Ireland 2017-18

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ireland 2017-18

Post by Morf »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:The tahs are a really decent side. With Phipps, Foley, Beale (in sensational form it has to be said) and Folau in their backline they really are dangerous.

But my god as a side, they just leak really poor tries
Has summed up Wallabies for quite a while.

Often fantastic individual plays and piss-poor consistency in defence.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

I thought that was one of the noteworthy things about the Wallabies in our Test Series against them. They did not leak tries at all. We scored three in three games. Now some of their defence work at the breakdown was questionable and in fairness they did get pinged a fair bit (no cards though) but they were generally very strong defensively against us in the red zone.
Four Stars
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Lar wrote:I thought that was one of the noteworthy things about the Wallabies in our Test Series against them. They did not leak tries at all. We scored three in three games. Now some of their defence work at the breakdown was questionable and in fairness they did get pinged a fair bit (no cards though) but they were generally very strong defensively against us in the red zone.
To be fair I'd say you're quite right in June tests.

I was more linking it as a trait that's been there in OZ pro rugby quite a while.