Decisive factor in Ireland beating England

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

What was the decisive factor in Ireland beating England?

More Munster players
28%
More St Michaels players
20%
Less giant headphones
12%
St Patrick
40%

Total votes: 25

MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Re: Decisive factor in Ireland beating England

Post by MunsterSugar »

Chengleng1 wrote:Not taking anything from POM, but I think its stretching it to lay the lineout improvement solely at his feet. For me, england never really competed on our ball, so once the throw and lift were good, possession was effectively guaranteed.
Really impressed with less experienced guys esp marmion & conway, not sure how JP lasted given he looked flipped at half time. John Ryan looks to add serious power to the scrum too

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Think it's highlighted by Eddie Jones singling him out at lineout. And the extra option.
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

MunsterSugar wrote:
hugonaut wrote:
munster#1 wrote: Feigned innocence? Your first post was a childish indirect insult.

Your need to have a go at posters or posts without entering into an adult interaction is a poor reflection on you.
Obviously it is difficult to truly get a grasp of a person's personality on a forum such as this. But the personality you portray on here is a poor example for any adult.

In essence, if you come on to any internet forum that is used for like minded people to discuss their opinion, it is best to either enter into a conversation in a meaningful way, by expressing your opinion, or do not post at all.

Acting like a child directly or worse, indirectly insulting an individual as you do, does not add anything.
Have you got enough fodder for your moral Shetland pony?
You know he actually does. You'd swear some here are sickened that POM and Stander worked out and Ireland won.
Guess Provincal via is a 2 way street and this place isn't as angelic as they make out
Nope, and kindly do not put words in my mouth.

POM had a great game, CJ was excellent.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

CJ was adequate at 8. He can do a job for Ireland at 8 if we're stuck. His real competition, in any event is going to be Jack Conan.
I'm almost dreading the howls of feigned surprise and outrage when Conan takes over from Heaslip on a full time basis.
If Jamie had mucked around at the back of the scrum the way Stander did yesterday we'd be hearing all about from the boys in red.
He actually neutralised a lot of our advantage at scrum time - a definite work on that I'm sure Jamie will help him with.
He certainly wasn't a decisive factor in the winning of this game.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Putting no words in no ones mouth. Just glad it's not all 1 way traffic and there guys like you as bias the other way to be 1 eyed too.
I think fact you go so far to discredit guys shows they played well. Again I agree hopefully Conan can break in to Leinster team or move North and really stake his claim too.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

MunsterSugar wrote:Putting no words in no ones mouth. Just glad it's not all 1 way traffic and there guys like you as bias the other way to be 1 eyed too.
I think fact you go so far to discredit guys shows they played well. Again I agree hopefully Conan can break in to Leinster team or move North and really stake his claim too.
Oh dear, now you're just making stuff up.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:Putting no words in no ones mouth. Just glad it's not all 1 way traffic and there guys like you as bias the other way to be 1 eyed too.
Sure I am. And as it's clear on other forums and opinion of few others. I may be bad but you're the same man. :D
It's ok being bias. As I say you trying hard is taken as a compliment
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Post by Cor. Ind. »

So according to various members of the 'black (or should that be blue) helicopter crowd', sage Joe staged Heaslip's pre-match injury in order to catch the tans off guard, while simultaneously managing to nurse the latter's battered ego. Obviously Joe's a genius. Perhaps - as Eddie remarked - he had a leprecaun tackle (or should that be feign to tackle) him.

Joe was pretty dismissive of POM after the game. Through gritted teeth he did at least concede that he has a good vertical leap. So Jamie, Toner & Keareny can rest easy. Their starting jerseys for the AIs 2017 have been reserved. We wouldn't want the ruffians of Rathgar to go on the rampage after all.
Last edited by Cor. Ind. on March 19th, 2017, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

MunsterSugar wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Sure I am. And as it's clear on other forums and opinion of few others. I may be bad but you're the same man. :D
It's ok being bias. As I say you trying hard is taken as a compliment
Ok, I'll bite - who performed well that I derided and when. And can we take this conversation elsewhere?

I believe there's a limepit setup for interprovincial squabbling - I'm more than happy to continue this on that thread.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Ha Oldschoolsocks.
Keep telling yourself your down right straight. Your like me. Bias as hell and I don't even have to show it. Here and on other forums you show it easily yourself.
It's not just interprovincial. You bring it to national team too. Your like me you'll knit pick to suit.
On performance saying CJ is only an adequate 8 is one example. But again it's normal from a guy who's bias. As I say I'm the same. And that's just 1 example there's loads out there. Just don't be hypocrite thinking your all innocent ha. Your a gas man though.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

We changed how we clear out. For years England have had a style of charging off your feet past the ball as they arrive. We did it their way.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ronk wrote:We changed how we clear out. For years England have had a style of charging off your feet past the ball as they arrive. We did it their way.

We also sacrificed our ultra disciplined approach to the breakdown to take a risk or two when the opportunity presented
I have Bumbleflex
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

So moving on from the blue and red mickey swinging contest that we crave on here of late, here's my two cent.

Forced changes provided some level of limitations to our typical gameplan, that required playing good rugby to circumvent. Marmions box kicking vs Wales highlighted that it shouldn't be used as often because the return risk was much higher. Johnny from deep was able to use Henshaw with a bit of space in front of him and I think the scrum cap signalled to all what he intended to do with the space. He gained so many meters himself and for those around him by hitting the 10/12 channel. Coupled with our tactic of flooding the rucks Marmion (who also appeared to break a cardinal Schmidt law of breaking with the ball himself) was passing quick ball to players in space.
With the possession stats in the first half showing that England are not very effective at scoring tries when they don't have the ball. Irelands ruck marshalling was reaping reward.
Line out was such a huge improvement that it begs the question as to whether Toner has been flogged this season. The raw ambition generated by competition for places should serve us well if nurtured. Lots to be positive about for this sexy looking pig in lipstick.
Last edited by Peg Leg on March 19th, 2017, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

MunsterSugar wrote:Ha Oldschoolsocks.
Keep telling yourself your down right straight. Your like me. Bias as hell and I don't even have to show it. Here and on other forums you show it easily yourself.
It's not just interprovincial. You bring it to national team too. Your like me you'll knit pick to suit.
On performance saying CJ is only an adequate 8 is one example. But again it's normal from a guy who's bias. As I say I'm the same. And that's just 1 example there's loads out there. Just don't be hypocrite thinking your all innocent ha. Your a gas man though.
Are you actually bonkers?

Biased is fine, making stuff up is just weird.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:Ha Oldschoolsocks.
Are you actually bonkers?

Biased is fine, making stuff up is just weird.
If you think that fair enough. The evidence is there. Ha I may be bonkers. But equally you are too for trying to think you're not bias. I didn't make anything up ha guess this is where you try divert to go off part of you being bad man. Ha your a gas man and good at it
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Peg Leg wrote: Marmions box kicking vs Wales highlighted that it shouldn't be used as often because the return risk was much.
But Marmion didn't kick the ball once verses Wales. :D
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

All Blacks nil wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: Marmions box kicking vs Wales highlighted that it shouldn't be used as often because the return risk was much.
But Marmion didn't kick the ball once verses Wales. :D
Ah jaysus I was putting that last effort by sexton on Marmion. :mrgreen:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I don't think I'm being OTT when I say that people who use 'bias' as an adjective should be rounded up and shot so they can't procreate.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

wixfjord wrote:I don't think I'm being OTT when I say that people who use 'bias' as an adjective should be rounded up and shot so they can't procreate.
Sure you're bias too. No doubt you'll start on me.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

It's biased you cretin
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:It's biased you cretin
Hey the good man has insults now too
The Leinster WUM insults the Munster WUM and is still showing his bias in 2 threads.
Some man ha ha.

*** Edited by Mod ***
Last edited by MunsterSugar on March 19th, 2017, 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.