they should have competed in a line out or two, and they should have kicked more. They would have needed the ball for that of course!

Same could be said about us with thw maul tbh. Thpught we should have looles to movr it more/earlier given they'd 3 locks in the team
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2613
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby simonokeeffe » March 19th, 2017, 9:07 pm

Peg Leg wrote:
jezzer wrote:This site has gone to shit.

It's unreadable. Which is sad, I like talking about rugby. Thanks for the memories.

3-4 guys/girls have railroaded every conversation. Used to read every single post, probably miss most of the good info now because I flick through it pretty gast to avoid the shitfest.


on the plus side I reckon I can form a Lions style XV out of the posters I have on ignore
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15074
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby Gavlar » March 19th, 2017, 9:21 pm

simonokeeffe wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
jezzer wrote:This site has gone to shit.

It's unreadable. Which is sad, I like talking about rugby. Thanks for the memories.

3-4 guys/girls have railroaded every conversation. Used to read every single post, probably miss most of the good info now because I flick through it pretty gast to avoid the shitfest.


on the plus side I reckon I can form a Lions style XV out of the posters I have on ignore

Speaking of which, how do you put someone on ignore on tapatalk? I can't quite figure it out and seriously need to use it.
User avatar
Gavlar
Beginner
 
Posts: 31
Joined: March 24th, 2013, 9:47 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby simonokeeffe » March 19th, 2017, 9:30 pm

Ive never used it Im afraid (tapatalk)

think you click on the username and select 'add foe'
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15074
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby fourthirtythree » March 19th, 2017, 9:32 pm

paddyor wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:England had a bad day yesterday, but this is still the best English team since the World Cup winners. And they were the best team ever from the northern hemisphere.

They do have power, pace, and skill. I think it's smarts they lack a bit of. I think they showed that yesterday. They lacked the ability to change what wasn't working - they should have competed in a line out or two, and they should have kicked more. They would have needed the ball for that of course!

Same could be said about us with thw maul tbh. Thpught we should have looles to movr it more/earlier given they'd 3 locks in the team


But we scored the try from a lineout maul. They shipped one. So one of the two teams had the excuse of a tactic working to convince it to keep trying.
Datta: what have we given?
My friend, blood shaking my heart
The awful daring of a moment's surrender
Which an age of prudence can never retract
What the thunder said to Brian Lenihan
User avatar
fourthirtythree
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8409
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:33 pm
Location: Eight miles high

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby Peg Leg » March 19th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Gavlar wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:3-4 guys/girls have railroaded every conversation. Used to read every single post, probably miss most of the good info now because I flick through it pretty gast to avoid the shitfest.


on the plus side I reckon I can form a Lions style XV out of the posters I have on ignore

Speaking of which, how do you put someone on ignore on tapatalk? I can't quite figure it out and seriously need to use it.

So view the authors profile by selecting their name. A header should appear informing you of their Tapatalk profile, select the link in there or the arrow to view their Tapatalk profile. Select the 3 dots on the top RHS and select block.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 7752
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby wixfjord » March 19th, 2017, 10:08 pm

wixfjord wrote:Two Ringrose moments stood out for me yesterday.
The first was the sublime pass to Earls in the first half up the right wing.
The second was his acceleration out of the line and hit on an English player in the second, real momentum booster.

He hasn't set the tournament alight, but he certainly has had his moments both offensively and defensively. That 10/12/13 is really knitting well together, bodes well for Wasps.


Here are both of those moments. Two nice little cameos:
https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/sta ... 9273592832
http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/329622 ... on=3296227
wixfjord
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2499
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby Dave Cahill » March 19th, 2017, 10:18 pm

are you outing yourself as Murray Kinsella Wixfjord? :shock:






:lol:
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 19954
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby wixfjord » March 19th, 2017, 10:19 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:are you outing yourself as Murray Kinsella Wixfjord? :shock:






:lol:


No just stealing from him!
wixfjord
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2499
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby Gavlar » March 19th, 2017, 10:28 pm

Cheers Peg Leg. That should cut reading time in here by about 40%!
User avatar
Gavlar
Beginner
 
Posts: 31
Joined: March 24th, 2013, 9:47 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby simonokeeffe » March 19th, 2017, 10:31 pm

He has a piece up too on what Payne brought to the attack (as first receiver)
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15074
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby paddyor » March 19th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Image
Sexton has a word with Haskell
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2613
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby ronk » March 19th, 2017, 10:35 pm

wixfjord wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Two Ringrose moments stood out for me yesterday.
The first was the sublime pass to Earls in the first half up the right wing.
The second was his acceleration out of the line and hit on an English player in the second, real momentum booster.

He hasn't set the tournament alight, but he certainly has had his moments both offensively and defensively. That 10/12/13 is really knitting well together, bodes well for Wasps.


Here are both of those moments. Two nice little cameos:
https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/sta ... 9273592832
http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/329622 ... on=3296227


Daly's defence in the 2nd clip is brilliant.

Just like Youngs and Brown when Earls knocked on. They were both tackling Payne and both got back to stop Earls.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8332
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby munster#1 » March 20th, 2017, 9:34 pm

FLIP wrote:IRFUs stats making quite the statement against the narrative that POM was the saviour of the lineout.

Lineouts Won -

6 Donnacha Ryan
3 Peter O'Mahony
2 CJ Stander

The lineout POM stole with Toner lifting - a trick we've not often seen, but makes lots of sense.

POM has a busy day with a lot of tackles, and a lot of carrying, but the carrying wasn't effective for only a 6m gain.

Backs up my feelings that Ryan should have gotten the plaudits today.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/39314.php

I was fairly sure that those stats were wrong, and just watching against the head, it is clear that they were.
They have since been changed with POM being accredited with 5 lineout takes, but it is actually 6 if you include his steal.
User avatar
munster#1
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3927
Joined: June 18th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Re: Ireland v. England

Postby FLIP » March 20th, 2017, 10:08 pm

Turnovers are included in lineouts won.
Anyone But New Zealand
User avatar
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

PreviousNext

Return to International Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest