Decisive factor in Ireland beating England

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

What was the decisive factor in Ireland beating England?

More Munster players
28%
More St Michaels players
20%
Less giant headphones
12%
St Patrick
40%

Total votes: 25

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Decisive factor in Ireland beating England

Post by Oldschool »

The MIRROR of course.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

munster#1 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
munster#1 wrote:As the lads on RTE said, luck.

We were lucky that Rob and Heaslip got injured.
You might even argue that Murray getting injured added to it, as this forced Ireland to move away from kick chase.

And so it begins. 20 minutes after the game ends, the attempt to discredit Schmidt starts. That must be a new record M1?

Enjoy the win.
I am enjoying the win, it was one that like many, I did not predict.

My opinion is backed up by how well both Payne and POM played. Both players were massive today.
POM was due to be on the bench, but went on to be voted MOTM. His line-out work was something that Ireland were missing in our defeats.

If you have an alternative opinion, then give it. But don't act like a 6 year old by trying to discredit my opinion, by just saying that I am wrong because my opinion differs from yours.

I will be surprised if I read the news papers tomorrow and they do not share my view.
Agreed as POM meant it bolted our line up. Balanced backrow and released Sean O'Brien to play his game too.

Also Payne showed he is a legitimate attacking threat
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

*** Edited by mod ***
Hopefully for your sake another poster can elaborate on why opinion is wrong, and then you can row in behind them.
Last edited by limecat on March 20th, 2017, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal abuse
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

munster#1 wrote:*** Edited by mod ***
Hopefully for your sake another poster can elaborate on why opinion is wrong, and then you can row in behind them.
I think your issue is your telling trith on issues that are proven.
POM played and lineout improved.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote:*** Edited by mod ***
Hopefully so! I'm ideally waiting for the 'Big Bully' John G to come in here and whip you into shape!

But let's hope it's not for a while yet and we can all bask in the glow of the win first eh? :P
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

So much for bringing everyone together in the spirit of levity

For what its worth we clearly won because we had less non native born players than England
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

wixfjord wrote:
munster#1 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
And so it begins. 20 minutes after the game ends, the attempt to discredit Schmidt starts. That must be a new record M1?

Enjoy the win.
I am enjoying the win, it was one that like many, I did not predict.

My opinion is backed up by how well both Payne and POM played. Both players were massive today.
POM was due to be on the bench, but went on to be voted MOTM. His line-out work was something that Ireland were missing in our defeats.

If you have an alternative opinion, then give it. But don't act like a 6 year old by trying to discredit my opinion, by just saying that I am wrong because my opinion differs from yours.

I will be surprised if I read the news papers tomorrow and they do not share my view.
In two threads now you've done the same thing, less than half an hour after the game, so I think you can discredit your opinion all by yourself!

Anyway, great win, well done Joe and the team. :happy clapper:
As the man backed up with fact. Don't go all hypocritical sir [WINKING FACE]
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Considering he scored the only try of the gane, it's amazing that Henderson's contribution hasn't been given justifiable credit or that his impact on our line out improvement hasn't been acknowledged.
I suppose it doesn't fit the narrative.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:So much for bringing everyone together in the spirit of levity

For what its worth we clearly won because we had less non native born players than England
You mean non native coaches surely?
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschool wrote:Considering he scored the only try of the gane, it's amazing that Henderson's contribution hasn't been given justifiable credit or that his impact on our line out improvement hasn't been acknowledged.
I suppose it doesn't fit the narrative.
I don't often do this, but I do agree with you on this one. Henderson was a very good addition and gave good balance to the back 5 forwards, and was an integral part of the improved lineout.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschool wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:So much for bringing everyone together in the spirit of levity

Unless Farrell played league for Ireland think we have more foreign coaches
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

D Ryan was like a man possessed today. So refreshing to see a guy making up for lost time like that. Furlong, POM, Sexton and Henshaw my pick of the rest.
Sexton and POM are cut from the same cloth, just pure warriors. Two maul turnovers from Sexton after he took some unreal punishment.

SOB was poor again I though, CJ quiet and struggled at back of scrum a few times. Marmion was a breath of fresh air and Ringrose put in his most impressive performance of the 6N, dangerous throughout. Our back three was quiet enough, albeit Payne showed his rustiness/positioning issues alongside his undoubted class going forward.

Zebo again fairly ordinary, to me he looks leaden footed and overweight or injured.

Healy made a great impact again. Has outperformed McGrath this year.

We again made some poor mistakes and errors at times. SOB's handling, Marmion's forward pass and two brainless pens from McGrath and Stander really hurt us. No idea what the latter two were up to.

Great win, and gives us some breathing space. Hopefully we'll see a big Lions contingent and an exciting tour to Japan with guys like A Byrne, Leavy, Stockdale, Scannell, Conan, Carbery, Marmion etc playing a big part. Be great to get Olding back into the team too.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Unless Farrell played league for Ireland think we have more foreign coaches
Yeah meant Ireland had more non native coaches.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Can we just agree the McFadden ruse won it
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

wixfjord wrote:D Ryan was like a man possessed today. So refreshing to see a guy making up for lost time like that. Furlong, POM, Sexton and Henshaw my pick of the rest.
Sexton and POM are cut from the same cloth, just pure warriors. Two maul turnovers from Sexton after he took some unreal punishment.

SOB was poor again I though, CJ quiet and struggled at back of scrum a few times. Marmion was a breath of fresh air and Ringrose put in his most impressive performance of the 6N, dangerous throughout. Our back three was quiet enough, albeit Payne showed his rustiness/positioning issues alongside his undoubted class going forward.

Zebo again fairly ordinary, to me he looks leaden footed and overweight or injured.

We again made some poor mistakes and errors at times. SOB's handling, Marmion's forward pass and two brainless pens from McGrath and Stander really hurt us. No idea what the latter two were up to.

Great win, and gives us some breathing space. Hopefully we'll see a big Lions contingent and an exciting tour to Japan with guys like A Byrne, Leavy, Stockdale, Scannell, Conan, Carbery, Marmion etc playing a big part. Be great to get Olding back into the team too.
O'Brien and Stander had very good games making huge carries.

On Henderson. Crazy that it was his first time running a lineout
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

munster#1 wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
wixfjord wrote:

Enjoy the win.
Should have run a book on it.
Great counter opinion as always.

Stay classy.
*** Edited by mod ***

Now I would have went with a respectable three hours or so for a tenner, but I'm afraid that I would have lost that wager.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

After last week controlled fury was always going to get us close but lots of additional things today. Drinking time now can play the video tomorrow.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

wixfjord wrote:D Ryan was like a man possessed today. So refreshing to see a guy making up for lost time like that. Furlong, POM, Sexton and Henshaw my pick of the rest.

Good sum up all I'd disagree with is that I thought Sean and CJ were good. Sean played well overall for the first time this 6n but made some poor mistakes. CJ was the better 8 on the pitch, didn't have as many high profile carries as usual and had one particular shocker at the base, but seemed to me to be very involved in our good play.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
If you'd bothered your hole reading my previous posts you'd have seen you're not getting a counter opinion, your post was too predictable to warrant one.

Now I would have went with a respectable three hours or so for a tenner, but I'm afraid that I would have lost that wager.
Tbh, I never once believed that you would counter with an opinion, that would go against the norm, and you're not one for change.

Your narrative is constan, and tiresome. posters with a differing opinion are wrong / are wums / trolls / have an agenda etc.

I am none of the above, I gave my opinion. I do not believe for a second believe that any opinion I give has any impact on what happens, in the real world, so this whole agenda thing is fairly far fetched, and if I were a win, I would be a hell of a lot more subtle.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Is it possible that Heaslip being named was a bit of a ploy and mis-direction by Schmidt? It's suspicious that O'Mahony only started at the last minute, but almost every single lineout was thrown to him. I know last minute subs have tended to do well in Schmidt teams, but today was ridiculous. O'Mahiny was the central tenet of the gameplan! Did they cook that up in 10minutes?!