RWC 2019 Draw

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby Experimental » November 3rd, 2017, 1:01 am

Good draw for us, if I was English, French or Argentinian I'd be worried
User avatar
Experimental
Bookworm
 
Posts: 238
Joined: December 16th, 2007, 5:08 am

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby CiaranIrl » November 5th, 2017, 4:00 pm

So what are people's thoughts on the team for Saturday?

1. Healy vs McGrath: I think Healy will get the nod
2. Best
3. Furlong
4. Henderson
5. Toner
6. O'Mahony (could be Ruddock or Stander)
7. O'Brien
8. Stander (or Conan if Stander starts at 6)
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Earls
12. Aki
13. Henshaw
14. Stockdale, but could be someone else
15. Kearney
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
User avatar
CiaranIrl
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3200
Joined: April 27th, 2009, 11:23 am
Location: Dun Laoghaire

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby neiliog93 » November 5th, 2017, 7:09 pm

I like most of that team and agree with Healy being ahead of J.McGrath, but I'd start Conan ahead of Stander, with Stander on the bench (Leavy didn't look fully fit vs Glasgow). I agree with the centres, especially Henshaw moving to 13.

However, I'd have Carbery ahead of Rob at fullback.

1.Healy 2.Best 3.Furlong

4.Toner 5.Henderson

6.POM 8.Conan 7.SOB

9.Murray 10.Sexton 12.Aki 13.Henshaw 14.Stockdale

11.Earls 15.Carbery

16.Tracy/Herring (not too enthused about either..)
17.J.McGrath
18.John Ryan
19.Dillane
20.Stander
21.Marmion
22.McCloskey (Carbery covering 10, just don't trust Keatley at this level and Stu offers good impact)
23.Sweetnam
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3608
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:42 am

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby neiliog93 » November 5th, 2017, 7:10 pm

(Although this is probably the wrong thread, feel free to admonish us and move the discussion elsewhere).
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3608
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:42 am

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby Ruckedtobits » November 5th, 2017, 9:17 pm

neiliog93 wrote:I like most of that team and agree with Healy being ahead of J.McGrath, but I'd start Conan ahead of Stander, with Stander on the bench (Leavy didn't look fully fit vs Glasgow). I agree with the centres, especially Henshaw moving to 13.

However, I'd have Carbery ahead of Rob at fullback.

1.Healy 2.Best 3.Furlong

4.Toner 5.Henderson

6.POM 8.Conan 7.SOB

9.Murray 10.Sexton 12.Aki 13.Henshaw 14.Stockdale

11.Earls 15.Carbery

16.Tracy/Herring (not too enthused about either..)
17.J.McGrath
18.John Ryan
19.Dillane
20.Stander
21.Marmion
22.McCloskey (Carbery covering 10, just don't trust Keatley at this level and Stu offers good impact)
23.Sweetnam


Think he must start McGrath and Stander against huge Saffa pack and introduce Healy, Ryan, Ruddock and Treacy on 65 mins. Carbery must be selected at 15 or on the bench. Their half-backs don't kick accurately enough to rain bombs on our full-back, but Kearney will be 15. No point having him in the Squad otherwise.
Ruckedtobits
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3713
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby CiaranIrl » November 5th, 2017, 9:36 pm

neiliog93 wrote:(Although this is probably the wrong thread, feel free to admonish us and move the discussion elsewhere).


I totally posted under the wrong thread, sorry mods! Probably needs its own thread at this stage.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
User avatar
CiaranIrl
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3200
Joined: April 27th, 2009, 11:23 am
Location: Dun Laoghaire

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby brotheroffrank » November 6th, 2017, 1:48 am

No worries Ciaran, at least you didn’t start a debate on the question of who is the best leinster scrum half. .....
User avatar
brotheroffrank
Learner
 
Posts: 98
Joined: October 20th, 2011, 6:38 pm
Location: Na Glasáin

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby El Diablo » November 8th, 2017, 7:04 pm

simonokeeffe wrote:Samoa are an effing shambles these days on and off the pitch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samoa_national_rugby_union_team#Current_squad

locks are moslty NPC, outhalves are Aussie club rugby
even in traditional positions of strength theyve a lot of guys playing RFU championship/ProD2


http://www.the42.ie/samoa-rugby-bankrupt-england-scotland-tests-3685831-Nov2017/
User avatar
El Diablo
Mullet
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 1:34 am
Location: Happyland

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby simonokeeffe » November 8th, 2017, 7:39 pm

El Diablo wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Samoa are an effing shambles these days on and off the pitch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samoa_national_rugby_union_team#Current_squad

locks are moslty NPC, outhalves are Aussie club rugby
even in traditional positions of strength theyve a lot of guys playing RFU championship/ProD2


http://www.the42.ie/samoa-rugby-bankrupt-england-scotland-tests-3685831-Nov2017/


Gotta love a chairman who asks for donations whilst complaining about past criticisms.
The fact their RFU chairman is the PM is a big alarm bell and I think world rugby objected to it in the past. At the very least players complained about the union being run/used for political gain

http://www.espn.com/rugby/story/_/id/13844712/off-field-battles-undermined-proud-samoa-rugby-world-cup-ambitions-writes-dan-leo

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/5859718/Boozy-holiday-for-bosses-claims-Schwalger
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16777
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby Dexter » January 26th, 2018, 5:01 pm

This tweet made me laugh... (including the embedded tweet)
https://twitter.com/HarpinOnRugby/statu ... 6424514560
Dont Panic!
User avatar
Dexter
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2823
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 11:36 am

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby FLIP » January 26th, 2018, 5:46 pm

If anyone wants to go on the ballot for all the Ireland matches entries begin tomorrow.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby brotheroffrank » March 18th, 2018, 9:25 pm

Romania have qualified as Europe 1 in our group. ....
User avatar
brotheroffrank
Learner
 
Posts: 98
Joined: October 20th, 2011, 6:38 pm
Location: Na Glasáin

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby Dave Cahill » March 18th, 2018, 9:38 pm

brotheroffrank wrote:Romania have qualified as Europe 1 in our group as a result of Belgium beating Spain in a game refereed by a Romanian team of officials. ....



Fixed that for you :wink:

The Spanish are not happy.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 21520
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby brotheroffrank » March 18th, 2018, 10:20 pm

Thanks for that ! :!:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-roma ... SKBN1F71W7

Reuters will have more to write about. ...
User avatar
brotheroffrank
Learner
 
Posts: 98
Joined: October 20th, 2011, 6:38 pm
Location: Na Glasáin

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby Ruckedtobits » March 19th, 2018, 9:15 am

FLIP wrote:Image



So that's Romania and the winner of Spain v Tonga playoff. We're getting closer.
Ruckedtobits
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3713
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby FLIP » March 19th, 2018, 9:23 am

Ruckedtobits wrote:
FLIP wrote:Image



So that's Romania and the winner of Spain v Tonga playoff. We're getting closer.


Not quite. It's the winner of (Spain v Portugal) v Tonga.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby cormac » March 19th, 2018, 10:27 am

It's Samoa, not Tonga. Tonga have already qualified.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby brotheroffrank » March 19th, 2018, 3:06 pm

Reuters missed out on the story

Dave Cahill knows the story....

Wales missed out on beating England due to poor Officiating, so they run the story in sympathy with the Spanish.....
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... d-14429325
User avatar
brotheroffrank
Learner
 
Posts: 98
Joined: October 20th, 2011, 6:38 pm
Location: Na Glasáin

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby Oldschool » March 19th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Before this match Spain were ranked 19 and Belgium were ranked 25.
The points gap was 8 approx.
Would be interesting to know what the head to heads for the two teams are like in recent years.
Not to mention current form.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11183
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: RWC 2019 Draw

Postby cormac » March 19th, 2018, 5:52 pm

Oldschool wrote:Before this match Spain were ranked 19 and Belgium were ranked 25.
The points gap was 8 approx.
Would be interesting to know what the head to heads for the two teams are like in recent years.
Not to mention current form.


Spain beat them 30-0 in their last match against each other despite picking up a red card. Spain had lost one of their seven matches, Belgium had won one of their last seven.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
User avatar
cormac
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to International Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest